BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Well done Andy Murray ... well worth stopping-up for. First British men's Grand Slam winner since Fred Perry back in 1936 ... only sour note for him is that winning this in almost any other year would have got him Sport's Personality of theYear!

Incredible athlete, there's no other British sportsman or woman as good in their field as he is in his.

He should win SPOTY hands down. Olympic Gold and Silver put him up there with most of the contenders, a Wimbledon final and US Open victory sets him apart from the rest.

Incredible athlete, there's no other British sportsman or woman as good in their field as he is in his.

He should win SPOTY hands down. Olympic Gold and Silver put him up there with most of the contenders, a Wimbledon final and US Open victory sets him apart from the rest.

I think there are a couple of cyclists and an athlete or two who would have something to say about that (Wiggins, Hoy, Cavendish, Trott, Farah, Ennis). Murray is world number 3 after all.

Its between Wiggins and Murray for SPOTY, To have taken gold at the Olympics and then triumphed in their respective fields away from the games, in sports that we haven't had any kind of recognised success in, deserves so much recognition.

I think there are a couple of cyclists and an athlete or two who would have something to say about that (Wiggins, Hoy, Cavendish, Trott, Farah, Ennis). Murray is world number 3 after all.

Its between Wiggins and Murray for SPOTY, To have taken gold at the Olympics and then triumphed in their respective fields away from the games, in sports that we haven't had any kind of recognised success in, deserves so much recognition.

None of those you mention are up against 3 all time greats in their sport. Murray competes with Nadal, Federer and Djokovic time and time again and often wins. The enormity of that probably won't be fully appreciated until they're all retired and the standard drops again.

Wiggins TDF win and Olympic gold can be aligned to Murray's US Open win and Olympic gold. Murray also won Olympic silver and was the first British man to get to the Wimbledon final in 70 odd years.

Murray's achievements, especially given the competition he is up against, outstrips them all.

True

Not true, absolute rubbish in fact. One comment 6 years ago which he was goaded in to, followed by 6 years of explanation. Those that still have issue with it are the ones that are prejudiced, not Murray.

The cycling community will be out in force for the vote. It does not like criticism of its sport or its riders as shown in the Olympics and will be backing Wiggins all the way. Murray is respected for his achievements but is not universally liked - probably something to do with his miserablist Scots persona.

Not true, absolute rubbish in fact. One comment 6 years ago which he was goaded in to, followed by 6 years of explanation. Those that still have issue with it are the ones that are prejudiced, not Murray.

The full interview is him joking with Tim Henman.....then they fabricated a story out of it, which I think I've seen happen before in the media.

I think it's quite funny how some don't like him because he's anti-English and that's wrong but another reason they don't like him is because he's Scottish....or invent stereotypes like "typical miserable scots" or whatever.

Fantastic tennis player and to win a grand slam when there's 3 other fantastic players is some achievement.....Olympic Gold Medals are impressive also......but no he doesn't show enough emotion, that's the main issue.

I dont care who wins it this year cos whoever it is deserves it. Personally I'd go with Wiggins for winning the TDF but that would be a shame for Murray .... and Mo farah.... and Jess Ennis..... and Chris Hoy..... and Ben Ainslie..... etc etc. I'd possibly be most pleased if Alistair Brownlee won it. A less popular sport and much less lucrative than pro tennis or cycling but requiring even more dedication just check out his record.... http://en.wikipedia....istair_Brownlee

Poor Rory McIlroy won't even get a look in for winning one of golf's Majors the PGA Championship. With the Ryder cup coming up fast there's more scope for heroics that wont even figure in the top 10..

Just as intriguing is Overseas SPoY. Who can split Bolt and Phelps achievements?

BUT Best of all I can't even see a footballer figuring in the top 30! :lol:

The full interview is him joking with Tim Henman.....then they fabricated a story out of it, which I think I've seen happen before in the media.

I think it's quite funny how some don't like him because he's anti-English and that's wrong but another reason they don't like him is because he's Scottish....or invent stereotypes like "typical miserable scots" or whatever.

Fantastic tennis player and to win a grand slam when there's 3 other fantastic players is some achievement.....Olympic Gold Medals are impressive also......but no he doesn't show enough emotion, that's the main issue.

so all sweaties want england to win ? :rock:

so all sweaties want england to win ? :rock:

No but that's different people who wouldn't have made a comment like that haha.....personally I don't dislike anyone because they're from a different race/nation so find it sad that some people dislike another purely because of where they're from, let alone a fantastic athlete with incredible talent.

And like me and T4E have said, the England comment was said in jest....I'm not saying everyone has to like him, just at least pick a valid reason not to.

So all the scots love england and want us to win? Haha really ?

Nah that's not what I'm saying....the Scottish people who don't want the English to succeed wouldn't accuse the English of just being anti-Scottish because they are the same....I, as someone who never wants people not to succeed just because they are English, just don't really like the fact that a lot of English people never liked Murray because he was Scottish and then just started saying it was because he was anti-English when it's no different to what they were like.

It's a pretty pointless topic to be fair....the real thing is he never said he was anti-English so that can't be used against him.

Archived