BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shebby not ruling Black out of the full time job in the LET

“We are not going to rush anything now. We have had a lot of applicants already and we will look at them and draw up a shortlist. We have to be very, very careful how we select the next manager or to see if we already have the next manager"

Eric Black now second favourite to get the job....

If Shebby is being serious about employing a young and experienced manager like he said in the BBC interview, then surely that rules out the likes of shearer, sherwood and black.

your calling me a troll after that childish little rant!!!

not that i should be responding to your crap, but of course i wouldn't even consider a top calibre established manager like those you mentioned to be interested or even considered, i don't have a realistic number 1(although in an ideal world it would be Ole Solskjaer) choice just yet as all the managers i've seen mentioned are questionable(for various reasons) and none of them stand out much as being ideal, Id be content with Mick McCarthy as a safe fallback option but would prefer somebody a bit more ambitious.

p.s. i did't slag anybody off!, i was just making an observation. i suggest you go to sleep now.

Sorry, lack of sleep so I didn't read your post properly. I thought you were slagging Daum off and dissatisfied with him despite his achievements. I'm not vouching for him to be manager, but I was annoyed that someone would ask "what's so special about someone who constantly gets his clubs to 2nd place and won a couple of trophies". Must have misread that, my bad.

Shebby not ruling Black out of the full time job in the LET

Yeah, because that would bring back the fans...

What a moron he is, just make an appointment outside of the club... It's not difficult.

I WANT to renew my ST but I won't if Black gets the job and I fear 1000's of others think the same.

Out of all the contenders, Curbs seems the safest pair of hands. Experienced, young enough & plays good football.

He's not my choice but I feel he's the safest choice.

And it should be thrown straight back out. Unibond league to champioship, come on.

I can't believe we're even entertaining a semi-professional from the seventh tier. He's not even a great amateur league manager - 3rd last year, 8th this year. He'd probably find himself out of his depth in the Conference.

Would Black be in with a shout if he was assistant manager at any other Championship club? No. Are any other Championship assistant managers on the possibles list? No. Black should not be in with a shout end of.

Another concise and accurate post. Occasionally you understand the temptation to promote assistants if the owners are trying to keep continuity from a previously successful regime (e.g. Harford following Dalglish). Why on earth would the club want to keep some continuity from Kean's tenure? :blink:

What does everyone think of Henrik Larrson? Do you guys believe that he'll flop? I've already seen some disparaging posts about him......

I was initially excited but it sounds like he's done a poor job in Sweden, having a mini Kean-style revolt against him by the fans. The club even tried to force him to come out of playing retirement to sort it out!

The only thing I'm sure of, is that they will make the wrong choice.

It certainly appears that way. Young seems to be the modus operandi and as we all know the chances of getting that one right are low as most fail ala Ince, Short, Shearer already have. Not even JW one of the best chairman in football could get it right each time so Venky's chances must be akin to Keans of winning a game about 1 in 10.

Just pick the man with the best CV that applies or go hunting for someone who has already shown he has strong ability.

Fairly soon the dictionary will have a new word a 'Venktastrophy', defined as: what happens when chickens take over.

in reply to Lechuck.

Everyone linked is in the main a novice, sherwood well chavtastic springs to mind. Shearer, 1 in 8, me thinks Kean did better, lol. Larsson??? Aye the swedish second divison is a great breading ground for managerial talent he only saved them from relegation. I've even seen the manager of India linked.

They obviously have learning issues as they've tried this before with Kean and look what it has cost them.

For the love of god go for someone who's been a manager before at a decent level as if they get this one wrong, well lets just say they think its bad now.

Venky's please learn that gambling with a pair of two's constantly will only lead to another venktastrophy!

Archived