BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Next

mark

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take Shearer over Kean anyday of the week!!! He wouldn't be my 1st choice but he would be on the Shotlist for me.

My 1st choice would be Hughes but just don't think he would work for these owners!

Curbs would be next on my list but yet again would he work for venkys or move up North.

Grant NO THANKS!!!

Don't think Benitez or Ancelotti would come to rovers for sure.

OLS, Bilic or Schuster don't have PL experience and big gamble.

Souness is option till end of the season but not beyond that for me.

Sven, Jones, Smith, Keegan and Hoddle are decent options but I just don't know if keep us up tho.

Maybe if Shearer or Souness came in as manager with Ray Wilkins as number 2 I would probably go for that till the end of the season. could be rovers best option.

Actually, Chelsea have been a far worse team since Wilkins left!!

I think we need to get real here, I honestly cant see a top manager joining Rovers at the moment, our best chance is with a young manager who can get a side organised, playing together and with purpose!!

Unfortunately it will be only a Venky picked man..Listing to fans and the wise just doesnt seem to be their style.My first choice is Mark Hughes but hes a bit of a butterfly nowadays,but a temp contract + stay up bonus might tempt him to come and save us.....mission completed then offer him something more solid.

Mark Hughes,

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer,

Ian Holloway,

Slaven Bilic,

Bernd Schuaster,

Steve Bruce,

In that order!

have to agree with Hughes and Solksjaer not sure about the rest of them though... a maybe over Bilic

HUGHES- Knows the club although had the support of John Williams and Tom Finn to liaise with Walker Family over budgets something that would have to be provided by Paul and Simon Hunt and Vinny Rao in order to talk with owners instead of the current scenario. Fans favorite, managed the club on a strict budget, free and low fee transfers, Nelsen, Samba, Bentley, Santa Cruz, Bellemy, utilized golden oldies Tugay and Savage to full effect.

Solksjaer- sure to be on the tip on tongues in the Manchester United boardrooms looking for a replacement for the Knight of the Red Realm. OK the club would be used in helping Solksjaer understand top level management in order to taking the United job eventually, but having won the Norwegian league at his first attempt with Molde and having previously lead Man Utd reserves to glory needs to be given a chance in a stronger competitive league if he wants the hot seat at Old Trafford. but we said that about Hughes and Ince. question is could Ole have an imediate impact in turning around the clubs fortunes or should be a summer approach by which time he will have already started the new season with Molde and will have opporunity to manage in the champions league

have to agree with Hughes and Solksjaer not sure about the rest of them though... a maybe over Bilic

HUGHES- Knows the club although had the support of John Williams and Tom Finn to liaise with Walker Family over budgets something that would have to be provided by Paul and Simon Hunt and Vinny Rao in order to talk with owners instead of the current scenario. Fans favorite, managed the club on a strict budget, free and low fee transfers, Nelsen, Samba, Bentley, Santa Cruz, Bellemy, utilized golden oldies Tugay and Savage to full effect.

Solksjaer- sure to be on the tip on tongues in the Manchester United boardrooms looking for a replacement for the Knight of the Red Realm. OK the club would be used in helping Solksjaer understand top level management in order to taking the United job eventually, but having won the Norwegian league at his first attempt with Molde and having previously lead Man Utd reserves to glory needs to be given a chance in a stronger competitive league if he wants the hot seat at Old Trafford. but we said that about Hughes and Ince. question is could Ole have an imediate impact in turning around the clubs fortunes or should be a summer approach by which time he will have already started the new season with Molde and will have opporunity to manage in the champions league

Hughes would obviously be the best option. But I think Souey could be a good short term option at Rovers. Lets be honest, it needs a big character to sort of our loony owners and he wouldn't pull any punches. Could be great for the club getting itself back on its feet. We don't need another 'yes' man (i.e. Avram Grant, Sven)

Hughes would obviously be the best option. But I think Souey could be a good short term option at Rovers. Lets be honest, it needs a big character to sort of our loony owners and he wouldn't pull any punches. Could be great for the club getting itself back on its feet. We don't need another 'yes' man (i.e. Avram Grant, Sven)

Whilst I agree Souey wouldn't take any Arji Bhaji from our owners I saw a interview with Tubes off Soccer AM (no Michael Parkinson I know) not so long ago and he stated he was happy out of football management and happy to keep enjoying watching football and giving his opinion and being paid for it( not bad work if you can get it ).

I personally would love Souness back in the hot seat at Ewood a strong leader in times like these.... i just don't see A) our owners giving Kean the chop 6 months overdue and B giving Souey a crack at saving our league status having probably being advised that he is no "YES man"

Spoke to Souness last month and would be stunned if he firstly came back to management and secondly had any desire to work under these muppets.

Alan Nixon seems to think Souey would take the job on a short term basis. I believe those two are close so tend to think he prob would take the job. Whether Venkys would offer it to him or not is another matter. Don't think they would, personally. Think they will prbably go for a big name like Shearer.

Alan Nixon seems to think Souey would take the job on a short term basis. I believe those two are close so tend to think he prob would take the job. Whether Venkys would offer it to him or not is another matter. Don't think they would, personally. Think they will prbably go for a big name like Shearer.

When i spoke with him, Souey did not seem to realise the depth of problems at the club or Keans win ratio (until I informed him) - seemed to think Wigan were in deeper problems and Venkys should have extended Sam's contract when they first came in, not sacked him.

He also talked highly of the board during his time as manager at the club....

As I said, can't see him returning to management, especially under Venkys, however you never know - a short term deal working under morons who are not willing to spend any money on the club might tempt him out of retirement.

So the agents are advising the agents who are advising Venkys on the next manager. Looks like the only spend we will be having on the balance sheet is agents fees. Remind me how much Jack paid for agents to advise him on choosing the right manager to win the Premier League.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/super-agent-zahavi-now-advising-blackburn-owners-2564241?utm_source=feed_newsnow#

Archived