BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A genuine message for Mr. Kean...

Just watched the Rovers on Football First. How Steve Kean cannot resign after that performance is beyond belief. The fans own the football club, anyone else in our 136 year history are simply custodians. Does Kean not realise he is helping to systematically destroy our club. He must be emotionally bankrupt to cling onto his position, it is disgusting. I have a message for him. Steve, do the honourable thing... the right thing, and resign from our club. If you don't, you have no courage and will be forever remembered as a cowardly excuse of a man.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

''The fans own the football club, anyone else in our 136 year history are simply custodians.''

Well said Sir,even Jack was only a custodian,except he was a fan like the rest of us and bled blue 'n' white..he knew the score.

This club is the people of Blackburn and surrounding areas...we are not going to let these shysters who think they 'own' us now ruin a long and proud tradition.

Just watched the Rovers on Football First. How Steve Kean cannot resign after that performance is beyond belief. The fans own the football club, anyone else in our 136 year history are simply custodians. Does Kean not realise he is helping to systematically destroy our club. He must be emotionally bankrupt to cling onto his position, it is disgusting. I have a message for him. Steve, do the honourable thing... the right thing, and resign from our club. If you don't, you have no courage and will be forever remembered as a cowardly excuse of a man.

Interesting idea, but in all seriousness, nobody is going to resign from such a well paid job. I'm sure that Kean never actually asked to be appointed as manager, he was offered the job, no doubt at a very enhanced salary to what he was earning 12 months ago. If you are at work and there is pressure on you, you would stick it out until somebody else made that decision for you, hoping for a pay out if the axe appears.The only way that Kean will go is if Venky's realise the mistake they made in the first place and get rid of him, providing they can afford to do so. The problem then would be a suitable replacement. As any recognised manager, would you want to take over the managers position under the control of an outfit who clearly do not understand the finer points of football.?

Do you think Kean will ever be a Premier League manager again?

He'll cling onto this job for dear life. It needs to be taken out of his hands.

I don't think he will get any kind of job anywhere near the prem league as a manager or a coach, who was the guy that called him a poor man's Phil brown because look where he is now.

Interesting idea, but in all seriousness, nobody is going to resign from such a well paid job. I'm sure that Kean never actually asked to be appointed as manager, he was offered the job, no doubt at a very enhanced salary to what he was earning 12 months ago. If you are at work and there is pressure on you, you would stick it out until somebody else made that decision for you, hoping for a pay out if the axe appears.The only way that Kean will go is if Venky's realise the mistake they made in the first place and get rid of him, providing they can afford to do so. The problem then would be a suitable replacement. As any recognised manager, would you want to take over the managers position under the control of an outfit who clearly do not understand the finer points of football.?

Venkys are unable to realise anything, headless chickens is really apt for them, I have never in my life encountered anyone as stupid as the Rao family and I have met quite a few numptys!!

great move by the LT and Andy Cryer and his editor!!! The fans want 'KEAN OUT' and they are just reporting what the fans want!!!

Don't kid yourself chadders. If that was the case the would have run it weeks ago.

They are printing it because of the letter written by Jack Straw and Kate Hollern.

This is wrong.

For a start, it has been well documneted that Kean actively sought the manager's job when Sam was sacked. Like all good chancers, he saw his opportunity and went for the top job despite having no qualifications or the ability to do it. The workplace around the country is full of people like Kean.

Second, there are plenty of examples of managers who resign because they know they are struggling in the job and the team are getting poor results. They resign because they feel it is the best interests of the club and feel a different man might turn fortunes around. Kean feels none of these things and because of his bravado would never admit he is out of his depth and resign. In short, he is shameless.

Managers do not walk. They, including Kean, are on fixed term contracts. They get sacked.....they get the rest of their contracts paid up in full, plus taxable benefits, and then sign a Compromise Agreement that binds them to confidentiality

Why would he, and any other person in a similar position, resign?

Kean's position was summed up best on Sunday Supplement (I shudder that I support this terribly biased show!) he has been "over promoted". Venky's clearly want somebody to be extremely grateful to steer their baby and do so without question, there is nobody better than the now clearly unemployable Mr Kean.

To be honest - if he had any decency he would talk to the owners and offer to walk for a reduced pay out - being realistic (looking at it from his point of view) why should he lose out on a substantial pay out when he is likely to struggle to get a job in football again.

I think as Andy Cryer keeps saying - taking aside how he got the job in the first place - he has never really got the support from the owners that he needed (especially given his lack of experience). With hind sight it was always a recipe for disaster - owners and manager who had no experience.

Managers do not walk. They, including Kean, are on fixed term contracts. They get sacked.....they get the rest of their contracts paid up in full, plus taxable benefits, and then sign a Compromise Agreement that binds them to confidentiality

Why would he, and any other person in a similar position, resign?

No, you're right. Managers don't resign.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/barnsley/9484019.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14670814.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/07/dietmar-hamman-resigns-stockport-manager

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8898993.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/02/mark-hughes-resigns-fulham

http://www.unbelievable-jeff.com/forums/index.php/topic/1617-martin-johnson-resigns-as-england-coach/

Archived