BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mixed feelings about a positive start to the season

Carr

It appears he's putting football on a pedestal then, or indeed people in authority such as managers. Not wise in one so young. You should explain how he can still be a manager and how other people in life who lie can get far but also explain as to why it is not the best route to go down.

You don't have to be happy with kean, but he does not have to be a role model to anybody, nor does anybody else in sport. It is nice when you get them, but it's not a defining factor of whether to go to a game or not.

If your son doesn't want to go to watch a football match because of bad people then don't take him. I'd also suggest you keep him away from the general public too as you can never be too careful.

Well we will have to disagree then because I have to agree with my son that Kean is not fit to be manager of Rovers. He is in a position of authority and responsibility. He is meant to guide and advise players, yet he doesnt set a great example does he? When it appears hes lied in court, lied to fans and spoken openly the way he has to fans when possibly drunk about his previous boss then really its hard to make a case for him remaining as manager.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm as delighted as anyone we're where we are in the league. I'd be even happier if we were actually playing like a top of the table team. Either there's going to be a change in our way of playing ( extremely unlikely under the present management ) and we'll start getting the best out of the players we've got or we'll carry on with a little less luck and find the level our performances deserve ( mid table ). This second, more likely, outcome could be avoided if we had a decent management team in place. Until this happens I'll be looking on, sadly. Nothing would induce me to return to Ewood under the current regime, and that's from a person who first went onto the ground in 1962.

That's not to criticise other Rovers fans who do attend games, Parson and Tom to name just two long standing fans who contribute to this board need answer to no one regarding their loyalty to the club. We just see things differently.

As I've said in the past there will be many die hard fans who will never attend games at Ewood again, they intend to return but as time goes by Saturday afternoons will be filled with other pastimes. As well as following Rovers I followed my local Rugby League club for about 15 years home and away. I had a falling out with the club and vowed never to attend again. A pal took me to watch other local teams but it just wasn't the same. For about 10 years I never went to a game of Rugby League. Then my club moved from the other side of town to about 10 minutes walk from my house, so I went back for their first match. Low and behold I was hooked again and 25 years later I'm still a fan. But if the club hadn't have moved I would have never gone back.

Oh ffs, what else do you want people to do? It is our best league start since the Championship winning year in terms of points, and even better than the Souness promotion season. You can spend every moment agonising over the fact that you don't like the manager. Or, grow some balls, accept that he's going nowhere, and just enjoy the fact that we are unbeaten and top of the league.

I wouldn't be so sure that 'he's going nowhere', irrespective of the fact that he's managed to scrape a couple of lucky results in the first few games.

And besides, it takes more 'balls' to make a stand against Kean and everything he represents than to just be completely spineless and continue happy clapping with the other 9,000 souls, completely indifferent to the future of our club with this incompetent fool in charge.

Imagine he was to stay all season and, by some fluke, we went up.

Unless they make him walk away at the end of his contract, he'll be given another 2/3 years of inflated wages and allowed yet another disastrous season in the Premiership, resulting in sure-fire relegation.

A couple of lucky wins in the 2nd division and some people have totally forgotten about 18 months of lies, spin and total incompetence.

Unbelievable.

A little churlish, Parson. I expect better than that from you.

We're not at the end of the season so that's irrelevant. Should we go up that almost certainly means Kean will stay in charge and get a bumper new contract, which in turn means we'll soon be relegated again. I have no problem with anybody enjoying the current unbeaten run, and have already stated I'm extremely unhappy that I'm not able to enjoy it the same way you and others are. I just can't disconnect my feelings for the club from everything odious within and around it. Clearly some find this easier than others. I'm not going to apologise for being unable to filter out the bigger picture.

And you don't think that posting "Cryer's now joined the 'you should just enjoy the wins' brigade. Deary me." is a little churlish?

I have no problem with the fact that you are not enjoying seeing the Rovers win a few games or being top of the League. However, I see no reason why you should infer that those of us who do are somehow missing the bigger picture. We all know what the problems are but they are clearly not going to be resolved in the near future. In the meantime I will continue to enjoy the wins in the short term, goodness knows they are unlikely to last. However, with respect, to use your own words I'm not going to apologise for being able to filter out the bigger picture for the 90 minutes that I watch the Rovers.

I wouldn't be so sure that 'he's going nowhere', irrespective of the fact that he's managed to scrape a couple of lucky results in the first few games.

And besides, it takes more 'balls' to make a stand against Kean and everything he represents than to just be completely spineless and continue happy clapping with the other 9,000 souls, completely indifferent to the future of our club with this incompetent fool in charge.

Imagine he was to stay all season and, by some fluke, we went up.

Unless they make him walk away at the end of his contract, he'll be given another 2/3 years of inflated wages and allowed yet another disastrous season in the Premiership, resulting in sure-fire relegation.

A couple of lucky wins in the 2nd division and some people have totally forgotten about 18 months of lies, spin and total incompetence.

Unbelievable.

I find that sentence very strange. Reading this thread folk have said they are happy with the fact Rovers are top of the championship, happy with the unbeaten run.

But not one has said they are happy with the past 18 months. Not one has said they are happy with venkys or kean.

So I am wondering if you can tell us who has posted on here that they are happy with either Venkys or Kean?

Unbelievable.

Jesus Christ. NO IT HASN'T. It has finally given a slight reprieve and a slight feel good factor after all of that. Some fans just don't seem bright enough to juggle the frustration of what's gone on off the pitch and what is currently going on on it. Emotions are available in colour, not just black and white.

I agree with Carr original post. I too have had mixed feelings. One hand great no p taking by my work mates ( Mainly Man U fans ) on how Rovers are doing.

I also so have this feeling of if Kean does get us up again, Then what ? He is not the man to manage us in the Prem but do the owners yet have this figured out ?

I am just glad that we are not doing at the momment a Leeds United and heading down to the next division which was and I guess alot of ours worst fear. It is early days but so far so good. I just hope we can keep this up and don't come a cropper to the muppets down the road when we face them.

In 20 years watching football I have never experienced feelings that I have now...

It's at the stage where Steve Kean is actually in my dreams at least 3 times a week. Last night I dreamt I had a written statement from Gael Givet with all the bullets to expose Kean to the world for what he is. It truly is madness and it doesn't exactly set me up for a great day at work.

At the same time we are enjoying one of the best starts to a season in recent times. Yes it's the championship...but who cares...it's no walk in the park league and no matter what league you are in, if your team is winning, it feels good.

I like Shebby Singh. I don't have any big problems with Venky's (apart from the obvious one)....they have spent well and seem to want to turn the club around and rebuild relations.

The ONLY problem is our bloody manager. It's SO EASY VENKY'S!! Get rid of him and there will be a GREAT feeling around Ewood park. Crowds would go back to 20,000+ and we can all enjoy the season together. WE ARE ROVERS.....Kean isn't.

I agree with Carr original post. I too have had mixed feelings. One hand great no p taking by my work mates ( Mainly Man U fans ) on how Rovers are doing.

I also so have this feeling of if Kean does get us up again, Then what ? He is not the man to manage us in the Prem but do the owners yet have this figured out ?

I am just glad that we are not doing at the momment a Leeds United and heading down to the next division which was and I guess alot of ours worst fear. It is early days but so far so good. I just hope we can keep this up and don't come a cropper to the muppets down the road when we face them.

i hope when we play the muppets down the road they keep up the agent kean, there is only one steve kean chants etc to show him and the "board" what a mockery he is that the local bitter rivals are happy with his performance. That must send a msg. I was just dissapppointed the plane they sent ove said venky's not kean because that would have had to be the final nail.

In 20 years watching football I have never experienced feelings that I have now...

It's at the stage where Steve Kean is actually in my dreams at least 3 times a week. Last night I dreamt I had a written statement from Gael Givet with all the bullets to expose Kean to the world for what he is. It truly is madness and it doesn't exactly set me up for a great day at work.

At the same time we are enjoying one of the best starts to a season in recent times. Yes it's the championship...but who cares...it's no walk in the park league and no matter what league you are in, if your team is winning, it feels good.

I like Shebby Singh. I don't have any big problems with Venky's (apart from the obvious one)....they have spent well and seem to want to turn the club around and rebuild relations.

The ONLY problem is our bloody manager. It's SO EASY VENKY'S!! Get rid of him and there will be a GREAT feeling around Ewood park. Crowds would go back to 20,000+ and we can all enjoy the season together. WE ARE ROVERS.....Kean isn't.

This pretty much sums up my feeling about the situation.

I can never enjoy any rovers resu;ts while kean is around. Its that simple and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone believes a few really lucky results should make me happy.

The whole situation stinks to high heavens. I so want to enjoy watching rovers again but thats IMPOSSIBLE while we have a pig for a manager.

I went to my first away game of the current season at Bristol City last Saturday and came away happy to see the team score five and win, but angry at having to share the win with Kean and saddened by the wedged that Kean appears to have driven through our fans.

I travelled to Bristol City with my two teenage sons, looking forward to cheering the Rovers on and letting Coco know that we weren't going to forgive and forget the shambles that has been the last twenty months or so. My eldest son and myself ended up getting a b******ing from guys stood in front of us when we joined in with "Kean out" chants that had started up near us. I know that we're top of the table, but surely Kean needs to know that he's not winning us over, the results are only papering over the cracks, tactical nouse, please!

Was the trouble that kicked off between Rovers fans because of the Kean out chants?

I'm 100% behind the team but 0% behind the clown, I look forward to the day when he has finally gone and we can all stand united in our love and support for the team without bickering or handbags between our fans, well done Kean, another thing that you've managed to inflict on us!

Kean out, out, out!!!!!!!

Archived