BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Premier League Bosman list

Savory

Deadwood? Danny Murphy is better than any midfielder on our books, Habib Beye is a left back by trade (we don't appear to have one of those at all) .and in lots of like for like comparisons players on the list would be better than the option being routinely being put on the team sheet each week and disgracing the shirt.

...agree the list isn't full of exciting names, or names we would aspire to , but in our position, what other type of player would risk signing for a club in our position (and one clearly owned, managed and advised by lunatics ). What would be mildly interesting would be to filter the list to leave only SEM / Kentaro clients, and then see which of those we actually do end up signing.

Theres only Maloouda and Kalou of Chelsea you'd take on. The rest well deadwood.

The sad reality is that neither of those would take us and neither would want to play in the Championship.

Lets have another look at that deadwood :rolleyes:

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Could make a very strong team from this list. This would be my quick attempt;

Tim Howard

Nicky Shorey

Ledley King

Sylvain Distin

Jose Boswinga

Martin petrov

Thomas Rosicky

Danny Murphy

Florent Malouda

Didier Drogba

Louis Saha

Bench;

Heurelio Gomes

Jonathan Woodgate

Andrei Arshavin

Solomon Kalou

Hugo rodallega

Junior Hoillett

Joe Mattock

We should be trying to sign either Saha or Rodallega - both score goals, and both would add something.

Also Diame from Wigan would be decent too & perhaps Darren Gibson from United if the price is right.

Interesting that Bolton have a massive list out of contract, would Ivan Klasnic be worth a shout?

We should be trying to sign either Saha or Rodallega - both score goals, and both would add something.

Have you seen Saha recently? At 33 he is well past it, injuries have caught up with him.

I think he's overrated anyway. He's only gone into double figures once in the last nine seasons for league goals. By comparison, Yakubu has achieved this seven times in the same period (albeit last season in the Championship).

There are a hell of a lot of players on that list far better than what we have in our first 11.

Dont think so as many of the good ones seem to be too old.

Some of the keepers are Ok, but we have a couple of decent ones ourselves currently.

The sad reality is that neither of those would take us and neither would want to play in the Championship.

Lets have another look at that deadwood :rolleyes:

Six month contracts for these two lads who could make an instant impact on our team and raise everybodys spirits.

Theres only Maloouda and Kalou of Chelsea you'd take on. The rest well deadwood.

I sometimes wonder if you actually know anything at all about football. You certainly seem to hardly rate any players in existence.

I sometimes wonder if you actually know anything at all about football. You certainly seem to hardly rate any players in existence.

Just the winners ........skip the also rans, isnt that what its about.

Have you seen Saha recently? At 33 he is well past it, injuries have caught up with him.

I think he's overrated anyway. He's only gone into double figures once in the last nine seasons for league goals. By comparison, Yakubu has achieved this seven times in the same period (albeit last season in the Championship).

His record has been affected by his injuries - stays fit and he will score goals. He also has alot more mobility than Yak.

07/08 - 6 starts, 5 goals

08/09 - 10 starts, 6 goals

09/10 - 26 starts, 13 goals

Now fair enough this season he only has 2 goals, but Everton have been poor going forward and are seriously missing Arteta's creativity. Im sure if you got him fit, and kept him fit he would soon be back in the goals.

His record has been affected by his injuries - stays fit and he will score goals. He also has alot more mobility than Yak.

07/08 - 6 starts, 5 goals

08/09 - 10 starts, 6 goals

09/10 - 26 starts, 13 goals

Now fair enough this season he only has 2 goals, but Everton have been poor going forward and are seriously missing Arteta's creativity.

You missed 2010/11.

I like how you think he struggles because of Everton's lack of creativity, but would blossom with ours...

He was a good player a few years ago, but not any more.

Seeing as though we are looking at bargain basement players , how about Danny Guthrie and/or Sean Davis ? would they improve our midfield?

some of the Wigan players look a bit tasty too!

But we are talking about players who would improve Blackburn Rovers...not players who would improve a top six side.

Where do you want us to be ? right now to get out of this mess, we need to be a top six side from now until then end of the season if we are to stand any chance of surviving.

Where do you want us to be ? right now to get out of this mess, we need to be a top six side from now until then end of the season if we are to stand any chance of surviving.

No, we don't. We need to be 4 points better than the teams from 17th to 20th. Do you seriously think they're all going to embark on top six form? They're not.

What we need to be during this window is realistic. I don't mean buy journeymen who won't improve us, but I also mean our targets need to be attainable for a club with a highly damaged reputation right now.

No, we don't. We need to be 4 points better than the teams from 17th to 20th. Do you seriously think they're all going to embark on top six form? They're not.

What we need to be during this window is realistic. I don't mean buy journeymen who won't improve us, but I also mean our targets need to be attainable for a club with a highly damaged reputation right now.

Fair enough, but all the indications are that come February we will be a poorer side then, than we are now. :angry:

Archived