BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] You Must Boycott

riggers77

I will privvy this topic by saying that if Kean is sacked then please delete the whole thing.

Considering it looks like Kean is not going to be sacked then it is quite clear the protests will not now or ever work.

This means that each and everyone out there must make the personal decision not to go to Ewood Park anymore.

The silence of an empty Ewood will be deafening and will force the hand of so many footballing bodies that there will be no other choice for the owners.

Myself, my dad, my 3 friends are no longer going. (all have season tickets) That is five people. We just need 15k more.

I dont want anyone coming back at me with the usual rhetoric of the 'i cant not go' 'i just go to watch a game of football' 'boycotts wont work' ' they will just make us look fickle' because its all bullsh!t.

We would have been rid of this disease long ago if more of you would have grown some balls and just boycotted.

Now the club is spiralling out of control and everybody is whinging, well bloody well do something about it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not about 'having a pair' most people realise (you obviously don't) that Mrs D is the decision maker and she does not care what we the fans think. An empty stadium will have no impact, the threat of relegation costing at least 30 million has not made her change her mind so you think an empty stadium will?

Most of the time it's people telling us to boycott when their idea of a matchday is talking on here.

I appreciate you aren't one of those fans, but I can speak for myself in saying I will not boycott based on what people tell me.

why?

what would make you boycott?

It's not about 'having a pair' most people realise (you obviously don't) that Mrs D is the decision maker and she does not care what we the fans think. An empty stadium will have no impact, the threat of relegation costing at least 30 million has not made her change her mind so you think an empty stadium will?

Thats absoulute tosh im afraid. An empty stadium would make all the difference. It would set in motion a load of cogs, the first being player dissent.

Mrs D has certainly got the biggest pair at the moment, playing a game of 'chicken' with a load of fans addicted to going to watch their team.

The silence of an empty Ewood will be deafening and will force the hand of so many footballing bodies that there will be no other choice for the owners.

Nonsense. Why should the football authorities act ? They will simply shrug their shoulders and see it as a club in decline.

The protests will work but but they need to be ramped up to include mass pitch protests. Show the football world (and Venky's) via global TV that Rovers fans demand change.

Any boycott is pointless in my view.

Boycott really won't work. Why would she care if people don't turn up? They've got all the money I paid for my two season tickets. By not going I'm only affecting myself and no one else.

Unless you can prove that a mass boycott will work. Then myself and many others simply will not be interested.

Nonsense. Why should the football authorities act ? They will simply shrug their shoulders and see it as a club in decline.

The protests will work but but they need to be ramped up to include mass pitch protests. Show the football world (and Venky's) via global TV that Rovers fans demand change.

I agree, boycotting will have no impact at all due the small numbers that would be involved and Blackburn fans don't have the balls to invade the pitch, simple as that.

So its business as usual :(

Afraid it looks like whatever fans do, it has no impact on Venky's decision making process, for whatever reason Mrs D continues to back Kean, no other manager would've survived after what happened against Bolton on and off the field. A boycott will make fans boycotting feel better bu will not have any impact on Venky's. This is truly a unique situation.

Rovers fans can't/won't do anything en masse - not even stand up, to show disapproval.

The nearest we have got is mass chanting and even that wasn't everyone.

The silence idea is the closest I think we could get to a unified protest. No songs, no chants, nothing.

Trouble is most people will be thinking he won't be removed no matter what so will just go, watch the football and go home. Crowds will gradually dwindle.

I can say 100% that if I didn't have a season ticket, I would not be going as I don't want to give Venkys any more of my hard earned cash for it to be squandered on paying Kean's wages. I'm very doubtful about next season if Kean is not replaced by a competent manager.

Because I paid for my season ticket long ago.

Your routine also doesn't have watching Rovers embedded into it every other week.

May aswell watch MY team whilst I can, knowing I won't gain anything by staying at home.

I paid for mine long ago and it has been part of my routine for 18 years, that is no excuse.

If not one rovers fan went then kean would be sacked and or venkys would sell. I don't understand how and why some learned people don't get that. I'm not just talking one game either, I am talking till he is gone.

Probably right Riggers. The only issue here are the Blackburn Rovers fans, put simply, they are to soft/blinkered to do anything. I'm a fan and have been for a long time, I'm also a season ticket holder and have been one of those for a long time too. I didn't go against Swansea, I didn't go against Bolton and I won't go to the stoke game. Unfortunately there are those who see everything with their blinkered view and just toddle down to Ewood regardless. Just imagine the press interest in a completely empty stadium on match days. This would have knock on effects, for example, on the players who I am sure would dissent.

whilst i see a boycott as the next step for protest it will not work for those ST holders who have already paid in full for season tickets.. the true boycott will come in the summer when season ticket renewal comes up and thousands don't renew. Venkys will truly know then that fans are not on thier side.. if they don't already

Afraid it looks like whatever fans do, it has no impact on Venky's decision making process, for whatever reason Mrs D continues to back Kean, no other manager would've survived after what happened against Bolton on and off the field. A boycott will make fans boycotting feel better bu will not have any impact on Venky's. This is truly a unique situation.

unfortunately, think ur right. Really thought he'd go after bolton game. What happened to the Qatari group, kamy? any other potential buyers. That would solve the problem.

Every single protest, in whatever form is utterly futile. A complete waste of time. Mrs D will not let herself be dictated too.

I believe protests will have the effect of making Mrs D, dig her heals in even more.

One women is taking on all and winning. Sadly she cannot convince her brothers to sell.

These threads keep appearing, not sure some folk understand that football fans are not all the same.

A boycott will never work, because some fans will never, ever stop going to Ewood Park.

Let's say half of our season ticket holders boycotted Stoke (never going to happen) there would still be around 12000 there- 'typical Blackburn, full of empty seats, a club like Leeds should be in tthe PL, not the likes of them and Wigan'.

People will be voting with their feet from now on until we reach the bottom of the Championship in any case.

my brother-in-law told me last week about what some lazio/some italian team's fan's did at a game as a form of protest, when their team scored, no one cheered, so there was complete scilence then at a certain point in the game all the fans left the stadium one bye one so there were no home fans left to watch, i dont see rovers fans ever doing something like that as we are not passionate enough but we need something similar to make a statement of intent.

What gets me about these threads (apart from being told you are not a real fan or a sheep if you don't sheepishly agree with the OP) is that you often get some real heartfelt responses from people who feel completely crushed by what's going on yet see the world differently or have other priorities, or even - perish the though - more important/worrying things going on in their lives. Some of these people see going to Rovers as a bit of a release from weekly tensions or troubles and don't buy into, or even read the (supposed) goings-on that we are "privy too" (assuming there is any truth in any of the conflicting stories/rumours.

After baring their soul, the are then put down by a lazy one line post that says they aren't a real fan or are fools.

Sad really.

Archived