BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Censorship Clamp

mhead

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the "Hot Topic" section vanished now or am I just blind?

Out of interest, I've heard many rumours to do with Venky's, JA etc, but are any of them actually true? And by true I mean backed up with proof, because I've only actually heard rumours and circumstantial evidence. Any possibility he isn't the bad guy in this?

We've given up on the hot topic and moved it back in here.

I think this is a complete and utter Joke, All I can say on the matter is, I aint been threatened with anything, would love him to try :rolleyes:, And I have publically issued many statements, in nearly every media outlet out there

I will check door mat tomoz

Glen, all Anderson has done is bring the fans together.

See you at the protest.

As I said in the other thread, for what ever reason I don't think JA doesn't want to be associated with trouble at a football club - either financial or with the fans. It's not good for any future clubs he gets involved with.

The banners and calls aimed at him could possibly have caused an embarrassment to him as people could have been asking "who is Jerome Anderson and why are the Blackburn fans mentioning him"? The problem is that he has always been an extra to Venkys and Kean but I can now see his inflammatory comments leading to more banners and more vocal protests against him. If his plan was to stop the mud sticking it may have backfired.

From what I have heard today, JA had better be extremely careful, there are a couple of very wealthy people incensed by his comments on SSN and have decided to throw down the gauntlet!!

Dont want him battoning down the hatches, so no more, dont even ask!!

Whilst it's an unmitigated PR disaster for the club, my understanding is that JA is actually playing a pretty straight bat (in regards to the legal threats I mean) and is going after people who have libelled him or has harassed him or his family, which it's his legal right to do (and to be fair, many of you would do the same in the same situation).

That said, if I was Paul Agnew I'd be livid at JA. The club has never had such a poor relationship with the fans (well, possibly the 60s), we've never been so derided by the national press, the local press has turned against the manager .... and then JA stirs everything up by a pointless SSN interview (what did he hope to achieve, other than upset the fans, nobody else cares about what's happening in Rovers) and then tops in all by (presumably) instructing lawyer to move against the LT, which was always going to come out and put JA (and by inference, the club) in an ever darker light.

I've been critical in the past of how the club have handled the protests and the supporters as a whole, but frankly when they've got those on their own side seemingly making things much worse, I guess I should cut them some slack.

On scenario I've just considered. Could JA being doing this to protect his client rather than himself?

Could this actually be a calculated move by JA to deflect some of the protest anger (which is already at epic proportions and growing) from Kean (onto himself)? I keep asking myself WHY we he do the interview, what did he expect to gain from it and this is one of the few possibilities that makes sense to me.

On scenario I've just considered. Could JA being doing this to protect his client rather than himself?

Could this actually be a calculated move by JA to deflect some of the protest anger (which is already at epic proportions and growing) from Kean (onto himself)? I keep asking myself WHY we he do the interview, what did he expect to gain from it and this is one of the few possibilities that makes sense to me.

Whereas I see an alledged transfer budget of £30m at QPR and a agent wanting to clear his name...

Here's an alternative explanation:

JA is used to getting his own way because JA is used to being the head honcho. He is used to wielding power without opposition. He is used to people telling him that he is a persuasive negotiator, an eloquent speaker, an intelligent commentator, and has a nose for what is the right course of action etc etc. His clients (mainly young, uneducated, unworldly lads) see him as a father figure who would stick up for them in a battle. JA decides to show everyone in the football world that the mighty JA can sort out these troublesome fans who are berating his client(s) and criticising his achievements - an emotional pitch will do the trick, play the upset father card.

One wise head has said that JA is a football ignoramus - "he couldn't pick his own nose". JA goes on Sky and proves to everyone that the wise man is correct. Pride comes before a fall.... JA has made a fool of himself in front of the whole Sky Sports world, so he has retreated hurt and got his lawyers to fight his battles. His clients must be wondering why they pay him. Sky Sports News is a very tall tree from which you can reach a big audience, but when you climb a high tree you risk showing your arse to everyone.

It was a massive PR own goal by JA caused by a belief that he can fool all of the people all of the time. Max Clifford must be pissing himself at the sheer ineptitude of the sorry affair.

Whilst it's an unmitigated PR disaster for the club, my understanding is that JA is actually playing a pretty straight bat (in regards to the legal threats I mean) and is going after people who have libelled himor has harassed him or his family , which it's his legal right to do (and to be fair, many of you would do the same in the same situation).

That said, if I was Paul Agnew I'd be livid at JA. The club has never had such a poor relationship with the fans (well, possibly the 60s), we've never been so derided by the national press, the local press has turned against the manager .... and then JA stirs everything up by a pointless SSN interview (what did he hope to achieve, other than upset the fans, nobody else cares about what's happening in Rovers) and then tops in all by (presumably) instructing lawyer to move against the LT, which was always going to come out and put JA (and by inference, the club) in an ever darker light.

I've been critical in the past of how the club have handled the protests and the supporters as a whole, but frankly when they've got those on their own side seemingly making things much worse, I guess I should cut them some slack.

Is there any evidence that he and his family have been harassed. We are all being advised to stick to facts, but can he prove this is happening. Someone needs to challenge such statements. No danger of anyone at SKY doing that

I speak as one who has supported the protests since last Easter when I stood outside the Blackburn End after the Man City game (without climbing over Jack's statue!). However, I can understand the point of view of those that believe that protests during a game do not help the team.

Of course, there can be no doubt that Anderson had the most noble intentions. However, it can be imagined how some other less scrupulous agent might think that it was in his client's best interests for the protests to increase in fury so that the protesters could then be blamed for the poor results instead of his client's ineptitude as a manager. In such a scenario, such an interview could be seen as the act of an agent provocateur looking to fit up the fans as scapegoats.

I should add that moving the comments / allegation elsewhere - free web forums / facebook / twitter that the posters themselves are responsible for the content that is posted. We only saw earlier this week somebody arrested for comments on twitter towards Collymore. You are not as anonymous on the internet as you may think

So much for England being the motherland of freedom, including the right to free speech. Why do you folks tolerate it? Starting squeezing political candidates on the issue.

Its important that people remember that they should only post what they can back up with fact, otherwise he clearly can use that to state his professional reputation has been adversely affected.

Generally speaking, if he's an honest, competent professional, he'd want the entirety of the facts to come out. And engaging in conversation, being open to discourse, correcting the record and allowing your position to be tested, is the best way of putting in an end to incorrect, BS statements dressed up as facts.

Rather than do that, he's lawyered up. To me, that speaks volumes. And whether its justified or not, he's again lent credence to every conspiracy theorist out there.

For example Venky's and the Raos are regularly referred to as liars and scum on here. TBH if I was publicly accused of lieing and I would want the individual to back it up with facts. It's quite true much of what Venkys promised and said has not happened but this doesn't make them liars. To lie you have to deliberately say something you know to be untrue and I think it would be difficult to prove this is the case with Venkys.

Equally if I was referred to as scum I'd be grossly insulted and would not just shrug it off. The extent to which people are able to make such remarks surprises me.

So the words "scum" and "liar" cannot be used to describe certain people for fear of being sued.

Would me stating that I have a VERY low opinion of Venkys, the Raos, JA, Steve Kean, Paul Agnew and SEM/Kentaro be actionable, if that statement accurately reflects my opinion?

And what is the term used for a person who makes commitments, both written and verbal, but then later fails to honor those commitments?

A political manifesto author?

A fool?

A cheat?

A liar?

But as I understand some of these posts, we can't call them liars. So I assume cheat is out the window also. I think author of political manifestos doesn't do the trick (but based on some of the claims the Raos have made, perhaps they should consider a career in politics). And I'm not sure fool is applicable, as one can be an honest fool.

So assuming that:

Venkys/Raos have made verbal and written statements which concern their conduct in relation to the club, staff and fans; and,

Venkys/Raos have failed to live up to one or more of these statements; then

What is a permissible word to call Venkys/Raos?

I for one welcome our b^$%&&d... sorry sneezed there... overlords and welcome them with open arms to the club. I shall not question the dear leader and all her esteemed partners. All is good at the club and I was wrong in ever doubting the dearest advisor Mr Anderson. Please don't put me in a concentration camp.

Archived