BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vote with your feet

mark

Normally folk vote with their feet by not going to games but we could do the opposite by marketing the FA Youth Cup tie against Burnley as a show of support for Rovers and against Venky's. No banners, no chants, just 110% support for the lads.

Maybe a press release with our intentions and aim for a higher attendance than our last prem home game. That'd be a powerful message sent in a very "positive" way..

Normally folk vote with their feet by not going to games but we could do the opposite by marketing the FA Youth Cup tie against Burnley as a show of support for Rovers and against Venky's. No banners, no chants, just 110% support for the lads.

Maybe a press release with our intentions and aim for a higher attendance than our last prem home game. That'd be a powerful message sent in a very "positive" way..

The message also needs to be put accross to keep coco away from this cause its naff all to do with him. You can just see him though trying to get some credit for it in the eyes of the owners through the press etc. We need a break from him and just let the fans support a team in blue and white as you rightly say.

To my mind, i'd say that any form of 'stay away' protest is inherently wrong and also unrealistic. I absolutely believe that Venky's are the real villains of the peace. But any form of stay away protest will only hurt the playing staff. I have always thought the best way for Rovers fans to show their displeasure to the owners is a boycott of the current shirt. If we release a new shirt next season i would urge every fan not to buy it. Instead buy any one of our previous replicas from any era. There are companies which sell them on the net i think. Venky's would get the message loud and clear if shirt sales were next to nothing.

I doubt keano will be there, hes only been to 1 or 2 reserve fixture all season and when he goes its only to have a drink with a fellow member of the glasgow mafia, mcliesh or coyle etc.

Anyway hope to see as many people as possible down there! These lads are one of the few things to be proud of at the moment! Lets get behind them and see them beat the dingles!

Not very fair on the youngsters. They have worked hard to get through to this semi and deserve the support for that fact not because of some anti-protest or whatever you want to call it.

Eh? 20,000+ Rovers fans with "No banners, no chants, just 110% support for the lads" is unfair on them?

I think they'd be buzzin with that level of support mum.

Not very fair on the youngsters. They have worked hard to get through to this semi and deserve the support for that fact not because of some anti-protest or whatever you want to call it.

I very much doubt that. They would be buzzing....

To my mind, i'd say that any form of 'stay away' protest is inherently wrong and also unrealistic. I absolutely believe that Venky's are the real villains of the peace. But any form of stay away protest will only hurt the playing staff. I have always thought the best way for Rovers fans to show their displeasure to the owners is a boycott of the current shirt. If we release a new shirt next season i would urge every fan not to buy it. Instead buy any one of our previous replicas from any era. There are companies which sell them on the net i think. Venky's would get the message loud and clear if shirt sales were next to nothing.

Did you read the OP, PV?

I doubt keano will be there, hes only been to 1 or 2 reserve fixture all season and when he goes its only to have a drink with a fellow member of the glasgow mafia, mcliesh or coyle etc.

Anyway hope to see as many people as possible down there! These lads are one of the few things to be proud of at the moment! Lets get behind them and see them beat the dingles!

He's been at last two.

Spot on - this draw is all about the youngsters and we should support them 100% and show how much we appreciate thier success, this has nothing to do with Venkys or Kean.

Well it does, as they own the club.

I think the young lads would be absolutely delighted to see 20k there, an anti Venky press release brought out pre game or not.

C'mon Matty everyone knows you can't be visibly and vocally anti-Venkys and support Rovers. They are mutually exclusive. :rolleyes:

Maybe the key is for Supporters who are currently staying away from Ewood(including Season Ticket Holders) to come specially to this match.

Maybe BRAG could find out how much of the Ground will be open for the 1st leg. They could all meet in one section.

Like 1st team, we just want the Rovers to win.

As someone else would say "33rd and counting!"

Maybe the key is for Supporters who are currently staying away from Ewood(including Season Ticket Holders) to come specially to this match.

Nail on the head, the idea is that all the fans that are currently staying away get their blue & white arse down to Ewood. Maybe my first post wasn't very clear...

Let's just get some perspective here.

This is a big match for the youth team against our arch rivals - whatever Vinjay might think - and we should all get to Ewood for one reason and one reason only - to help the lads beat Bumley.

Forget protesting for this one. Forget banners, forget Venkys Out chants. Let's just get down there and as fans rekindle the Ewood Park spirit. A heaving Ewood in full voice, against a heaving Darwen end in full voice will have people scratching their heads, thinking why isn't it like this every week?

That alone will be enough of a thumbing of the nose at Kean and Venkys - without repeating what they already know.

Many of the lads playing could be the future of our club - especially if we are relegated. Let's show them what Blackburn Rovers means to us.

Demonstrating at the ground with no TV cameras, no Venkys and no Kean in the dugout makes absolutely no sense. Knowing Glen as a very reasonable, considered guy, as well as a proud Rovers supporter, I expect he will feel exactly the same. So let's not engineer this thread as another stick to beat BRAG with before they've even done anything!

Eh? 20,000+ Rovers fans with "No banners, no chants, just 110% support for the lads" is unfair on them?

I think they'd be buzzin with that level of support mum.

Yes, but I assume you would want to make it very public what you are doing - just using them to make a point. The lads are not stupid - if you are there you should be there to unequivocally support them and not try to turn it into some gesture of defiance.

Yes, but I assume you would want to make it very public what you are doing - just using them to make a point. The lads are not stupid - if you are there you should be there to unequivocally support them and not try to turn it into some gesture of defiance.

Being well supported will not make them feel used. No way.

Any press release could be carefully and cleverly crafted to ensure the message is positive and not a gesture of defiance. In any case I said "Maybe a press release with our intentions", not definitely.

I just feel that if we can support them to a degree that they didn't expect then we'll show Venky's what they're missing support wise. Why not create a night that the lads and the Rao's wont forget? It's win win.

There is genuinely no answer to that.

Is there a special way of supporting during a match that shows people "really mean it"? If people fill the ground, are you just going to say "you are only here for your own selfish reasons"? How will they prove to you otherwise?

Being well supported will not make them feel used. No way. :wacko:

And don't assume. Any press release could be carefully and cleverly crafted to ensure the message is positive and not a gesture of defiance. In any case I said "Maybe a press release with our intentions", not definitely.

I just feel that if we can support them to a degree they didn't expect then we'll show Venky's what they're missing support wise. Why not create a night that the lads and the Rao's wont forget? It's win win.

Give it up Mark. Roversmum has made it her mission to defend the club against everything and everyone, cheer-leading for the youth, the ladies, the reserves, etc, etc.

That's fine, it's her prerogative, she's the better fan, but don't expect any kind of compromise where anything BRAG is concerned.

Give it up Mark. Roversmum has made it her mission to defend the club against everything and everyone, cheer-leading for the youth, the ladies, the reserves, etc, etc.

That's fine, it's her prerogative, she's the better fan, but don't expect any kind of compromise where anything BRAG is concerned.

I've heard of it but I genuinely don't know what BRAG do... #confused

The lads would love it, they play in front of a few dozen at Brockhall and a few hundred at Ewood, would they care one iota the motives if 20000 were watching them? It would be the biggest game of their lives.

It's all moot anyway, the main motive for fans to come out will be a cup semi against the Dingles.

:lol:

'Stupid' is what footballers do best.

The young lads would love to play in front of 10k-20k crowds and would give them a taste of a real-match atmosphere, irrespective of the fans' motives for being there.

I've heard of it but I genuinely don't know what BRAG do... #confused

"Action" stuff!

(The most visible/obvious being stage peaceful, trouble free marches keeping the situation at the club in the spotlight).

Archived