BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Frazier Campbell

patrickvalery

Wouldn't really make sense for Campbell to be next target if Rhodes doesn't join as their completely different types of player!(physically and technically), it would just yet again show that Kean(and maybe Shebby) has no plan or idea of the formation and style he wants the team to be, he just picks names out of a hat until 1 signs.

Wouldn't really make sense for Campbell to be next target if Rhodes doesn't join as their completely different types of player!(physically and technically), it would just yet again show that Kean(and maybe Shebby) has no plan or idea of the formation and style he wants the team to be, he just picks names out of a hat until 1 signs.

The story is in the Sun, I think its more likely to be them picking names out of a hat....

speedie, so you are judging a guy on one game? if we did that to every player who has a stinker then im sure most players wouldn't cut it, im sure if the likes of zidane or ronaldo had been playing poorly against rovers, you would have said exactly the same thing?

Some people on here really confuse me. You want a striker with a prolific strikerate and without a history of injuries, yet Campbell gets the nod?

Campbell had one (count them) good season with Hull in the Championship and even then he only scored 15 goals. In the Premier League he's never scored more than 4 goals in a season, so if everyone is so keen that we build a team that would survive if we were promoted he's not the sort of forward you want leading the line.

Add to that he spent most of 2011 nursing the same injury that apparently makes Best a liability. To me, the knee injury is even more important for Campbell than Best since his goals were mostly a product of his pace, and that kind of injury will have an impact.

Some people on here really confuse me. You want a striker with a prolific strikerate and without a history of injuries, yet Campbell gets the nod?

Campbell had one (count them) good season with Hull in the Championship and even then he only scored 15 goals. In the Premier League he's never scored more than 4 goals in a season, so if everyone is so keen that we build a team that would survive if we were promoted he's not the sort of forward you want leading the line.

Add to that he spent most of 2011 nursing the same injury that apparently makes Best a liability. To me, the knee injury is even more important for Campbell than Best since his goals were mostly a product of his pace, and that kind of injury will have an impact.

This.

speedie, so you are judging a guy on one game? if we did that to every player who has a stinker then im sure most players wouldn't cut it, im sure if the likes of zidane or ronaldo had been playing poorly against rovers, you would have said exactly the same thing?

No, i am judging him on his entire career. Last 4 years he has scored 6 goals. What i saw with my own eyes confirmed the fact that he is not very good at all.

I think this would be a better signing than Rhodes would to be fair.

You won't find many people who agree with you there......you'd think Best's injury would be reason alone to not sign an injury-prone striker as his replacement, let alone one who doesn't score too often.

If nobody took a gamble on lower league players, there would be some excellent players still there. I watched Rhodes against Holland U21's and he looked really good....add that to his goal-to-game ratio and it's not as big as a gamble as some are making out imo.

He'd be an awful signing. He doesn't link up particularly well, he isn't a clinical finisher. The only thing he does is stretch the field with his pace, but even there he's lost half a yard as far as I can see and it doesn't net him many goals. I've tried to be positive about our signings and until Best got injured I was reasonably happy with him, Murphy and (to an extent) Gomes, but Campbell would be an utter waste of money.

Rhodes is expensive considering he's only played league football in the third tier, but if we have the sort of money that we're talking about spending on Rhodes then we should be looking at people who are a little more potent and a little less damaged than Fraizer Campbell.

Archived