BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Me neither. Its the same thing that makes fans chant subs names, clamour for Rochina, or talk up Murphy over the summer like he was god/Tugay. Its a comforting thought if there's always somebody better on the bench/not in the squad/playing for another team that we can call upon. When usually these players aren't in the side for a good reason, and players of other clubs are only thought about when they do something good.

I guess you could class Kalinic in that category too-clearly not getting a run at his current club either!!! (Not to mention Benny M).

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster has applied for the vacant manager's position at Blackburn, talkSPORT understands.

The 52-year-old, who won La Liga with Real Madrid in 2008 before being shown the door in December of the same year, has been out of work since leaving Besiktas in March 2011.

Now Schuster is keen to try his luck in England and has thrown his hat into the ring for the Blackburn job, following Steve Kean's departure from Ewood Park on Friday.

As well as Real, the experienced German has also managed Spanish sides Levante, Getafe and Xerez, Ukrainian giants Shakhtar Donets and Cologne in his homeland.

Blackburn will now consider whether to hand him the task of leading the club back into the Premier League, although a number of other names are also in contention, with Henrik Larsson, Alan Shearer, Tim Sherwood and current caretaker coach Eric Black all linked with the role.

If he has applied then that would be amazing. Was a class player and is a good manager!

When you ask the question Black, Flitcroft, Sherwood, Shearer or Schuster??? He suddenly sounds more appealing!!!

Black has to do a job for the next 2 games, Shebby and all of us want him to try his best, hence the comments.

If Black and the rest of the coaching team resigned today or spent all their time looking for a new job, we'd be totally stuffed in the time it takes to get someone in.

I'm hoping for an experienced manager, even if its just at championship level, with a decent backroom team. Not Shearer.

what do we think about this - http://www.talksport...burn-job-182185

I would be over the moon.. was my number one choice, and is good friends with Salgado of all people :) Close to ex players, experienced, fits the bill for Venkys in terms of playing style, has lots of experience with smaller clubs, world wide reputation, hungry to prove himself again, major contacts in the game.... etc.. humerously I actually sent him a message via some friends of his just yesterday lol :)

I would be over the moon.. was my number one choice, and is good friends with Salgado of all people :) Close to ex players, experienced, fits the bill for Venkys in terms of playing style, has lots of experience with smaller clubs, world wide reputation, hungry to prove himself again, major contacts in the game.... etc.. humerously I actually sent him a message via some friends of his just yesterday lol :)

****He was criticized by the Turkish media for trying to implement a reckless attacking style of play-ha ha can see this going well with our current defensive record!!! Still fits in with the Venky's model of attractive football i guess

Got to say the Bernd Schuster link is the most exciting so far, the mans got vast experience and has worked at the highest level, so we'll not get him I know......... "This is venkys Gav, have a word with yourself" :(

****He was criticized by the Turkish media for trying to implement a reckless attacking style of play-ha ha can see this going well with our current defensive record!!! Still fits in with the Venky's model of attractive football i guess

Did you see his win percentage there? They scored 56 goals in 31 games winning 58% of the games played.. but he did fall out with the media in Turkey (which isn't an unusual thing).

I totally see where you're coming from but unfortunately this will be seen as another Kean like appointment. IF he wins games then I don't think he'll be treated with quite the same hatred but still...

I know where you're coming from but at least this guy hasn't usurped Allardyce whom a lot of Rovers fans loved as Kean did.

I hope we employ an experienced manager as much as everyone. I think it's what the club needs at the minute to perform to its ability and to repair relations. I won't write off Black if he gets the job through merit regardless of his relationship with Kean though.

Did you see his win percentage there? They scored 56 goals in 31 games winning 58% of the games played.. but he did fall out with the media in Turkey (which isn't an unusual thing).

We've recently scored a lot of goals too. We've conceded a fair few as well!! How many did they let in under Schuster???

The Schuster link is definitely an interesting one, he's actually applied? Need to hear it from someone other than Talksport to believe it!

That would actually be a big thing for me though, give it to someone who applies and wants to come, not some prima donna who's going to sit there and possibly accept if begged to come and offered everything on his terms.

I also like the fact that he bought out his own contract when given the opportunity to manage Real Madrid. Many would have kept the money and carried on where he was but he obviously understood it was the chance of a lifetime and knewhe couldn't let it pass by. He also resigned from Madrid (Perhaps before he was pushed out admittedly) which perhaps shows he has the balls to leave when it's not working out.

The biggest worry with him would almost be would he leave us when a better job comes along, perhaps he wants to get his foot into English football, but to be honest I couldn't care less, if he does well enough to earn himself a better job then at least it'll probably meant he's done well with us!

As a manager though I know very little about him, style of play etc, man management so have no idea if he really is a good option but he certainly has the CV for it.

I have to admit it does worry me a little that Eric Black is now favourite with the bookies to become permanent manager. Tomorrow's game will be interesting as although it's early days he's had a few days now to at least look at adapting our game and moving away from 'whatever Kean was trying to do here'...

Which brings me on to, will we ever know what Kean was 'trying to do' as he put it? I can almost laugh about it now!

The Schuster link is definitely an interesting one, he's actually applied? Need to hear it from someone other than Talksport to believe it!

Quite right... Don't get your tails up just yet.

Talksport = Talksh*t

Archived