BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] You Must Boycott

riggers77

I stopped going at the end of last season. I could see last season that despite the poor performances and in the majority of cases the poor results, Kean constantly lied to the fans, the ridiculous statements from both him and Venkys infuriated me. I could see how poor we were and yet I heard the repetitive spin from the jokers in charge. I personally hate being patronised and lied to, so as much as it pains me to stay at home Saturday's I cannot support the the team with this lying sack in charge, to do so in my eyes is tantamount to me agreeing with the drivel he spouts and that is never going to happen. Additionally it would make my blood boil to see that clown on the touchline and I have enough problems with blood pressure and heart disease without Coco adding fuel to that particular fire.

All that said, I can understand those who want to attend, and I can understand their desire to support the team, we all do things our own way and we won't always agree, but we should all be able to make our choices without being flamed on here or on other bulletin boards.

LOVE ROVERS

HATE KEAN

HATE VENKYS

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is they simply dont give a damn what we think,we are beneath them in their eyes.

Correct. Mrs D would rather the club went under than give in to protestors.

The club means nothing to her. Town & community even less.

Afraid it looks like whatever fans do, it has no impact on Venky's decision making process, for whatever reason Mrs D continues to back Kean, no other manager would've survived after what happened against Bolton on and off the field. A boycott will make fans boycotting feel better bu will not have any impact on Venky's. This is truly a unique situation.

Interesting to think, that if she is right, and he does turn Rovers around would she then be the messiah ! can`t see it happening, but if it did happen it would certainly elevate her reputation and she would get my backing. "rovers turn around - top 10 team BTW"

Interesting to think, that if she is right, and he does turn Rovers around would she then be the messiah !

At this point Kean could win 10 in a row and still be viewed as contemptible human being.

And Mrs. D would not be considered a messiah. The best she can hope for is a reputation for cleaning up her own mess, which would be a positive. Which I think is unlikely as Kean appears capable of only making excuses (some outlandish) to explain his failures.

What on earth is the point of coming on here to ask 20,000 fans to take part in a boycott. There are probably 200/300 active members and if every one of them boycotted matches no one would notice the difference.

The only way is to increase the hostility of the matchday chanting to a degree that Kean cannot stand it any longer and dreads standing on the touchline. If he does not go then make it really torture for him to stay. I find some satisfaction in that.

I honestly cannot remember ever having such a degree of pure hate for anyone that I have for this man.

What on earth is the point of coming on here to ask 20,000 fans to take part in a boycott. There are probably 200/300 active members and if every one of them boycotted matches no one would notice the difference.

The only way is to increase the hostility of the matchday chanting to a degree that Kean cannot stand it any longer and dreads standing on the touchline. If he does not go then make it really torture for him to stay. I find some satisfaction in that.

I honestly cannot remember ever having such a degree of pure hate for anyone that I have for this man.

It will do no good at all. Kean is so used to it now, that he will just stand there and take it. He has done that for the past few matches. The more hostile it has been, the more support kean has received from media, other managers.

Venkys are happy for relegation to happen. That is plainly obvious.

Correct. Mrs D would rather the club went under than give in to protestors.

The club means nothing to her. Town & community even less.

Your suggestion then is to.......

It will do no good at all. Kean is so used to it now, that he will just stand there and take it. He has done that for the past few matches. The more hostile it has been, the more support kean has received from media, other managers.

So we accept it and take up the s@@@@@r then?

Aren't we beyond the point of no return though, PAFELL? If we are relegated anyway, and the fans will be blamed regardless (and Kean will be lauded regardless) do we really care at this point?

It's this exact position which caused me to start the media thread.

We've nothing left to lose so why stop now?

This said, I think from here on in, the crowd reaction will be down to what happens on the field. If we go behind, Kean will get it in the ear. If we don't get the result we expect (based on the opposition), he will be booed. If we win or get a good draw, people will stay quiet (on the whole).

I agree, a boycott is the only way way get these muppets to see sense.

A game played in a virtually empty stadium would send shock waves all the way to India.

Without the fans there isn't a football club. the fans are the club, therefore without the fans their investment wothless. Sooner or later the penny must drop, surely?

I've thought about not going. I almost didn't buy a season ticket in the first place this season, then when it came out that Kean had definitely been given a new contract I thought again, but this is still Rovers. Not the rovers we know. Not the rovers many of you have given far more years to supporting than I have, but still a team playing at Ewood in blue and white, and therefore still my club. The owners may not care, there may be dodgy things going on - although that's all speculation - the manager may be rubbish, but it's still just about recognisable as my team and i will not be driven out by that pathetic excuse that is Kean. A boycott won't work, any more than anything else has worked so far because that woman in Pune isn't listening and won't listen, so I might as well get what i can out of being at ewood this season at least. If reports are true there could be nothing there to watch in future.

A game played in a virtually empty stadium would send shock waves all the way to India.

The only problem is it won't happen.

The abstract concept of a football club has got fans by the knackers.

Without the fans there isn't a football club. the fans are the club, therefore without the fans their investment wothless. Sooner or later the penny must drop, surely?

There investment is worthless without Premiership income - and yet they continue to gamble on Kean. Not sure that losing a few thousand off the gate would impact their thinking if the huge loss in revenue that Kean is about to create by getting us relegated doesn't.

we are the rovers, we are the rovers, no one likes us and only we care.

i think instead of directing chants at kean/venkys we should just say (Please don't use that word again)em, all chants should be positive and aimed towards us fans(barmy army ect..) and the players, kean the venkys and all the other cretins behind the scenes at ewood know how we feel about them so lets not waste anymore energy on them.

We refuse to be driven out of Ewood .- even just for one game. 90 minutes of Venkys Out is more effective anyway.

F venkys F kean, lets just get behind the players before they all decide they want out

If everybody held up banners and waved KFC flags, now that would sting venkys

dont they supply kfc chickens in some countries, its these childish ideas that just make us look like our dingle cousins.

Could we not do a large banner, with something like

" venkys- kean goes or thousands of us will - BRFC 1875- 2011

It would grab headlines as an "ultimatum" and will help to get he message across they risk losing thousands of loyal fans.

I don't think there is any dirt on the Venky's or it would have been in the public domain by now. It's simple really Venky's were sold an idea, it's not worked and they've taken advice off cretins who were only interested in lining their own pockets. It looks like they are not prepared to invest any money into the club and the club is now going to be left to fund itself probably through player sales. The scary thought is what happens when the multi-million pound rated player conveyor belt stops - where does our money come from then?

We are absolutely powerless!! Never known a situation or club like it. We are trying to save our club from dying and the national media slate us, whilst our owners try to show who is boss!! Shame on them when we do actually end up the first team in the Championship to go bust!!

Can't be bothered with the kean out chants anymore so i will be venting all my anger at venky's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's easy saying boycott but i would personally find it hard not to go. However any protest needs to be organised via the LT so that most rovers fans know about it. I think going to the ground staying outside and signing for the team whilst the game is on would be effective.

You would get MASS media exposure.

We are absolutely powerless!! Never known a situation or club like it. We are trying to save our club from dying and the national media slate us, whilst our owners try to show who is boss!! Shame on them when we do actually end up the first team in the Championship to go bust!!

Can't be bothered with the kean out chants anymore so i will be venting all my anger at venky's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The national media do not know enough about the situation. They also have not searched.. If they did, then the reporting would change.

Archived