BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Independent Away Travel Club?

Do we have any away travel clubs independent from the club? :huh:

Seeing as i`ve put myself into an ewood exile (until the elephant washers bugger off) i wouldn`t mind going to a few away games next season....but refuse to use 'official' travel.

I know Ewood Blues do their own coaches, BUT are there any others?

If not, would a BRFCS independent travel club be an idea worth mulling over? :huh:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got this off facebook

Havelock Inn

IPSWICH AWAY TRAVEL 18th AUGUST. WE WILL BE LEAVING THE HAVELOCK AT 6am AND ARRIVE 10 MILE FROM IPSWICH AROUND 11am. WE WILL THEN HAVE A FEW BEERS BEFORE MAKING OUR WAY TO THE GROUND. THE COACH WILL RETURN STRAIGHT AFTER THE GAME WITH NO STOPS. PRICE IS £17-50 EACH

I'd actually started exploring this and BRFCS Travel was a close-season project I was intending to progress, but Glen told me the action group are doing this and I figured it was silly to have competing travel groups too.

Hopefully Glen or Mark or somebody may be able to give you some details (aka permission for them to pimp their project)

Glen told me the action group are doing this and I figured it was silly to have competing travel groups too.

Hopefully Glen or Mark or somebody may be able to give you some details (aka permission for them to pimp their project)

We are now in the final stages of booking the coach to Ipswich, as an FSF affiliated supporters group, we believe that more affordable travel is needed for our supporters and therefore it is our intention to run coach/es to every away game this season.

The Travel price for Ipswich will be £20 return.

Details

Is there any way to link a match ticket to the travel?

Not having a ST could make it more difficult to get away tickets at the popular grounds.

Is there any way to link a match ticket to the travel?

Not having a ST could make it more difficult to get away tickets at the popular grounds.

We are currently finalising the package with the club, so should have more info on this next week, and will be linked into a loyalty scheme too which ensures its done fairly

I'm pretty sure the Away Travel Season Ticket was scrapped a couple of years ago now... maybe the loyalty scheme that Glen is talking about is a BRFC Action group travel loyalty scheme?

Aslong as Season Ticket holders get priority on away tickets, then thats fine!

Bit of a daft comment that Hughesy. I hardly think that a group campaigning for the removal of the manager/owners is likely to get priority over STH's... :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the Away Travel Season Ticket was scrapped a couple of years ago now... maybe the loyalty scheme that Glen is talking about is a BRFC Action group travel loyalty scheme?

Bit of a daft comment that Hughesy. I hardly think that a group campaigning for the removal of the manager/owners is likely to get priority over STH's... :rolleyes:

The Away Travel Season Ticket is still going strong although those of us who use it have dwindled in numbers over the years! Basically, you pay up front for coach travel in the summer for the entire season and then pay for each match ticket separately. Once you become an away travel season ticket holder you are guaranteed a ticket for every away match. This scheme has been running for years and works well if you enjoy travelling on the official coaches which obviously some of us still do.

• Moderation Lead

Ah good work- I need to get some travel sorted for Ipswich away. I'm in Accrington, but don't mind having to travel to Ewood (obviously) to get on the coach!!

My point was that you don't need to be a ST holder to join the official away travel club and enjoy priority away tickets, so what's the difference with an unofficial away travel loyalty club getting priority tickets too for non-ST holders?

Very Limited availability remaining on the Ipswich Coach, Details Here

To register interest in the forthcoming games vs Aek Athens, Leeds United and Bristol City, details will be added to the site as they are finalised, to register direct interest please email Andy@brfcactiongroup.co.uk.

Further Update

Due to a 57 seater executive, already being filled as this event is proving popular, anyone who wishes to book on, and has not yet done so, needs to contact a committee member as soon as possible as we will be discussing the option of increasing the size of the coach or laying on additional coaches with the company at the next possible opportunity.

Please contact either myself and Glen through here, or email Andy Woods at: Andy@brfcactiongroup.co.uk

The first coach sold out within 24 hours so a second coach has now been booked

The second coach is also filling quickly , breakfast is included in the price whilst prices for Athens, Leeds and Bristol city will be announced imminently.

The away travel is open to all supporters

Ticket details have been released for Ipswich £25 for adults £15 for kids ,

Also rovers travel £35 adults £33.50 for concessions

Still a few tickets on our away Travel remaining at £20 inc breakfast but these will go quick , get in touch with either mark or I on here or go down to brown cow or Ewood buttie shop if you wish to secure a seat

makes you wonder why the official away travel is so much more (in % terms) than Ewood Blues, Havelock and of course yourselves...

Hopefully the inital allocation sells out and the travelling support at this game sets the standard (in terms of numbers) for the season.

Archived