BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A genuine message for Mr. Kean...

Cmon mate that's why JW left, you don't sack a manager like Allardyce for a gamble.. It's just nonsense.

I totally agree - was just debating the point that some people on the mb claim to have known from the start that KEan would be the disaster he turned out to be. IMO, given the fact that at the time he was a respected coach, there was always a chance that he would be a half decent manager - but it was always a gamble, and as you say one we didn't need to take.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly bitter but Sam, JW and the rest of the board (at that time) were not behind (or agreed) the decision for him to become manager - speak to anyone at Fulham who knows him from his time there, Steve Kean as a manager? They would chuckle back and most agree the man is a chancer, never managerial material.

Of course, his pals Jerome and Craig Brown respect him as a coach, however this appointment had disaster all over it from the start. In fact, it must go down as one of the strangest appointments in recent times.

Why not ? What he has achieved at Barca is nothing short of amazing. Also - mega club Liverpool - how many titles recently ? Being a big club obviously helps - but is no guarantee of success.

The point I was making was that nobody knew at the start whether Kean would be a success or not - though everyone knew it was a gamble.

Liverpool of the 80s were a mega club.

It is about risk, BRFC cannot afford to take gambles, epsecially on a a nobody that had acheived nothing in his coaching career. It had failed time after time for us in just the past 15 years- usually with coaches with more of a reputation than that plonker.

The point I was making was that nobody knew at the start whether Kean would be a success or not - though everyone knew it was a gamble.

Nobody knew - you're right. But some people were doubtful from the very outset and got to realise their fears were well founded pretty damn quick, while others, who were just glad to see the change in manager, held on for far too long. Even just a few weeks ago some fans were asking for more time. [The football's been really good and we've been so unlucky] Remember? - it's not long ago.

So, some people pointed out a long time ago that he was pants as a manager, while some people couldn't see it at all.

That better?

Your psychic ability obviously knows no bounds - I trust you thought the same when we appointed respected coaches like Kidd and even Harford. I am surprised that you thought it was a Venky decision - as it would appear that the strings were being pulled by Kean's agent.

Also, like many, when he was first appointed following Sam's sacking - I thought he was only a temporary measure until they brought in an experienced manager.

You simply cannot compare the lack of experience that Harford, Kidd, Guardiola and Mourinho had to Kean's lack of experience! :lol:

You do realize that their lack of experience comprised of winning major trophies and working alongside world class managers don't you.

Kean's lack of experience comprises mainly of playing a handful of games for teams that anyone gives a crap about, and another handful for a bunch of obscure teams. Then assisting Chris Coleman, who himself was a novice. None of the stints at clubs were successful (Fulham - sacked, Real Sociedad - resigned, Coventry - sacked).

Steve Kean must be the luckiest man ever to have graced a football field. When he eventually leaves, he will be a very rich man despite a very unsuccessful career.

That said, and regarding the poor taste displayed above, I'd never wish the guy any personal harm. It's Venky's fault he's in the job. It's actually becoming quite cruel as the guy is obviously delusional and totally out of his depth. It's never nice to see someone digging themselves a bigger hole. His smiles during interviews are him putting a brave face on. I have no doubts that Kean is trying his best, but his best will never ever be enough. Even an experienced manager would struggle with Venkys at the helm.

Venkys, please do the right thing and put the club up for sale.

Archived