BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Censorship Clamp

mhead

What censorship clamp?

Comments on Blackburn Rovers stories following the Jerome Anderson interview with Sky Sports have been frozen on this website after the Lancashire Telegraph received a letter from Mr Anderson’s solicitors. However, later tomorrow (Friday) we are setting up a new facility for readers to post their comments on Blackburn Rovers at an alternative email address. The LT will continue to allow fair and even robust comments on this subject acknowledging the depth of feeling of supporters and their right to express their opinions as long as these comments are lawful and obey our house rules. But we refuse to accept defamatory and unproven accusations of criminal or other wrongful activity which break the rules governing the comments facility.

So Anderson Has a few quid for legal action. Wonder where that came from?

There are dark forces at work at Blackburn. Wonder who they are?

Steve Kean is doing a great job. Wonder who fed him that line?

The protestors are very organised. Wonder why that is?

The protestors are not true fans. Wonder why they bother?

When all this ends. Wonder where Venkys,Anderson & Kean will be?

Its a wonder-full time to be a Rovers fan.

Thank you Venkys for your stewardship.

Thank you Kean for our league position.

Thank you Anderson for all your wise words. You have united our fans.

The fight for our club will continue until the 3 squatters have left Ewood.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will have our chance to laugh at certain people soon. To the people I PM its going to be a pleasure sending that document to the relevant people just waiting legal clearance of the documents authenticity.

To others I cant say what it is who its aimed at but its definitely worth it.

lol thats pretty good.

Look I dont know you from the sheit on a shoe but I am sure we support the same club and want certain people to have a hard time, well through my job I am trying to make that happen.

Apologies for offending you.

Tensions are running high.

Perhaps you should save your "news" for when it's verified.As it is your post is pointless and nothing more than sheit on your shoe.

Meanwhile I'll continue waiting for the major news that Mercerman forecast was breaking on the 12th January.

People we have to realise coming out with statements without having facts to back those claims up yes JA's statement yesterday was not what people wanted to hear but coming out with accusations without having facts to back-up those comments could very likely end up in the hands of lawyers and then it gets messy but also Jerome was in the wrong to say him his family & his son were abused is very wrong on his part as there is no evidence his son has been harshly treated so fromt that angle unless he has proof he and his family have been abused he shouldn't be saying this but at the same time unless proof exists that he has acted improperly in our transfer dealings then making allegations without proof can be very damaging the only accusation that can be levelled at any of them is Venkys for not delivering on thier promises esp to come to Blackburn to state their true intentions for the club and transfer funds & promising mega stars will arrive without making it happen apart from that the allegations about the Rochina & Formica fees, the allegations about Sam being stabbed in the back unless their is solid gold evidence to back up these claims there is no way they should be mentioned and are very libelous same as the accusations about abuse to his family unless there is solid gold proof there is no way he should be making those statements.

Tensions are running high.

Perhaps you should save your "news" for when it's verified.As it is your post is pointless and nothing more than sheit on your shoe.

Meanwhile I'll continue waiting for the major news that Mercerman forecast was breaking on the 12th January.

Ok. Leave you to tense it out.Couldnt care for a petty tete a tete to be frank.

• Moderation Lead

People we have to realise coming out with statements without having facts to back those claims up yes JA's statement yesterday was not what people wanted to hear but coming out with accusations without having facts to back-up those comments could very likely end up in the hands of lawyers and then it gets messy but also Jerome was in the wrong to say him his family & his son were abused is very wrong on his part as there is no evidence his son has been harshly treated so fromt that angle unless he has proof he and his family have been abused he shouldn't be saying this but at the same time unless proof exists that he has acted improperly in our transfer dealings then making allegations without proof can be very damaging the only accusation that can be levelled at any of them is Venkys for not delivering on thier promises esp to come to Blackburn to state their true intentions for the club and transfer funds & promising mega stars will arrive without making it happen apart from that the allegations about the Rochina & Formica fees, the allegations about Sam being stabbed in the back unless their is solid gold evidence to back up these claims there is no way they should be mentioned and are very libelous same as the accusations about abuse to his family unless there is solid gold proof there is no way he should be making those statements.

PUNCTUATION :!: :!: :!:

Completely illegible otherwise.....

Abbey Agree with everything you wrote on your blog shame it's been deemed as unsafe and remove. You are allowed freedom of expression.

wow it has been removed ....wow !!!!

LIKE I SAID HOW MANY MILLIONS LOST THIER LIVES FOR FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!!!!!!!

IF THATS WHAT ITS BECOME THEN I GIVE UP ,ITS PATHETIC !!!!!!

There are too many people and organisations with their snouts in the Premier League trough making too much money to be worried about a small town club in Lancashire and their fans.

They only present or are interested in stories that help to promote or defend the brand.

He was asked about if he had anything to do with the sacking of Sam he replied that he hadn't been involved in the sacking, the next question then should of been, did you have any involvement in Steve Kean being promoted from coach to manager?

He didn't answer the Kean question at all - his reply was Kean was already at the club and hired by Sam.

Looked very edgy....

The Pune 9 link doesn't seem to work anymore.

I was enjoying Tashors in uncensored comments.

That's an unrelated issue. There is some fault with the wordpress which is what caused the site to fall over yesterday. If you try clicking on any link on the menu that isn't the messageboard (such as history for example), then it has temporarily been set to redirect straight back to the mb whilst it is being fixed. :)

That's an unrelated issue. There is some fault with the wordpress which is what caused the site to fall over yesterday. If you try clicking on any link on the menu that isn't the messageboard (such as history for example), then it has temporarily been set to redirect straight back to the mb whilst it is being fixed. :)

That's a boring story :)

Surely it's the far reaching tentacles of ...

No. You can only libel an individual.

English law allows actions for libel to be brought in the High Court for any published statements which are alleged to defame a named or identifiable individual (or individuals) in a manner which causes them loss in their trade or profession, or causes a reasonable person to think worse of him, her or them. Allowable defences are justification (i.e. the truth of the statement), fair comment (i.e. whether the statement was a view that a reasonable person could have held), and privilege (i.e. whether the statements were made in Parliament or in court, or whether they were fair reports of allegations in the public interest). An offer of amends is a barrier to litigation. A defamatory statement is presumed to be false, unless the defendant can prove its truth. Furthermore, to collect compensatory damages, a public official or public figure must prove actual malice (knowing falsity or reckless disregard for the truth). A private individual must only prove negligence (not exercising due care) to collect compensatory damages. In order to collect punitive damages, all individuals must prove actual malice.

Has the "Hot Topic" section vanished now or am I just blind?

Out of interest, I've heard many rumours to do with Venky's, JA etc, but are any of them actually true? And by true I mean backed up with proof, because I've only actually heard rumours and circumstantial evidence. Any possibility he isn't the bad guy in this?

Archived