BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Did we already complete the jigsaw?

There has obviously been a hell of a lot of hard work put in by the likes of Philip, Kamy and Glen etc. but I can tell through their posts that as much as it seemed that they thought that they would uncover something very untoward going on, nothing with any substance is actually there as yet.

I genuinely believe that what is going on was figured out very early on, but we have simply lost sight of it amongst the madness. The initial insight we were given was Balaji is the only real football fan - I imagine he was the one approached about buying a Premier League team, or at the least looked into that avenue. He possibly persuaded his big sister to go along with it, stating that quite rightly there is money to be made through blooding young talent and selling it on, shirt sales in the Asian market, alongside countless opportunities to advertise the brand Venkys. That for me explains why they bought a reasonably priced Premier League team.

Their following actions may have followed suit in terms of them viewing the accounts, seeing how much it cost to have Big Sam as manager and possibly even heard wicked whispers or made internet searches about his past - Sam quickly goes. The board rightly panics, because they weren't involved with this decision and know major change for the worse (via rash decisions) is swiftly on its way...this warning falls on deaf ears. Next, the ultra-positive, great thinking, White Knight is installed:blink: , after a great interview, stacked full of positivity and a can-do attitude mixed with the recommendation of the guy that the Venkys trust (Mr Anderson) he gets the job. Mr Anderson is probably liked because he brought the deal to the table and sold the dream to Bilaji, with the promise of helping with the continuity of the takeover. He'll oversee the transition, possibly help ship out some dead wood, he has already unearthed a couple of potential rough gems in Barcelona and Argentina who's VT's rival that of Carlos Villanueva :unsure: but he'll hand them to the club on a plate. Not only that, he possibly saved them millions through re-negotiating Phil Jones's and Chris Samba's deals at the 11th hour. What's not to like? Only the invoice :blush: In all seriousness, and being well aware of his demonisation on here - to be fair to him, I don't feel that the Jan 12 transfer window was a very bad one at all.

At the same time as this, like any company that has been taken over, people get peed off left, right and centre. Roles change, responsibilities diminish, things aint what they used to be and certain people and their actions become untenable. Each time someone experienced left the club, their role is either absorbed by the people still left (most possibly Kean, who now has to face the press, cameras and naively answer any question sent his way - but he answers them all with hope and with positivity - possibly going off the back of what he had been told by those above him.

The experienced board is then systematically replaced with either yes men, chancers from within the circle of trust, generally cheaper replacements, or an empty chair - but they are effectively rendered pointless because there is only one decision maker at Ewood, and she will seemingly make you bite the bullet if you question her.

Most tellingly, we swiftly employ a financial expert to find ways of cutting costs. The media are starting to point out that these people in charge are out of their depth, lunatics, idiots etc. They say they don't really know what they are doing and they shouldn't have bought a football club as an advertisement vehicle...they don't and they shouldn't. The everyday fan cannot make sense of what is going on, bizarre rumours start...and spread like wildfire.

Meanwhile, as scary and laughable as it sounds, Kean's importance to the running of the club becomes more and more integral due to if he is sacked - where do you start picking up the pieces in this mess of a club? Who in their right mind would take on this role/s he is filling and how many people would Mrs D have to employ to help look after this baby that she is seemingly reluctant to feed properly anyway?

I imagine she loves Steve, he works bloody hard, never complains, takes the flak, puts in the mileage and covers the Rao's back whenever they let him down. She'll happily leave him with the reins whilst she deals with the more pressing matters at the chicken business. He most probably got his bonus/new deal because he was on a relative pittance, and did what was agreed - kept the club in the Premier League (just).

The second season quickly followed suit, in a similar vein to the last one, but unfortunately there is more time for failure. The squad was decimated through young, ambitious players leaving, poor quality players brought in, experienced players having enough and players not allowed to play because they cost too much. The club was already in a shambolic state and without a miracle, was heading one way. The owners stopped talking to us because they can't agree on things - they are left in a stalemate because two votes counteracts the other two votes: so no decision is made. I imagine the family are at loggerheads with each other almost as much as the fans are at loggerheads with the owners and because they can't agree, probably don't have a plan to put things right.

Anyway, that is my train of thought as to what is going on. No need for gangsters, crooked agents etc. I think the real owners are in fact the Venkys, although there appear to be many cooks stirring the broth, I think the one who dictates the recipe and which direction to stir is Mrs D (and her husband). I think that we are in the mire because we have blatantly been run on a tight budget in order to lower the debts of the club and make it self-sufficient too quickly, regardless to the impact it has to who can then appear on the pitch. We have quickly found ourselves to be staffed throughout by inexperienced people, who are either probably dangerously overworked or loving the new found power and stature...and here's the bit that isn't going to go down very well; I think that even though as the heart and soul of the club we have had an absolute right to complain and had to stand up for our club's future, I think that by protesting and kicking up as much dust and slinging as much mud as possible it has possibly/probably made:

1. Barclays panic and want to drag back their money ASAP which may have impacted on squad investment or sped up the cost-cutting process.

2. The Venky brand image has been damaged which probably affected the share price...this possibly limited potential squad investment due to further lack of funds.

3. Shifted the importance and focus (in terms of Mrs D) towards sorting out the only legacy she really cares about - VH Ltd.

I don't find the above points a problem, as long as the mud we are slinging is warranted in terms of it being accurate and factual based, and not rumour mongering and guesswork. If it turns out to be accurate, you are absolute heroes who have done what you have done for the good of the club, well done and unfortunately it was a necessity to rid the club of evil. The niggle in my mind that makes me question if they are actually on to something with the rumours, is the lack of legal action against them - because rest assured, there have been some serious accusations made and these guys are really putting themselves in the firing line.

Scarily (for them), if it turns out to be inaccurate, well...revert back to the effects I think you have had in points 1, 2 & 3 and take a good look at the carnage caused, then bolt the letter box shut :blink: .

Regardless, the most important question I ask myself is, "How can this be solved?" Some fans will accept a truce in the shape of sudden honesty, communication, a genuine insight into what is planned - followed by an almighty apology. Others will only simply accept new ownership. One thing is for sure, for the good of the club and our hearts and minds, it can't carry on.

Fair points peds.

What no ITKer had ever explained is how and why ILLEGAL actions have been taking place.

Why would the likes of Anderson who can make a fortune through legal (immoral, obviously but that's another issue) means, who has his tentacles all over the sport and the media, be breaking the law when it comes to BRFC. Wouldn't he have covered his arse at every turn?

Isn't the reality that we have owners who have little interest in the club apart from making money and an agent and his client who couldn't believe their luck.

Fair points peds.

What no ITKer had ever explained is how and why ILLEGAL actions have been taking place.

Why would the likes of Anderson who can make a fortune through legal (immoral, obviously but that's another issue) means, who has his tentacles all over the sport and the media, be breaking the law when it comes to BRFC. Wouldn't he have covered his arse at every turn?

Isn't the reality that we have owners who have little interest in the club apart from making money and an agent and his client who couldn't believe their luck.

Yes but they didn't take a massive pile of cash when it was offered to them.

If it were this simple, we'd have them gone inside 24 hours.

Do you have a genuine insight into what is going on and why - or is it a case of making your own common sense of what appears to be a can of worms?

• Backroom

I'm of the opinion that there is something far more sinister going on, however, the tale of silly, naive owners trying to run the club on the cheap is perfectly plausible in most respects. Whoever is actually running the show will know this all too well.

If that is reference to Qatar, have they not been shown to be time wasters. They looked at Rovers and Villa, but pursued neither.

Pedro's hypothesis centers around the ineffectiveness or incompetence of the Raos. I think the major points against are:

1. They don't appear incompetent or ineffective in their main business dealings; and,

2. They have had multiple and clear opportunities to adjust course and prevent failure, but have declined to do so.

As the Raos are not idiots, that leaves the possibility of "something else" as the cause of our woes, which I place under the umbrella category of "corruption". I have no idea what process or institution has been corrupted, but something has presumably failed in light of Kean still having a job and Agnew's promotion.

Anyway, nicely laid out analysis Pedro. You may be right, but either way Rovers are still up a creek without a paddle. I hope we get answers, and a positive resolution, soon.

Pedro's hypothesis centers around the ineffectiveness or incompetence of the Raos. I think the major points against are:

1. They don't appear incompetent or ineffective in their main business dealings; and,

2. They have had multiple and clear opportunities to adjust course and prevent failure, but have declined to do so.

As the Raos are not idiots, that leaves the possibility of "something else" as the cause of our woes, which I place under the umbrella category of "corruption". I have no idea what process or institution has been corrupted, but something has presumably failed in light of Kean still having a job and Agnew's promotion.

Anyway, nicely laid out analysis Pedro. You may be right, but either way Rovers are still up a creek without a paddle. I hope we get answers, and a positive resolution, soon.

the Raos own a multi national corporation if they make mistakes they'd rectify them or get rid of a cash losing venture as they did with the film company , but they don't seem to be doing anything about the Rovers situation so do they actually own the business BRFC ??? that question has to be asked because IMO they don't seem too..

I work for a multi national which has fingers in many pies but when a venture under their portfolio is a loss maker they punt it on or heed advice and make it work but they don't rip up a top level exectutive structure and not replace them with highly professional people in that field ie : CEO, chairman , secratary , marketing , etc ,etc that is a sure fire way to sending a business venture under .

If that is reference to Qatar, have they not been shown to be time wasters. They looked at Rovers and Villa, but pursued neither.

They also persued a french club and a spanish one + bought.. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, and being well aware of his demonisation on here - to be fair to him, I don't feel that the Jan 12 transfer window was a very bad one at all.

Minor point, Pedro - did you mean to say Jan 11 ?

The Jan 2012 window was an absolute disgrace.

I think we're past the stage where we can put the decision making down to naivety.

The famiy know the score, it's been highlighted by advisors, media, failure on the pitch and by the people they hired to run the club (hunt & vineeth).

What is happening here absolutely stinks, the idea that Venkys only hold a minority share is looking a sure fire thing, I just hope someone has the evidence to prove it. Otherwise I fear a long, drawn out death of our club.

Hahaha - yes, sorry I meant 2011 :blush:

Not bad business. Formica & Rochina could be proper players under the right manager. Formica, at least. Jermaine Jones was vital in keeping us up that year, and even Allardyce was trying to get Santa Cruz back. Yakubu, Dann & Vukcevic didn't look like bad buys on paper, either. That's why I don't understand how we can go from spending nigh on £10m that window (considering agent fees), to flogging any senior influences and sidelining players for dubious reasons. Even Venky's original loyalty to Kean could've been misconstrued as naivety exploited by advisers. But there comes a point where inexperience is no longer an excuse. In million dollar business, you can't afford to be held back by sentiment. Something Venky's should know in their line of work. Uncle Jack didn't want to sack Hodgson, he even offered to let Roy "resign" so he could bow out with dignity, and it's said Jack lambasted the players for letting Hodgson down. But he still knew that he had to act to prevent its PL demise. So all this talk that Desai is too stubborn or enamored by Kean is quite frankly, nonsense. Desai could have the best of both worlds if she sacked him: Her loverboy Kean would have a tasty severance package to console him and Venky's would still have a Premier League investment.

What with Paul Hunt's dismissal and the appointment of Paul Agnew - a man even less qualified for an executive position, as well as murmurs of Kean's bodyguard taking over the stadium management, it strikes me as more than sinister. There's no logic behind any of it. Nothing is being done in the club's best interests, misguided or otherwise. They obviously don't care about season ticket sales or any form of reconciliation with the fans. Yet there doesn't even appear to be any indication that they're looking to sell either. So what are we really to make of all this?

Hmmm interesting post Pedro ,

My opinion is that Blackburn Rovers are being run by a 3rd party (not Venkys ) the problem is proving it ..

All bases appear to be covered by their respective legal teams ...

If the owners(who ever it maybe ) want the best for BRFC ,then why is Steve Kean still the manager ?

Or is that a conflict of interests ?

Quite a well thought out post Pedro, and bar corruption, this would be the only explanation there is. Richard Scudamore called rovers a "Basket case"

If we took away every element of rumour, pieces of a jigsaw which is not complete, and take away every comment passed by past and present employee's and people who work within the football circle around rovers then your explanation would be nailed on the top and bottom line, and also well constructed in the amount of words you used.

However so many questions remained unanswered and the things which have come to light which are now in the public domain, and things given to the Premier League last month suggest a totally different tale.

IMHO I do not believe Rovers is owned 100% by Venkys, a paper trail suggest certain individuals involved in the transaction of rovers may have involvement.

If you cast your minds back to around the time rovers were due to be taken over another name was in the frame, another name who later claimed he had been stitched up like a kipper and despite doing the leg work was left out of the deal at the end. One of the avenues we have explored is why, how and who, one thing we do know is Chris Nathaniel who was part of this process is still awaiting a 6 figure fee, and thinks he will be forever waiting. This is just one element of how far we have gone back for the purpose of un-earthing the full picture and truth.

You see, when you screw people over, you leave a bad taste, and our hope is that bad taste is peoples mouths who aint signed NDA'S

Just as an aside to this , I have spent some time this weekend with a senior Far Eastern banker who deals with some big hitting Indian businessmen ( far bigger than the Pune numpties!). He says that in Indian business circles the Raos are regarded as a mixture of embarrassment and laughing stock over their Blackburn Rovers foray.

Why have they put themselves in this position?

Are they really that dumb or have they been used by darker forces ?

Just as an aside to this , I have spent some time this weekend with a senior Far Eastern banker who deals with some big hitting Indian businessmen ( far bigger than the Pune numpties!). He says that in Indian business circles the Raos are regarded as a mixture of embarrassment and laughing stock over their Blackburn Rovers foray.

Why have they put themselves in this position?

Are they really that dumb or have they been used by darker forces ?

I have been posting similar comments drawn from observations made by Indian big hitters for over a year now.

• Backroom

How else can you possibly view them?

Across the world they'll be known as "that company that destroyed Blackburn Rovers" ... a great advert for future prospects and business ventures. I hope their brand exposure was worth every penny.

Archived