BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mixed feelings about a positive start to the season

Carr

Kean is so frustrating. I'm tired of even wanting him to get sacked. I just want him to get it. His flaws are easy to see. He has his teams sit way too deep when they get a lead. That's the base of most of the problems. We drop so many points under him from just that. It seems so easy to fix too. Why can't he just figure it out. We should reck this division, and this squad should in theory be enough to stay up in the prem. Anyway, at least we're winning for now, even though we've already let the other team tie games 5 times already.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carr we each have our own way of reacting. Personally I'm enjoying the season.

I haven't enjoyed football much for 18 months and it's good to turn up at Ewood anticipating a win. I now find it quite easy to divorce Kean and Venkys from the match. I'm still concerned over the future but I won't let it spoil my enjoyment of a game. Ewood seems a more positive place this season.

I'm not singing and dancing just pleasantly surprised we aren't struggling yet - who knows what will happen by Christmas.

It was very easy to become obsessed with Kean and to a lesser extent Venkys. For a lot of people separating the football and the management / ownership is impossible. I find now I have I feel much happier.

I couldn't agree more Paul. Once you divorce the politics surrounding the club from events on the field there is far more enjoyment to be had. Like you, I'm just enjoying the ride this season. It might be bumpy, it might not end in success but for the moment it is certainly far more enjoyable than anything that we have had over the past 18 months.

I find itt very easy to ignore Kean completely and just enjoy winning. I ignored football all summer and now find it refreshing and exiting to anticipate a game and winning. This is something which was missing for the whole of last season.

None of the problems have gone away but obsessing over them is not a good place to be. I can't help but feel those who have chosen to boycott are going to miss out on an exciting season.

Ignoring Kean and Venkys won't make them go away but then neither does anything else.

Wise words Paul.

What infruiates me is the fact we are in a pretty poor league with a pretty good squad, we are top of the table and have every chance of promotion, but because the powers that be would not make the ONE decision that mattered this summer, we have now lost a total of 10000 fans under Venky's.

The vast majority of fans would have united this summer and we would all be revelling in the start, instead we have an empty ground and in-fighting at every away match.

I think being in Canada so not being able to go to any games for the past couple of years or even watch Match of the Day (or Championship equivalent) means the only exposure I really get is on here and other sites where every second topic of discussion is Kean or Venkys it seems so can be difficult for me to seperate them from the football.

TBH I think that's a part of your difficulty. This MB is so full of negativity and endless threads covering the exact same subject I've found by largely staying away or at least commenting rarely it improves my mood.

What infruiates me is the fact we are in a pretty poor league with a pretty good squad, we are top of the table and have every chance of promotion, but because the powers that be would not make the ONE decision that mattered this summer, we have now lost a total of 10000 fans under Venky's.

The vast majority of fans would have united this summer and we would all be revelling in the start, instead we have an empty ground and in-fighting at every away match.

+1

I haven't enjoyed football much for 18 months and it's good to turn up at Ewood anticipating a win. I now find it quite easy to divorce Kean and Venkys from the match. I'm still concerned over the future but I won't let it spoil my enjoyment of a game. Ewood seems a more positive place this season.

I'm not singing and dancing just pleasantly surprised we aren't struggling yet - who knows what will happen by Christmas.

It was very easy to become obsessed with Kean and to a lesser extent Venkys. For a lot of people separating the football and the management / ownership is impossible. I find now I have I feel much happier.

I've no problem with those who boycott etc. but I have switched off from every conversation which includes the words Kean and scum because you just know what comes next, again and again and again. The boycotters seem to have more of a problem with those who go than vice versa.

Still nothing to get het up about.

Sums my feelings up completely.

I can't help but get the feeling that people are "moving on".

So many sneered at Agnew's assertion that results will bring people back but, judging by the theme on this board - and even 'attacks' on people who dare be "negative" after a wi, he may well be proven right. That will feel good won't it?

People have very short memories and the longer Kean continues to succeed and get the backing of fans - even if only grudgingly or apathetically - the more chance there is of him getting a new improved contract.

The paradox is that we needed a poor start, Kean's replacement, an rejuvenation of the fan base, and a strong finish. The worry is that we start strongly Kean is rewarded and we finish badly - by and large much how we approach games.

Like I said, a paradox - a bit like fans boycotting Ewood, yet cheering on the team away so as not to give Venkys their money. Yet Kean will soon point to away fans as true supporters who can see what he is trying to do. Thus keeping him in a job longer.

I want Rovers to win and Kean to lose. A tough one.

I don't think anyone who was there today as the 5th goal went in couldn't have been more enthralled. We'd just seen an amazing game and we're top of the league. I just want us to keep winning games of football.

We need to go up this season and we've started the job off pretty well. It'll be interesting to see how we do trying to break down a team, really can't see Barnsley doing much more than defending and hitting us on the break.

I was able to watch Brighton beat barsnley 5 1 recently. Barnsley were worse than terrible.

I'm not quite sure how to view your post Stuart, a part of me thinks it's going to take yet another thread down the same road?

For the first time in a very long time I was interested enough to listen to the game and record the TV coverage. I'm not apathetic nor have I forgiven anyone. I am though bored to death with the endless circular discussion and Kean scum remarks.

Away from match day I make a contribution to the effort to remove these people. On matchday I watch and enjoy.

I've no problem with those who boycott etc. but I have switched off from every conversation which includes the words Kean and scum because you just know what comes next, again and again and again. The boycotters seem to have more of a problem with those who go than vice versa.

Still nothing to get het up about.

Terrific post.

I can certainly understand the paradox of feeling. I was with my father yesterday who had a season ticket for 30 years but didn't renew.

He was delighted yesterday because we had won, whereas I was the one with mixed feelings because it keeps kean in a job for longer. He wants to give kean another chance now, whereas I can't forget.

If some supporters can ignore everything else that has gone on, then good luck to them - it's their right and i know they will be rewarded with many thrilling games & big scorelines to celebrate.

But for me personally, I'll only ever go to away games until the necessary changes are made. It's gone too far and I refuse to change my principles just because we win a few games.I just dont feel any connection to the club at the moment at all. Sad, but unfortunately true for me.

I can't help but get the feeling that people are "moving on".

So many sneered at Agnew's assertion that results will bring people back but, judging by the theme on this board - and even 'attacks' on people who dare be "negative" after a wi, he may well be proven right. That will feel good won't it?

People have very short memories and the longer Kean continues to succeed and get the backing of fans - even if only grudgingly or apathetically - the more chance there is of him getting a new improved contract.

The paradox is that we needed a poor start, Kean's replacement, an rejuvenation of the fan base, and a strong finish. The worry is that we start strongly Kean is rewarded and we finish badly - by and large much how we approach games.

Like I said, a paradox - a bit like fans boycotting Ewood, yet cheering on the team away so as not to give Venkys their money. Yet Kean will soon point to away fans as true supporters who can see what he is trying to do. Thus keeping him in a job longer.

I want Rovers to win and Kean to lose. A tough one.

I support the football club - not kean or venkys.

I want the team to be a success - not venkys or kean.

Quite happy to pay to watch the team at ewood park (when I can) not even thinking whos pocket the money goes in.

I know some say going to ewood lines the pockets of the owners. But I consider going to matches at ewood park, helps keep the club a float.

Which is more inportant than either venkys or Kean.

No matter who the owners or the manager is. I believe we all want a successful club on and off the field.

But I still want both venkys and kean out. But the reality is, there is more chance of the latter going than the former.

It's a decent start to the season results wise, however conceding 3 a game and picking up points is simply not sustainable.

The performances don't reflect our position either, for large portions of games we have been dire.

I'm not quite sure how to view your post Stuart, a part of me thinks it's going to take yet another thread down the same road?

For the first time in a very long time I was interested enough to listen to the game and record the TV coverage. I'm not apathetic nor have I forgiven anyone. I am though bored to death with the endless circular discussion and Kean scum remarks.

Away from match day I make a contribution to the effort to remove these people. On matchday I watch and enjoy.

It's just a sense that the tide is starting to turn Paul. "The Club" have simply waited it out to the point where people are now bored of talking about it. There is simply nothing new to say.

This is apathy and acceptance as far as I'm concerned. Agnew and Kean will construe it as support.

It won't be long (if results continue) before those who do defend Kean will become the main voice of the fans. I can hear it now "Well you can't knock what he's done in the Championship". (The fact he took us down to his level is lost - that's in the past, we have to move on).

Some fans have got to a point where they are prepared to ignore what's going on and just enjoy the football. I get where they are coming from: nothing we do will make them get rid of Kean so why bother complaining but that has to be the case win, lose or draw, and not stop simply because we are on a good run.

Without knowing what you are doing away from match days to remove them, Paul, it's hard to take that into account. Given how things have gone over the last 12 months or so, I'm sorry, but it's difficult to believe it will have a positive outcome - or even any outcome.

Without knowing what you are doing away from match days to remove them, Paul, it's hard to take that into account. Given how things have gone over the last 12 months or so, I'm sorry, but it's difficult to believe it will have a positive outcome - or even any outcome.

Oh I just mean attending every meeting I can, listening to all that people have to say, trying to ask relevant questions etc. perhaps most importantly explaining to others just what has happened, what we all believe has gone on behind the scenes and generally looking to spread the word Rovers fans are not a bunch of whinging protesters!!!!

am happy with the start but kean being here makes it hard for me to be totally elated, when we score, i feel kind of happy but when the opposition score i feel the same way because it gives me hope that kean won't reach his points tartget and more importantly kean suffers another bad match day, wish i could feel %100 behind the team but while kean remains i just can't.

best post seen for ages +10000000000000

I like the look of my team on top of the table.

I want to be in the Premier league.

But our recent history can not be denied.

Do you trust those running the first team, or those in the boardroom. Are they credible custodians of BRFC?

I can not see the light at the end of the tunnel with the current regime in place. It will be a sorry tale.

I always want the best for Rovers, new owners & a new manager is still top of my wish list.

no mixed feelings from this particular poster in relation to the start of the season. I'm delighted to be top of the league...delighted for the players and fans - nobody else. If we get promoted then I'll view it that Kean has only rectified our relegation last season - no more than that. People have said we can't keep continuing to play ok with the odd bit of good play, but maybe just maybe this is a league with lots of average/inconsistent teams so the undoubted quality we have up front will be enough. Just a thought (not really a question), but how long before the spotlight will be turned onto Hendry for our continued defensive problems?

no mixed feelings from this particular poster in relation to the start of the season. I'm delighted to be top of the league...delighted for the players and fans - nobody else. If we get promoted then I'll view it that Kean has only rectified our relegation last season - no more than that. People have said we can't keep continuing to play ok with the odd bit of good play, but maybe just maybe this is a league with lots of average/inconsistent teams so the undoubted quality we have up front will be enough.

This is effectively my view. Logical and reasoned.

Archived