BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Soccer saturday

This is now the forum where, if you have an alternative point of view, you either keep it to yourself or have some clown wanting to have it out on the cobbles. Then you get idiots plus marking that and the likes of you condoning it with the above post.

I'd agree with a lot of that DGS but it is simply a difference of opinion - don't worry about the plus and minus or whether someone disagrees but I notice that there is a majority who see things one way and one way ony. I don't agree with a lot of what is said on here because I see things differently to most - it doesn't make me right or wrong though.

Just keep throwing your point of view in because someone will agree with it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That isn't really true though is it?

The level of debate on this site has descended so far that anyone with an alternate viewpoint or who just doesn't agree with the mob on every single point, is immeadiately cast as a mole/venkys employee. Just re-read the last page. You have one idiot child insulting and offering people out for a fight for disagreeing with him and all the criticism is coming the way of those on the recieving end. Fabulous.

Most of this site have a similar opinion on Kean and the owners, ergo the debate is going to go that way, now obviously people with a diffrent opinion shouldn't be abused, but I have found those who do differ can be fairly abusive themselves.

I was very unimpressed with the coverage today. Glen himself came across well but the in-studio stuff was pretty poor. Not once did any panel member ask why Rovers fans jeered Steve Kean last week. Phil Thompson admitted that thousands had aired their feelings last week yet those people were still painted as stubborn curmudgeons. They made no reference whatsoever to Kean's risible record (and the fact that such a record that would rightly see any other manager sacked) or the parlous state of the team. There is still an attitude that Kean is somehow being persecuted, that Rovers supporters are bringing the club into disrepute by protesting the presence of an incompetent and weak management and ownership structure. Glen rightly claimed that the heart had been ripped from the club in 12 months yet not a word was uttered on this subject.

If someone dosn't offer an alternative point of view then we might as well jack it in. Either that or rename the board 'Pravda'.

I'm abrassive because I have become so exasperated.

Most of this site have a similar opinion on Kean and the owners, ergo the debate is going to go that way, now obviously people with a diffrent opinion shouldn't be abused, but I have found those who do differ can be fairly abusive themselves.

Siege mentality.

People like you ###### me off riding in on your high horse with your "I'm mr sensible and you are being a silly silly boy" comments. It was a stupid comment for him to make. It's not just me giving him grief for it. And he does seem like a know it all little prick...so feck off back to button moon mister spoon.

Is this really necessary?

People like you ###### me off riding in on your high horse with your "I'm mr sensible and you are being a silly silly boy" comments. It was a stupid comment for him to make. It's not just me giving him grief for it. And he does seem like a know it all little prick...so feck off back to button moon mister spoon.

You're a bit of "character" aren't you?

I was also very annoyed by Nicholas's reference to Jack Walker. Why should we stop referring to the man? Yes we suffered strained times during his tenure (relegation being chief among them) but he undoubtedly had the club's best interests at heart and indeed employed a staff who felt the same way. He had the balls and conviction to admit his mistakes and took steps to fix the situation following our relegation - something that was ultimately successful. Can anyone really claim that such an attitude exists at the club these days?

I used to respect Nicholas as a pundit but my father - a big Celtic man - has always maintained that "thon boy's a toerag." I'm inclined to agree.

Tell you what. Next time your in backburn lets meet up and sort this out properly. It's very easy to mouth off behind a keyboard. Are you a coward Derk?

I got slated last week.for making threats. Rightly so. But J had the decency to appologes, are you going to do the same for your threat?

Yakubu was booed by Rovers supporters for running over to Kean. If yakubu wants to do that, then it is his choice. Kean did bring yakubu to the club. He did bring him back to the prem. He is proving to be a good signing. It was only natural for.yakubu to celebrate scoring as he did. But he was condemned for doing it.

Appears to me that comments that are not glorifying towards the protestors are not welcomed. Different view points not welcomed unless you carry a banner and wear a.yellow T-shirt. The reason for the protests are right. But the method wrong. Booing when your team has just scored. Sit ins when your team has just won. Just does not sound right at all.

Never did they ask today WHY Rovers fans are so anti Kean.

Yes he is a terrible terrible football manager and that is bad enough.

But we all know it goes much deeper that in many aspects (some of which Glen aluded to on Sky), going right back to his part in Allardyce sacking.

If anyone is asked by the media to comment about Kean, I suggest we ignore his footballing record and inabilities and request them to ask him some of the questions I posed in another thread.

As for protests, whether you protest or not is up to you. Don't worry about anyone else.

But if you are not going to protest, at least go the game and cheer the team and even Venkeans if you want to. Don't just sit on your hands in silence until we score like so many anti-protest fans seem to do.

Aaaargh!! Then we are described as fickle!

Face it, the media don't give two ##### about us and will happily see us drop through the divisions to be replaced by a Southampton or whoever.

We know what the boos are for, so does Kean, and so do the media/pundits. They just act obtuse because it suits their agenda.

Trouble is, their agenda is being bought by half of the Rovers fans preventing us from uniting.

Everyone agrees that the fans ARE the club yet some prefer to side with the fly-by-night chancer who, if he was to become successful, would clear off, same as every other manager and player.

The ultimate irony is that the most pointed protests have generated both wins this season.

Agree with this Jisty (as far as it goes).

A couple of additional thoughts if I may. Who (should) give a flying one what the media think? The articles supporting the supporters of a couple of weeks ago have made ZERO difference to the folk that matter - the Indians - as far as we know, and judging from their actions (or lack of them).

Secondly, it's doing a good job of dividing the Rovers fanbase. That's what Agnew et al are trying to do. None of us want that. Keep focused on the bigger picture.

Protests must have a clear aim - for example getting shut of Kean and Venky's - and we've seen that these type of little sideshows have very little impact on the overall aim. Accept it.

Not all the media are SEM clients or ex-SEM clients. Charlie Nicholas used to be one of the pundits that was most kind to Rovers, but all that changed once the likes of Anderson and Kean got involved.

Here is a piece from football365...

Steve Kean

The seemingly bullet-proof Blackburn manager was pretty bullish after his side beat Swansea last weekend.

"There must be other issues because I can't fathom why, when we're leading a game, they're chanting, but that's their prerogative," said Kean about the protests by fans against him. Apparently he's unable to fathom that supporters might still be unhappy even after his winning ratio rocketed up from six to seven victories in a year.

A little advice for you, Steve - firstly the 'other issues' were probably all those games you lost. And secondly, the time to 'give it the big one' and declare you don't know what everyone is whinging about is when your team is no longer in the relegation zone. Better yet, wait until you're totally safe from relegation. We all understand why he is so relentlessly positive, but a little humility and recognition that you know why your own fans are complaining would do you a power of good. It will at least persuade people that you are fully in touch with reality.

In any case, as has been argued elsewhere (specifically by Matthew Stanger), at a time when football fans are criticised for being fickle, if anything the Blackburn fans should be commended for sticking to their principles and not being swayed by a single result.

Kean will have the right to be baffled if the fans are still protesting should Blackburn stage a miraculous recovery and be mid-table by January. Obviously, to earn that right he has to win a few more games, starting at Sunderland on Sunday.

Big Weekend

I wish the same old posters would stop blaming people who have protested for the boo's, when are you going to take your blinkers off and realise most of the crowd boo'd this is not about anti or pro protest, these boo's rang out from every stand, and its amazing how many people on here are distancing themselves from those boo's,

It was spontaneous and it seems its just being used as another bullet to fire at the people who have protested, for once take the word protest out of your sentences and change them to the home crowd, because that is exactly what happened and I was there, it seems so many who was not there have an opinion and are quick to point the finger

Never did they ask today WHY Rovers fans are so anti Kean.

Yes he is a terrible terrible football manager and that is bad enough.

But we all know it goes much deeper that in many aspects (some of which Glen aluded to on Sky), going right back to his part in Allardyce sacking.

ALLEDGED INVOLVEMENT.

If anyone is asked by the media to comment about Kean, I suggest we ignore his footballing record and inabilities and request them to ask him some of the questions I posed in another thread.

As for protests, whether you protest or not is up to you. Don't worry about anyone else.

But if you are not going to protest, at least go the game and cheer the team and even Venkeans if you want to. Don't just sit on your hands in silence until we score like so many anti-protest fans seem to do.

I wish the same old posters would stop blaming people who have protested for the boo's, when are you going to take your blinkers off and realise most of the crowd boo'd this is not about anti or pro protest, these boo's rang out from every stand, and its amazing how many people on here are distancing themselves from those boo's,

It was spontaneous and it seems its just being used as another bullet to fire at the people who have protested, for once take the word protest out of your sentences and change them to the home crowd, because that is exactly what happened and I was there, it seems so many who was not there have an opinion and are quick to point the finger

So true Glen.

For the antis ... you should realise that without the organised protests things would have desecended much further. The protests have acted as a relief valve, without them we would be witness to more of the gut-insticts that gave rise to the yakubu-boo. That behaviour is our base nature as human beings. It's not nice but it is the place we have been brought to by venkeans crass actions. Who is to blame? Well imo it is totally the result of venkeans actions and omissions. People that want to blame the fans are not analysing the situation fully. Ask why the fans behave like they do? Are they just "bad people"?

I look forward to what the soccer Saturday clowns say about Millwall fans next week. Never liked the muppets they have on there and frankly none of them are worth listening to. That said, it was a massive own goal to boo after yak celebrated with Kean. Up until then the media had started to crank the pressure up, and that just served as a relief valve.

From where I sit and from the Wigan game anything that has happened during the game has been spontaneous and a response to the way the game has been going. The fans have not been fickle they are responding to the deteriorating situation at Rovers.

The protests have been before and after the game (the plane being the only exception).

The way the results have gone today if we go a goal behind tomorrow I fully expect the fans to kick off again.

I look forward to what the soccer Saturday clowns say about Millwall fans next week. Never liked the muppets they have on there and frankly none of them are worth listening to. That said, it was a massive own goal to boo after yak celebrated with Kean. Up until then the media had started to crank the pressure up, and that just served as a relief valve.

It's amazing that such a quite obviously spontaeneous 'boo' has been so misunderstood by the media and fans alike. Looking at it logically how could such a thing be orchestrated. These things occur only when the situation allows it to - in this case Kean milking the cheers which where for Yak and the team.

You're a bit of "character" aren't you?

Yeah i can be. I wasn't having a go at Derk because of an alternate perspective. It's because of his tone and attitude. Where i come from you don't insult people like that and get away with it scott free. Everyone is different. Fair play. But if you try to make a cock out of me then it's on. I mean what did i do? Having a go at Mr know it all eddie? Do me a favour!

It's amazing that such a quite obviously spontaeneous 'boo' has been so misunderstood by the media and fans alike. Looking at it logically how could such a thing be orchestrated. These things occur only when the situation allows it to - in this case Kean milking the cheers which where for Yak and the team.

Didn't say it was orchestrated. But it was an own goal unfortunately

Archived