BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Next

mark

Hughes, Rafa, Ancelotti - any of those 3 would be great.

The only difficulty would be choosing between the three really, wouldn't it?

Back in the real world, none of them will come within a mile of the shambles that our club currently is. I doubt Rafa or Ancelotti would ever come here even if we were in a healthy state.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

We are as good as down now. For me nobody would even look at the job, the only realistic target who could come in and really lift the place would be Tugay. No pressure at all now.

Iv said it before the only feasible option right now would be Newall.. He's the only one who would take the job (all to gain nothing to lose) and I think he's actually got a chance of getting us out of this mire... All others (that would come) wouldn't do what is required..

The next venkys decision will define us...

Not to be a pessimist but Kean will be here until Venky's have bled us dry. If the club survives, I don't care who takes over, I'll just be glad I still have a team to support. But rest assured Mark Hughes or anyone with a name to shout about won't take over from Steve Kean.

Okay, so maybe I am a pessimist realist.

Hope you don't mind me correcting you, JiG, you're too modest!

What bemuses me about Venky's is how, despite all their fine words about Europe, they seem to be fixated on a manager who, if he isn't fired quickly, will have us playing in Division 2-really next August. Apart from anything else, how does that fit into their corporate strategy?

Sorry; I've not answered the question; I can't imagine which past or present League Manager worth his salt would want this poisoned chalice. [Apologies if I'm mixing metaphors!]

• Backroom

The People links us with Grant and Jones!

I think we're down anyway but not Grant for his sake as well as ours, don't want to see him take 3 clubs down in 3 years.

Rather have Souness in, get some fear back into the spineless bunch. Bring Tugay with him and tell him to bring his boots.

Hughes or souness for me. When Hughes came in last time, he made rovers hard to play against. Rovers even got labeled bully boys etc.

Well we could do with that label now. A lot better than jokes or chickens. Give Hughes contract for end of season.. Then take it from there.

Hughes or souness for me. When Hughes came in last time, he made rovers hard to play against. Rovers even got labeled bully boys etc.

Well we could do with that label now. A lot better than jokes or chickens. Give Hughes contract for end of season.. Then take it from there.

Should have happenend as soon has he left Fulham , Alex Feguson couldn't keep us up now !!!!

If the indian idiots think bringing in Grant is a recipe for anything other than further disaster and even more hatred of their ownership, they should think again now. i don't cre what he did at Chelsea - they are in a different situation and a different league as far as we're concerned- I care what he did at Portsmouth and West ham - far more relevant to us

Schuster would be my choice.. I don't think many of the UK targets would be interested in the slightest, as I have pointed out on other threads currently available, he has experience working with low budget small teams and turning them around, links with existing players, a HUGE reputation, would command respect, and squad would suit him, could attract the right level of player and takes no crap.

Rather have Souness in, get some fear back into the spineless bunch. Bring Tugay with him and tell him to bring his boots.

This would be the ideal solution. Two people with the club's interest at heart. I'm sure if Souness was offered an 18 month deal with Tugay as assistant he'd be tempted. He also has that experience of getting out of the Championship. Hopefully Tugay would then take over.

Only problem is Tugay's at the club he probably loves more than ours :-(

This would be the ideal solution. Two people with the club's interest at heart. I'm sure if Souness was offered an 18 month deal with Tugay as assistant he'd be tempted. He also has that experience of getting out of the Championship. Hopefully Tugay would then take over.

Only problem is Tugay's at the club he probably loves more than ours :-(

Can you really see Souness working for the Venkys ???

There would be a bloodbath and it wouldn't be Soueys .But then again , bring it on !!

Avram Grant can not be seriously considered, if Grant returns to management, he needs to prove himself around a League II, League I level.

In retrospect, West Ham should not have got rid of Zola who in his 2nd year, had West Ham safe by 5 points, West Ham had 35 points, Burnley were relegated with 30 points. Owen Coyle left Burnley that year I believe for Bolton and saved Bolton from a horrendous situation if I remember correctly. Anyway.

There are a few candidates out there, I've even thought of a few names from as long ago as 5-7 years ago who though sacked did not have absolutely terrible results. Blackburn is getting real bad results.

It's amazing, the Rovers lost to Sunderland close to the 90th minute mark and now, it seems the West Brom Albion match was a blooming repeat of that with Odemwingie's late goal, almost the same bloody thing. Lose two games, 2-1 in the closing minutes.

You can image the scene now in Pune:

Balaji,belly stuffed,farting loudly with one too many onion bhajis,legs spread out over his 'work' desk,shirt open to his belly and smoking Cuban cigar.......

''Why new manager,whats the fuss? Steveo very nice man,very good manager'' he farts again loudly with contented smile.

Meanwhile back in merry England,Ewood is being devoured by Hades !

Schuster would be my choice.. I don't think many of the UK targets would be interested in the slightest, as I have pointed out on other threads currently available, he has experience working with low budget small teams and turning them around, links with existing players, a HUGE reputation, would command respect, and squad would suit him, could attract the right level of player and takes no crap.

A candidate something like this is what the Rovers need. And has a good head for the game. Kean lacks on the technical end, the staff should be able to take up the slack but as happens so often, don't.

If Venky's had any sense ( they don't, by the way, they are patently stupid) they would just get Kean out of the building immediately.

If they haven't anyone lined up, even at this stage, just put Nelsen/ Samba / Salgado/ whoever, in charge until they can find a willing and suitable candidate.

No one can set a team up as badly as the Rovers team we saw yesterday, or in the second half against Sunderland.

A burden would be lifted around the whole club just by seeing the back of this incompetent no mark.

Immediately!

Archived