BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Independent Away Travel Club?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Darrenrover is referring to the original Darwen Blues who have been around donkeys years. They have nothing to do with this group who have taken the name and affiliated with the Action Group.

The original group of Darwen Blues has long since passed away. Darwen Blue is the term given to any Blackburn Rovers supporter that hails from Darwen, and has been for many many years

The original group of Darwen Blues has long since passed away. Darwen Blue is the term given to any Blackburn Rovers supporter that hails from Darwen, and has been for many many years

I agree in general with your ultimate sentence

However, with the exception of 'Big Jim' who sadly passed away 3 years ago, the majority are still active as Rovers Supporters. Endorsed by the fact that buses are still arranged for every home game under the guise of 'Darwen Blues' from Craven Heifer, Borough, Greenfield, Spinners, Park, Swan & Engineers (the list is exhaustive) and several away games each season. This has been a continual practice for at least 30 years that I am personally aware of.

Just to re-emphasise, Darwen Blues, are nothing at all to do with this entity.

Those that are familiar, shared our ethos and memories over many years of away trips will know what away days are all about and where I am coming from.

I guess that's why there's already 3 coaches booked for 6th April.

Take nothing away from BRAG independent travel, hats off to them but its nowt to do with Darwen Blues in any way shape or form.

(Other than there may be a Rovers fan or two from Darwen involved)

It may be an old chestnut and insignificant to some but of great significance to many in Darwen who find value in our own identity and take offence at arbitrarily being tagged with The Action Group.

Just to re-emphasise, Darwen Blues, are nothing at all to do with this entity.

Those that are familiar, shared our ethos and memories over many years of away trips will know what away days are all about and where I am coming from.

I guess that's why there's already 3 coaches booked for 6th April.

Take nothing away from BRAG independent travel, hats off to them but its nowt to do with Darwen Blues in any way shape or form.

(Other than there may be a Rovers fan or two from Darwen involved)

It may be an old chestnut and insignificant to some but of great significance to many in Darwen who find value in our own identity and take offence at arbitrarily being tagged with The Action Group.

I can assure you as i stated in reply to your rather rude inboxes last week, the group from Darwen whom we associate with have been travelling with us all season, they have their Darwen Blues merchandise, and this is the first i knew of the Darwen Blues in any format.

These lads don't attend or arrange the odd trip per season, they have yet to miss one with us this season. If that facility is not on offer with your Darwen Blues, then of course they are going to find alternative methods for that group to travel, without having to come to Blackburn to do so.

As i stated last week when you private mailed me, rather than continually post about this on here, i would speak to "the one or two lads" you speak of and encourage them to resolve this with you directly, however your child-like reply and abrupt end to that conversation means we have to go through this every time Paul posts on this thread i suppose?

I can assure you as i stated in reply to your rather rude inboxes last week, the group from Darwen whom we associate with have been travelling with us all season, they have their Darwen Blues merchandise, and this is the first i knew of the Darwen Blues in any format.

These lads don't attend or arrange the odd trip per season, they have yet to miss one with us this season. If that facility is not on offer with your Darwen Blues, then of course they are going to find alternative methods for that group to travel, without having to come to Blackburn to do so.

As i stated last week when you private mailed me, rather than continually post about this on here, i would speak to "the one or two lads" you speak of and encourage them to resolve this with you directly, however your child-like reply and abrupt end to that conversation means we have to go through this every time Paul posts on this thread i suppose?

For goodness sake Mark, grow up. I sent you a PM which was far from rude, in fact complimentary if you had the good sense to see, making a polite request which I won't divulge because it was private. There was no abrupt end but I refused to become embroiled in your nonsensical discussion regarding trade marks and such like.

I guess if it only relates to a couple of lads, you shouldn't have an issue dropping the name from your advert should you? Therein lies the issue!

As a side bet, is the merchandise a red t shirt emblazoned with Tugay or navy with a blue and white Darwen Tower?

FFS, I can't believe I'm discussing this. End of

For goodness sake Mark, grow up. I sent you a PM which was far from rude,

Me grow up? You messaged me asking for the Darwen Blues group name to be dropped from the posters, because you "don't take kindly to somebody trying to nick your identity or hard fought reputation".

To which i replied that whilst i understand this, i am part of neither of the two 'groups' and therefore its not my place to dictate who uses what name, however I promised you that i would speak to the guys that organise the Darwen lads, and let them know your concerns, which i felt was fair enough considering your issue is clearly with them "stealing your identity and reputation"? However you clearly didn't want me to resolve this for you, as when i offered to talk to the Darwen lads, you told me to leave it there and basically stated "I should have known better than to expect you to understand."

I don't see what more you expect me to do for you, if another group is using your name and I am part of neither group, all i can do is pass your concerns on to those whom your issue is with and I did go and speak to a few of them as promised both at Leicester and ahead of the Peterborough match. Yet you have been clearly ungrateful to my efforts to try and resolve this for you and instead threw them back at me, and it appears that you would prefer to cause an issue about it on this thread, as oppose to showing willing to try and sort it out amicably.

I guess if it only relates to a couple of lads, you shouldn't have an issue dropping the name from your advert should you? Therein lies the issue!

As a side bet, is the merchandise a red t shirt emblazoned with Tugay or navy with a blue and white Darwen Tower?

"Couple of lads" was the term used by you. not me.

and no, it was neither of what you describe, what was the stake?

• Backroom

Sorry mark I was going to message you

I removed it solely because I feel the contents of private messages should stay private

Normally i would agree.

However if someone has an issue which they ask you to resolve and you kindly offer to try and do this for them, just for that person to throw it back in your face and tell you their attempt was a waste of time....surely when they then go public about it constantly it is right for me to be able to put the record straight by stating that i replied amicably and tried to bring resolution to his issues.

He either wants it private or public, his refusal to resolve it and continually drag it up on here suggests the latter so on this occasion i disagree.

Sorry mark I was going to message you

I removed it solely because I feel the contents of private messages should stay private

That's a really big call, Tom.

Isn't your role maintain standards, not morals?

• Backroom

We try staying out of things and let things flow but on this instance I felt it was best left to a private discussion

Maybe I made a mistake glenn and ste may confirm that but I don't see it that way myself

We try staying out of things and let things flow but on this instance I felt it was best left to a private discussion

Maybe I made a mistake glenn and ste may confirm that but I don't see it that way myself

I think you should resign from your position :P

Archived