BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best team good enough?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At a club board meeting yesterday, the following were discussed as transfer possibilities:

Andy Johnson

Wayne Bridge

Danny Guthrie

Jimmy Kebe

Bradley Ore

DJ Campbell.

You mean Bradley Orr ? That's an inspiring list. Guthrie's OK but not really what we want. Wayne Bridge , It's a toss up who's worse at left back him or Pedersen. Johnson, can't play up front on his own anymore and our crap midfield means we have to play 4-5-1, can't work that one out. Orr as I recall wasn't good enough for a poor Burnley team. DJ Campbell not really much better than what we've already got, certainly not better than Yakubu. The other guy, don't know much about him. Personally I'd pass on all those.

Well I'm just waiting for the official press release from Pune telling us that Messi and Ronaldo will be joining Ronaldinho and Beckham at Ewood for the grand heroic and victorious assault on the football championship of the universe - and Mrs Desai will be pulling on a jersey herself and having a crack at left back. P.S. Buy more chicken.

At a club board meeting yesterday, the following were discussed as transfer possibilities:

Andy Johnson

Wayne Bridge

Danny Guthrie

Jimmy Kebe

Bradley Ore

DJ Campbell.

The only one who is vaguely interesting to me is Bradley Orr.

What is happening to Granero? If Formica goes (and even if he doesn't) Granero would give the squad a bit of a boost.

The team WAS organised against Stoke........ so what happened there then ?

I tend to disagree. It wasn't organized too well.. on the attack we didn't know how to break down stoke, we don't know how to pinpoint teams weaknesses.

It's a shame cause we have a decent squad and a good group of younger player that with proper management would do a good job in the premiership

I tend to disagree. It wasn't organized too well.. on the attack we didn't know how to break down stoke, we don't know how to pinpoint teams weaknesses.

It's a shame cause we have a decent squad and a good group of younger player that with proper management would do a good job in the premiership

I don't agree, we're crap. The sooner you face facts the happier you'll be.

Best team now : Robinson, Lowe, Samba, Dann, Givet, Olsson, N'Zonzi, Dunn, Rochina, Hoilett, Yakubu. Just about good enough to stay up assuming all are fit and firing on all cylinders but not with the current manager.

Take Samba and Hoilett out (and maybe more) and replace by the players SK has signed, or will sign this month, and we have no chnace.

We are very close to a good team. Four players and a new manager and we can avoid relegation.

Close but no cigar then.

We're doomed. Kean is going nowhere. Even then who would work for the Venkys? No chairman, no CEO, just reporting into "someone" in Pune. What's the point? Rudderless, clueless, faceless. No real interest.

Best team?

Bunn

Salgado, Samba, Givet, Olsson

NZonzi

Formica, Dunn, Pedersen, Hoillett

Yak

Even then. Salgado has been told to go, Roberts the same. Roberts and the Yak I would like to see, a handful for any defence. Fatwillie is just that, Rochina is too flicky, Hoillett will be sold but is "desperate" to sign apparently. Our Directors are talking daily to his people I remember the gaffer saying. Robbo is injured apparently. Andrews will be sold but is still twice the player that Petrovic is (incredibly).

The clown has bought nowt but rubbish. But at least Rochina is worth £5m according to Jerome Anderson on Talksport I seem to recall, whilst justifying the £1m Agents fees on a £500k signing.

ROBINSON

HENLEY - SAMBA - GIVET - OLSSON

NZONZI - LOWE

VUKCEVIC - HOILETT - ROCHINA

YAKUBU

Remarkable how Pedersen has made so many people's line ups.

I was about to say name your best XI then TM, but thought I'd check back. It's good. However there's still no cover for the full backs. We keep conceding goals, always. Still, why not? Not a bad shout at all your line up.

Oh for Emerton, would do a good defensive job anywhere on the right or in the middle for that matter. Another bizarre decision made by the idiots who are currently "looking after" BRFC.

Personally , I do not think any permutation of the players on the books will save us from relegation ...We have bought very badly in the last 2 windows (except J Jones and the Yak) the rest are championship players at best .

It is looking like either Hoillet or Samba will be sold , both players have nothing to do with the present regime .All the better players , were signed by previous managers .. That is proved because he doesn't pick his own signings unless he has no choice !

Personally , I do not think any permutation of the players on the books will save us from relegation ...We have bought very badly in the last 2 windows (except J Jones and the Yak) the rest are championship players at best .

It is looking like either Hoillet or Samba will be sold , both players have nothing to do with the present regime .All the better players , were signed by previous managers .. That is proved because he doesn't pick his own signings unless he has no choice !

That's my thinking also, we're just not good enough at every level of the club unfortunately.

Archived