BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Strongly disagree with this statement having seen most of the players mentioned. A lot of wishful thinking here sydney one suspects..

Not sure what exactly you're disagreeing with. The quality of the players, or their form? A lot of negative thinking here jal one suspects...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the latest odds are interesting, and clearly reflect only the individual bookies exposure to particular name, rather than any consensus.

For example...

OGS: lowest odds 2/1 at bet Victor; best odds 25/1 at StanJames

Mick McCarthy: 9/2 at Skybet; 25/1 at BetVictor

Shearer: 9/4 at Ladbrokes; 12/1 at BetVictor

Link shows OGS is now hot favourite with odds shortening across the market:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/blackburn-specials/next-permanent-manager

Good bet for those who had him at 25/1 ;)

Not sure what exactly you're disagreeing with. The quality of the players, or their form? A lot of negative thinking here jal one suspects...

Quality of the players of course that can get the job done they arent here, yet. Hopefully a new manger will change the weaker ones for some stronger ones and then we can all move forward.

Quality of the players of course that can get the job done they arent here, yet. Hopefully a new manger will change the weaker ones for some stronger ones and then we can all move forward.

I would think the quality of players like Nuno Gomes, Jordan Rhodes, Danny Murphy (questionable given his current playing form), Dickson Euthu and Simon Vukvenic would be pretty high in the Championship, though. But that's just me.

Its been said but i have to agree...any half decent manager should be taking this squad up with the quality available..our strongest starting 11 should beat every other team in the division...mixed feelings on the german links, none proven in england yet cant help but feel they would improve out disgraceful defending and add a bit of discipline to the squad as a whole!

Would take Daum, Schuster, Ragnick, OGS of the names mentioned so far and no to Sherwood, Shearer and Keane!

Its been said but i have to agree...any half decent manager should be taking this squad up with the quality available..our strongest starting 11 should beat every other team in the division...mixed feelings on the german links, none proven in england yet cant help but feel they would improve out disgraceful defending and add a bit of discipline to the squad as a whole!

Would take Daum, Schuster, Ragnick, OGS of the names mentioned so far and no to Sherwood, Shearer and Keane!

This is my personal list of realistic names mentioned/high on betting lists so far:

Yes (in order): Ole Solskjaer, Bernd Schuster, Alan Curbishley, Mick McCarthy

Maybe: Alan Shearer*, Tim Sherwood*, Christoph Daum

No: Keith Hill, Garry Flitcroft, Roy Keane, Eric Black

* only with experienced assistant

In the vote at the bottom of the What's Next for Blackburn Rovers article, the current results are telling:

Solskjaer has 40% of the vote, with Holloway in 2nd with 13% and Grayson 3rd with 12%. It includes most of the viable candidates without addressing people like Roy Keane or Bernd Schuster who was rumored to be involved only from late yesterday. Over 350 unique people have voted so the sample size is decent.

The plan at the weekend was to appoint a younger manager, whether that has changed with "big" names being interested I don't know.

However, I would ignore all odds and speculation because we haven't even reached the stage of getting a shortlist together, so at the moment there is no favourite or outsider for the job, all that has happened is that Rovers have received expressions of interests from perspective managers. What seems to have surprised Rovers is the number of high profile/big names who have expressed an interest in taking the job.

The real fun and games will begin when the shortlist is drawn up, which according to Shebby will be next week.

This is my personal list of realistic names mentioned/high on betting lists so far:

Yes-Agree with top line bar Mick

Maybe-Disagree

No-Agree

Yes-Agree with top line bar Mick

Maybe-Disagree

No-Agree

I sat next to Roy Keane on a flight to Amsterdam a few months ago and had a lenghty chat about Rovers and our troubles. He was very complimentary of our previous managerial set up in terms of the CEO, MD and Club Secretary. He would not really get drawn on the present set up aprt from saying that a good and experienced club secretary is absolutely vital in terms of the day-to-day running of a club.

A lot of people slag the bloke off, I am not talking about his managerial abilities here, but I found him to be charming and intelligent on a one-to-one basis.

I sat next to Roy Keane on a flight to Amsterdam a few months ago and had a lenghty chat about Rovers and our troubles. He was very complimentary of our previous managerial set up in terms of the CEO, MD and Club Secretary. He would not really get drawn on the present set up aprt from saying that a good and experienced club secretary is absolutely vital in terms of the day-to-day running of a club.

A lot of people slag the bloke off, I am not talking about his managerial abilities here, but I found him to be charming and intelligent on a one-to-one basis.

Did you join the mile high club with him? lol :brfcsmilie:

I wouldn't mind a team of Ole and judan Ali as assistant. Judan has had good achievements albeit in lower competitions. He'd be cheap, but he seems very hungry and the India link again may help in bringing Indian public interest.

Big money going in on Ole - now evens with some bookies.

Suspect by tonight, will be odds on.

My mate wont take a bet on Ole and has turned several away this morning !!!

I think that the ordinary betting public expect Venkys to make a sensible appointment, which Ole would appear to be.

IMO we should all be betting our houses on Black.

(Caveat - I'm not a betting man, apart from the lottery, and I won't be backing the above statement up in any shape or form...;-)

I wouldn't mind a team of Ole and judan Ali as assistant. Judan has had good achievements albeit in lower competitions. He'd be cheap, but he seems very hungry and the India link again may help in bringing Indian public interest.

It's important that a manager picks his own assistant as they will work closely together, it's not a good idea to just force two people together and hope that they share the same ideas.

i think its comes as a surprise not just to shebby and venky's but also to us fans that so many well respected managers have shown interest , but l suppose looking at it whoever the new manager can only make things better , the club is at its lowest ebb for over 25 years

The real fun and games will begin when the shortlist is drawn up, which according to Shebby will be next week.

Surely the sensible thing to do would be to get that shortlist done asap, ready to make the calls straight after the Wolves game thus getting the new manager in by at least Monday morning giving him the best part of two weeks to get his stamp on the team.

Surely the sensible thing to do would be to get that shortlist done asap, ready to make the calls straight after the Wolves game thus getting the new manager in by at least Monday morning giving him the best part of two weeks to get his stamp on the team.

Absolutely, +1.

Why this is not being done is beyond me.

slight problem-its Venkys we are dealing with here and everybody throwing their hats into the ring comes before they find out what the financial terms are.The big one will be Venkys will want this on the cheap and secondly any manager who signs up to work in the current regime wants certifying!! So the structure has to change as well and that aint gonna be conceded any time soon by the present incumbents.

it woul not be a surprise to see a drawn out interview process when people start pulling out and Venkys then can't make their mind up..A slick process and quality appointment isnt high on my list of expectations based on the last 2 years.

Can i add as long as the assistant is not dowie like at the toon.

Archived