BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a very good question, some of the names are obvious and pop up for all jobs. The ex-players come as no surprise either, I believe Schuster will also be genuine due to certain links he has with Shebby Singh.

Love him or hate him, Shebby Singh does have some massive footballing contacts worldwide and in particular in Spain, Germany , Croatia and Portugal. Its these links which could bare the fruits of an established European coach, although the worry would be , how they adapt to the English Championship.

Its like anything, people use their contacts and we are in the position where we have someone at the club who has them

I think Shebby Singh says it has it is. He is very honest and is communicate with fans as alot of fans wanted.

Also a name that is mention in the Independent article at the bottom of it is Paulo Sousa.He has experience of working in the Championship and was very unlucky not to take Swansea into the Playoffs. missing out by 1 goal. Could be a outside chance of getting the job.

Do you believe the majority of these links are legit though Glen? I'm sure i'm wrong, but i can't remember anyone of the ilk of Schuster ever being interested in managing us when we were a PL side. Now, after the most turbulent 2 years in our history, playing in the english 2nd teir and the club closely resembling the Billy Smart circus we are attracting managers of real calibre?! The suspicious side of me wonders where these links are coming from.

Think about it for a minute - this managers job is probably one of the most sought after. Why? Because the owners will never sack you despite having a win record of 22% in the premier league. What manager wouldnt want to come to a club, howver much in dissaray off the field, if they are given total control on the field despite rubbish results

Schuster

Christoph Daum

Ole Solsjkaer

In that order for me!

Just a thought... Maybe Salgado recommended us to Schuster? Told hkm how much he loves the club and stuff...

Surely Klinsmann and Benitez will need millions to spend, that's why they are out for me!

Surely Klinsmann and Benitez will need millions to spend, that's why they are out for me!

Huh? Kilnsmann managed the national German team and did pretty well - they got all the way to the semi-finals of the World Cup in 2006, without spending a single cent.

I'd take Keano, just for the comedy value and the possible Souness factor. A fair few parallels.

Strange I'm agreeing with you again wtf !

It may need that sort of bloke to stand up to the V's and actually tell them home truths instead of blowing smoke up their pampered arses.

German must be Schuster.

Klinsmann is with the US National Team on a long-term project. He'll never leave them. Lets not be naive. I doubt Hitzfeld would leave Switzerland either.

Do you think Schuster would be interested ?

I will be honest I don't know much about the guy other than he managed at Real Madrid but from what people are saying he is a good manager.

Would he have spoken to Salgado about the club ?

Do you think Schuster would be interested ?

I will be honest I don't know much about the guy other than he managed at Real Madrid but from what people are saying he is a good manager.

Would he have spoken to Salgado about the club ?

I wouldnt be too keen on him myself. Its rumored that he's applied already. He would love entry to English football. He has a mixed record. A bit of a hard-core manager in terms of temperament. No nonesense.

I'd be more eager on a Solskjaer than him for example.

We're selling ourself short. We're a relatively well known club around the world. We are in England. Squad good enough to win this league and we offer entry into one of the best leagues in the world. Big names (relatively) will apply for the job irrespective of Venkys. We've passed the stage when Venkys were at their worst. Shebby has opened communication and made things relatively smoother and that wont have been missed by people who were more wary previously.

the latest odds are interesting, and clearly reflect only the individual bookies exposure to particular name, rather than any consensus.

For example...

OGS: lowest odds 2/1 at bet Victor; best odds 25/1 at StanJames

Mick McCarthy: 9/2 at Skybet; 25/1 at BetVictor

Shearer: 9/4 at Ladbrokes; 12/1 at BetVictor

I really think with the quality we have, a good coach really should take us up. Yes the Championship can be hard to adapt to, but Robbo, Givet, Martin Olsson, CKR, Etuhu, Vukicevic, Rocinha, Gomes and Rhodes all have done or would look at home in the Premier League (though next season if we go up Gomes may not). Additionally people like Leon Best (when fit), Dann (if part of a well drilled defence) would be amongst the leading players in this league but might fall short in the PL.

One thing that I am happy with is our current squad, I was fearing the worst when we got relegated but we managed to keep some good players and add some real quality.

Strongly disagree with this statement having seen most of the players mentioned. A lot of wishful thinking here sydney one suspects..

Following closely what Ole Gunnar Solskjær has been up to lately I'm confident that he will not leave Molde at this point. It was just a few months back that he turned down Aston Villa after the owners of Molde threatened to cease investing big money into the club.. This was followed by extensive talks between Solskjær and the owners which resulted in Solskjær promising to stay there for a few more seasons. There are still several games(ends in November) to be played in the Norwegian league, and they are atm at the top on the table.

OGS also managed to get Molde qualified for the group stages in the UEFA cup and that European cup adventure has just started...

In addition Lars Bohinen has gone out in the Norwegian media warning Solskjær that Blackburn might not be the correct club, having the owners in mind. If Solksjær is keen however he will seek advice from Berg, Bohinen, Pedersen etc, I'm sure.

This has become a rather big news in Norway and I expect OGS to announce in tomorrows press conference that his focus is on Molde.

Archived