BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shebby Singh only joined in June, and in his own words he was recruited to bring Blackburn Rovers back to the Premier League. In essence the owers have left the runing of the club to him. Now I'm not pro-Shebby as much as I like the guy, but it's unfair to lump him together with the two years when he wasn't there. Plus he did make a few good calls in the transfer window - Nuno Gomes and Jordan Rhodes come to mind. If he is looking for a new manager, he'll look for a good one. But he can't just say "Sorry, Eric Black, you ain't getting the job after these 2 games".

The guy is a lying chancer who blabbed rubbish at KGH and then couldnt deliver on his promises.His outbursts since have been contradictory to say the least and especially that cringeworthy claptrap live on Talksport.He is Balaji's stooge, no more and no less and quite simply they are playing Championship Manager.

If our future is in the hands of those 2 show ponies then the future is pretty bleak IMO.

Oh and a few good calls in the transfer window? what about the boatload of never heard ofs from portugal that are absolute pants.

Sorry mate -that guy is a charlatan

The guy is a lying chancer who blabbed rubbish at KGH and then couldnt deliver on his promises.His outbursts since have been contradictory to say the least and especially that cringeworthy claptrap live on Talksport.He is Balaji's stooge, no more and no less and quite simply they are playing Championship Manager.

If our future is in the hands of those 2 show ponies then the future is pretty bleak IMO.

Oh and a few good calls in the transfer window? what about the boatload of never heard ofs from portugal that are absolute pants.

Um...forgive me for being ignorant, but what were those promises he failed to deliver? And since when did he lie? I was't aware of any lies he made during his time here.

Fabio Nunes? Turned out to be good. The rest haven't played yet other than Junior, so it remains to be seen.

Who's absolute pants? Edinho.....probably but it takes time for players to adjust.......Nunes? No, looked pretty good by all accounts.......Henrique, Rosado and Jorge? Yet to play in the league.

Singh promised to get rid of the manager if he lost 3 games in a row....it's not like he didn't deliver on his promise considering we never even went on that run.

He might not be anywhere near the guy we want making decisions but I'd rather have him than the Venky's themselves....or any agent.

A new manager will want something resembling a board and I predict his workload will naturally diminish anyway over the next few weeks.........I don't want Venky's as owners either but it's going to be extremely hard to force them to sell......and we need to concentrate on getting promoted.

Now isn't the time for negativity.....it's far from an ideal scenario but it was a whole lot worse as little as a week ago.

Um...forgive me for being ignorant, but what were those promises he failed to deliver? And since when did he lie? I was't aware of any lies he made during his time here.

Fabio Nunes? Turned out to be good. The rest haven't played yet other than Junior, so it remains to be seen.

HE SAID IT WAS 1% AND KEAN DESERVED A KNIGHTHOOD

A couple of norwegian football experts laughed in studio over rumours about OGS to rovers. Said he picks clubs after owners and not players or money.

They can say that about a man who has managed one club. Amazing foresight...

A couple of norwegian football experts laughed in studio over rumours about OGS to rovers. Said he picks clubs after owners and not players or money.

They can say that about a man who has managed one club. Amazing foresight...

it wasnt exactly what they said. one of them said "when you go to a club you dont pick a club, you pick owners, and i dont see solskjær working under venkys"

and the others agreed. Frankly i think they may be right. venkys really need to convince him if they decide to go for him. Its hard to see it happen, but then again if solskjærs representatives have contacted the club i guess he would be a bit interested. Also Molde are currently leading the norwegian league with 1 point. there is 6 games left. I dont think he will leave the club so close to the end of the season, and we cant really wait till 18th november to get a new manager (unless black does some major changes and we start playing better)

I think that the interest in managing the club is somewhat due to us having an effective striking partnership in Rhodes and Gomes coupled with players such as CKR.

For the outside, splashing 8 million pounds on one player shows intent from the owners.

I think Paul Merson should be approached to fill the managers position,with the offer of a three year contract at £6 million per annum.

He would either reply with a libellous letter turning us down, or agree to an interview,after which the club could issue a statement on SSN that unfortunately he had not been successful in his application on the one criteria that he was not good enough with his spoken English and therefore the job has been given to Solskjaer.

According to the BBC article though, it was Solskjaer's representatives who expressed an interest to Rovers. It's not as though Rovers have gone out chasing him or have said they want him (as far as we are aware) so how can they laugh at those rumours?! Could be wrong but sounds like it has been initiated from Solskjaer's end at the moment so he must have an interest.

Black simply does'nt deserve to be considered for the job, not really anyting against the guy but if was'nt already here in some capacity then he would never ever be in consideration for the job and only going by whats happened on the pitch he has made no case for himself.

Total clearout please, no yes men need apply.

Black simply does'nt deserve to be considered for the job, not really anyting against the guy but if was'nt already here in some capacity then he would never ever be in consideration for the job and only going by whats happened on the pitch he has made no case for himself.

Total clearout please, no yes men need apply.

That's a good point, if Kean hadn't have brought him in to replace all the other assistants he's had Black would still be in the Bermuda Triangle of ex-footballers/ managers and wouldn't be getting a sniff of this job.

Archived