BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Public Apology

This is an open message to anyone that I have disagreed with in the past.

I want to apologise if any of my comments about what has been going on regarding Rovers over the course of the season, have been deemed inappropriate or otherwise. I have been thoroughly against the protests and that will never change.

However I accept some actions of mine haven't befitted a twenty five year old man. And that is why I am apologising.

Us Rovers fans have had a lot to deal with over the last year and a half. I dare say that not one of us ever envisaged this to happen to our club. But we are where we are. Supporters of our great club have by and large been divided over what is going. It shouldn't be like this. We should be standing shoulder to shoulder, "brothers in arms" so to speak. I have seen fans fighting, arguing and being generally quite abusive towards one another. It isn't right and should not be tolerated whichever side of the fence you sit on.

I want the best for Blackburn Rovers which is why I'm apologising for my immature behaviour. I have decided enough is enough. I've argued my point(s) time and time again as have many people. It's time to down tools, move on and get behind the team for these remaining five games.

I hope with this, comes solidarity on the terraces, on the Internet and any other medium Rovers fans frequent.

Once again, I apologise.

James

This is an open message to anyone that I have disagreed with in the past.

I want to apologise if any of my comments about what has been going on regarding Rovers over the course of the season, have been deemed inappropriate or otherwise. I have been thoroughly against the protests and that will never change.

However I accept some actions of mine haven't befitted a twenty five year old man. And that is why I am apologising.

Us Rovers fans have had a lot to deal with over the last year and a half. I dare say that not one of us ever envisaged this to happen to our club. But we are where we are. Supporters of our great club have by and large been divided over what is going. It shouldn't be like this. We should be standing shoulder to shoulder, "brothers in arms" so to speak. I have seen fans fighting, arguing and being generally quite abusive towards one another. It isn't right and should not be tolerated whichever side of the fence you sit on.

I want the best for Blackburn Rovers which is why I'm apologising for my immature behaviour. I have decided enough is enough. I've argued my point(s) time and time again as have many people. It's time to down tools, move on and get behind the team for these remaining five games.

I hope with this, comes solidarity on the terraces, on the Internet and any other medium Rovers fans frequent.

Once again, I apologise.

James

First the Syrian ceasefire; an inkling of democracy in Burma and now this. It's humanity's new Golden Age,

First the Syrian ceasefire; an inkling of democracy in Burma and now this. It's humanity's new Golden Age,

Too beleaguered to get involved in Rovers continual slump but I simply had to log in and salute you for that - I will, of course, illegitimateize (ooh, it replaced that, that's clever!) it, use it elsewhere and claim it as my own but hey, that's what the internet's for isn't it?

BTW, OP - haven't read all of your recent stuff but fair play to you for putting that out there, time will tell if it has any effect, and I imagine the next few weeks will be interesting whatever happens - I just stopped being enthusiastic [about the club in general] weeks or months ago, I think the only thing that will give satisfaction now is for the owners to realise they are out of their depth and sell the club.

I think the only thing that will give satisfaction now is for the owners to realise they are out of their depth and sell the club.

I think we the supporters need to realise that unless we find (to paraphrase Alan Sugar) "a billionaire with a death wish" that this town can only provide the financial resources to fund a 1st / 2nd Div club.

And that is as big an ask as asking Mrs Desai to persaude SAF to take over as manager.

imo and just as a comment and at the risk of being deemed an old fart, events of the past 2 years have provided a dose of reallity and a steep learning curve to anyone under the age of 35.... and unfortunately there is much much more to come fellas. :(

Too beleaguered to get involved in Rovers continual slump but I simply had to log in and salute you for that - I will, of course, illegitimateize (ooh, it replaced that, that's clever!) it,

No it isn't cos it's spelt incorrectly.

• Moderation Lead

I think we the supporters need to realise that unless we find (to paraphrase Alan Sugar) "a billionaire with a death wish" that this town can only provide the financial resources to fund a 1st / 2nd Div club.

And that is as big an ask as asking Mrs Desai to persaude SAF to take over as manager.

imo and just as a comment and at the risk of being deemed an old fart, events of the past 2 years have provided a dose of reallity and a steep learning curve to anyone under the age of 35.... and unfortunately there is much much more to come fellas. :(

Your best post that I've seen.

I can see where you are coming from Theno but it has been a steep decline - too steep.

However, if we could be assured that we would be run as a Championship club (I think League One and Two does the town a disservice given the average gates of £25k for a good we while there) then people would maybe accept it more.

The problem is that there is no trust in Venkys to stop there. After all, they we looking for ways to increase investement, not rely on just gates - not that they have done anything about it. Quite the reverse in fact.

I wonder if WEC will renew?

Yep, and to think many of our supporters had a none-stop 18 month b****ing session under Allardyce cause we played a few too many long-balls. Kept thinking at the time get a grip, get real and enjoy it while you can. The real storm was always on the horizon.

I'm curious, what instigated the apology Jimmy?

John;

Lots of things have instigated it. None more so than the realisation that Rovers aren't the be all and end all of my life. I've spent a lot of time arguing that could be better spent doing things I enjoy doing. Rovers have been all I've talked about in the last year as I'm sure most fans would agree that's the case for them also.

Hope that settles your curiousity :-)

James

I can see where you are coming from Theno but it has been a steep decline - too steep.

So do I and yes it has been steep.

However Theno as you state

'I think we the supporters need to realise that unless we find (to paraphrase Alan Sugar) "a billionaire with a death wish" that this town can only provide the financial resources to fund a 1st / 2nd Div club. , '

as I have said and disagreed before,this would apply to virtually nearly every single club bar maybe 10-15 (City clubs :rock: ) so effectively sound the death knoll for the Premier League as it is if it continues to be so - not the death knoll for Rovers or anybody else for that matter unless it continues to be as such and clubs contiue sell the 'their souls' to the devil for the glory of surviving in the P/L.

Personally, as a Rovers supporter I can accept being in any division that our'resources' would such provide as long as we had Rovers :brfc: - as we know they should be - something I think we showed before we got poisoned by the chicken stock and its ingredients.

• Backroom

Yeah I think it's a little OTT

The sentiment is nice but this isn't about the fans and who has said what, it's all much bigger than that

I came into this thread expecting a public apology from Venkys - anyone else think the same?

I half-hoped it was the first draft of something Agnew could use in our last Premier League programme, harking back to the "Appeal to all Rovers' Fans" over the names of Anuradha J. Desai, B. Balaji Rao and B. Venkatesh Rao in the programme for the Arsenal game in which they assured the fans that:

we are fully aware of our responsibilities to them, the club and to football.

We are fully committed to make sure that the team's performance improves and that the recent setbacks do not stand in the way of regaining our standing in the Premier League and the admiration of our fans.

Thank you.

[/Quote]

Archived