BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A change of tact.

Pedro

Sorry Pedro but if Kean could create his ideal but plausible scenario regarding the fans at the moment he would choose the one outlined in your opening post. I'm not there tonight so can't really tell anyone what to do but I hope it's a cauldron of hate like the Wigan game from the first minute to the last.

The way I see it is if we keep up the protests, either the owners will eventually listen or continue to not care in the slightest.

But if we don't then the owners will keep Kean and there's no chance of them eventually relenting.

Obviously, it isn't likely at all that protests against the manager will work, because they haven't so far, but if there's still a chance to get rid of him, we should continue.....just imagine if Desai was starting to come around to the idea until we stopped, Kean blagged it was because we were all behind him and then we were stuck with him.

i wish i could have known they were going to be there sooner, i would have been over to ewood in a shot

You'd never have made a strategist roverandout. The correct course of action would be for everyone to do the complete opposite. That pair sitting in an empty Ewood Park would have been humiliating beyond belief. Fully deserved too for they have ripped the heart and soul out of the club with callous intention and have despicably destroyed Jack Walkers legacy to the town in the process.

Annoying pedant head on...A change of tact is meaningless. The phrase is 'a change of tack' as per http://idioms.thefre...com/change tack.

Exactly. It's been doing my head in. How come a Mod or whatever they call themselves now hasn't corrected it?

Well, the match mustered a few half hearted "Kean Out" chants but my wish was half granted by the sarcastic but amusing over-eager support of Bruno Ribiero. Good result tonight, mundane performane but Etuhu looked excellent - especially first half.

Annoying pedant head on...A change of tact is meaningless. The phrase is 'a change of tack' as per http://idioms.thefre...com/change tack.

No, far from meaningless. Tact means how you deal with someone/something especially in a tricky situation.

Here you go:

tact

   /tækt/ Show Spelled[takt] Show IPA

noun

a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.

a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste; discrimination.

touch or the sense of touch.

“I am told the last time we were in the Championship, the season tickets were moving at a similar rate,” Kean said. “I would imagine if we move near the top of the table, people that were a little bit slow to renew will come back and see us in this attempt to get promotion at the first time of asking.” http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/9493592/Blackburn-Rovers-1-Hull-City-0-match-report.html

Looks like his little pet monkey has been whispering sweet nothings in his ears again.

“I am told the last time we were in the Championship, the season tickets were moving at a similar rate,” Kean said. “I would imagine if we move near the top of the table, people that were a little bit slow to renew will come back and see us in this attempt to get promotion at the first time of asking.” http://www.telegraph...tch-report.html

Looks like his little pet monkey has been whispering sweet nothings in his ears again.

No mention of only 13k for 1st home game of a new season then, lets hope the V's have asked the qeuestion

• Moderation Lead

Are you saying; "Bring back pitch invasions" ? :P

Mid-game and refusing to leave, would get the attention of the media. Something extreme needs to happen.

We've been too soft for too long, can you imagine this situation being allowed to happen at other clubs?

Archived