BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Next

mark

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF and its a big IF the Venkys sacked Coco they are quite likely to save a salary by appointing Clement as caretaker manager until the end of the Season.

I would put nothing past those cretins in Pune.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Or they might do repeat of last year - i.e. sack Kean & Clement and promote someone we never heard of claiming he's a hard worker and an even more positive thinker than Kean. Still....hoping for a xmas miracle!

At the end of the last season I think a few people would have taken Owen. I still think Bolton will not go down not sure why but its what I think :blink:

Bolton need to sack Coyle if they have any desire to stay up. With their debts, they can't afford to take the hit of relegation. It's all well and good hoping he'll turn things around, but when you're dealt a poor hand do you stick or twist?

Bolton need to sack Coyle if they have any desire to stay up. With their debts, they can't afford to take the hit of relegation. It's all well and good hoping he'll turn things around, but when you're dealt a poor hand do you stick or twist?

I agree that Bolton are in as much deep trouble as Rovers but the manager has been there before and for some reason I think they will escape. I think they will make signing and loans in Jan and escape. While Rovers will still be arguing over all sorts.

Considering how unattractive a proposition we must be to any experienced manager under Venky's, I'd go for...

Jim Bowen.

Local lad, big name, and although we might keep losing games, at least we'd have a load of mother-in-law jokes afterwards to cheer us up.

Post match comment - JUST LOOK WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WON :o

The People links us with Grant and Jones!

I think we're down anyway but not Grant for his sake as well as ours, don't want to see him take 3 clubs down in 3 years.

Rather have Souness in, get some fear back into the spineless bunch. Bring Tugay with him and tell him to bring his boots.

NO, NO, NO to Jones !!! He is another Anderson SEM/Kentaro client.

I am getting a little tired of Nicko promoting these SEM clients. First it was Coyle, then it was Kean and now it is Jones. We could do with another managerial 'gem' like a hole in the head.

We're in this mess in the first place because we had a SEM client foisted on us instead of a manager appointed on merit. We need to get SEM's claws out of Rovers - so definitely no to Jones or any other SEM client.

Anderson SEM/Kentaro out of Rovers for good !

Would take Souness over Kean any day (assuming he's not also involved with SEM !).

I'd take Steve Bruce but its a bit soon after the Sunderland sacking

IMV, just like Kean, a bullsh1tter but with a slightly more pleasant smell.

Steve Bruce, Ian Holloway, A prem Assistant or Rafa. Venky's have already started looking.

text just received. Make of that what you will.

Heard that Holloway has strong support in certain quarters at Ewood. I think he'd be like a breath of fresh air.

Bruce was majorly critical of the owners for sacking big sam, don't know if they'd approach him - I hope not.

I'm resigned to us going down this year, so we need someone who can bring us back up, my choice would be Holloway but he's also criticised the owners recently too.

Not sure Grant is the answer, he would struggle in the championship, we need someone who knows that league.

Contenders:

Grant - has taken two teams down, awful record. Never a manager. Would be an awful choice.

Clement - no experience , Kean take two, no thanks.

Souness - lost the plot last time and couldn't handle players in the long term. His training methods are a joke but might install fight to keep us up, short term could work, beyond season no thanks.

Hughes - would restore faith in the club and be an amazing appointment, wouldn't come.

Rafa - good appointment, wouldn't come.

Anchelotti - see above.

Bruce - awful manager.

Holloway - plays same football as Kean, open and naive wouldn't come and wouldn't want him.

Schuster - tremendous appointment but could he get used to prem quick enough?

Mclaren - worse than Bruce and that takes some doing.

Curbishley - marginally better than mclaren.

Shearer with Mark Bowen anyone?

Contenders:

Grant - has taken two teams down, awful record. Never a manager. Would be an awful choice.

Clement - no experience , Kean take two, no thanks.

Souness - lost the plot last time and couldn't handle players in the long term. His training methods are a joke but might install fight to keep us up, short term could work, beyond season no thanks.

Hughes - would restore faith in the club and be an amazing appointment, wouldn't come.

Rafa - good appointment, wouldn't come.

Anchelotti - see above.

Bruce - awful manager.

Holloway - plays same football as Kean, open and naive wouldn't come and wouldn't want him.

Schuster - tremendous appointment but could he get used to prem quick enough?

Mclaren - worse than Bruce and that takes some doing.

Curbishley - marginally better than mclaren.

Shearer with Mark Bowen anyone?

Micheal Laudrup

Johan Cruyff

Frank Rijkaard -- Tempt him from Saudi

Archived