BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

good to hear, however it does seem very odd and worrying that whatever it was hapenned in the first place!

with givet that is

Speculation is that he was getting into the ribs of one or two 'Keanites' eg Orr, Dann and it caused an issue.

Allegedly, Givet & Orr have a bit of history dating back to half time v Wigan home last season !

I wouldn't rile Gael too much, you need to be able to take care of yourself in Marseille, or at least part of it !

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true. I'd be happy. 75% unlikely to be so though. Talksport are pretty poor rumour wise.

Bit of a strange one if it's wrong though. If they'd said Shearer or Sherwood had applied and it turned it out to be wrong, you could understand something like that being invented. But Bernd Schuster? Can't see anyone making that up.

I assumed your comment was sarcastic and was pleasantly surprised when I read the article. No Givet would be a massive loss.

True. It would be understandable if he wasn't played again, to be honest. A manager doesn't have to work with people like that.

But it's in the best interests of the club that he does play and it's good that it could be resolved. Let's just hope the agreement was amicable and it isn't a case of him flaring up again next game or it wasn't a case of too much player power which could cause other rifts in future games.

The way Black has addressed it in that interview appears positive though.

Suprised not to see the sky sports Shebby article.. unless I have missed it somehow.. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8131031/Shebby-Singh-says-there-has-been-a-lot-of-interest-in-the-manager-s-job-at-Blackburn-Rovers

As he says plenty of names already have approached Rovers.. Would be interesting to see that list.. (still hoping beyond all hope for Schuster/Salgado)..

Also interesting to see Shebby comments on Black..

"Eric is in charge. He has got a game on Wednesday and a game on Saturday," said Singh.

"In this short period I would not like to put Eric under pressure and I will not use the word caretaker because he is managing the team."

"Saturday was a difficult game for him but this morning everyone was positive and buoyant, and I had a chat with Eric and said he was in charge for Wednesday and Saturday, and he has got all my support."

As ever if you have the context and take into consideration some things will be lost in translation... then all Shebby has said is he does not like to call Black a caretaker manager and that he has only told Black he is in charge for two games... To often we see a quote from the middle of a conversation and do not see the full context of that quote.

If Bernd Schuster took over I think that would guarantee promotion for us, he is a manager of the highest calibre !

Personally I can't see it happening, but if somehow we did end up with him I would be over the moon !

It's unusual that not only are people pinning their hopes on Schulster, they have now roped Salgado into it too.

Schulster is a potential possibility IF the reporting is correct (which would be great news) but the Salgado has come out of nothing and is now being run on here as a distinct possibilty. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. At the moment it's Black.

It's unusual that not only are people pinning their hopes on Schulster, they have now roped Salgado into it too.

Schulster is a potential possibility IF the reporting is correct (which would be great news) but the Salgado has come out of nothing and is now being run on here as a distinct possibilty. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. At the moment it's Black.

Schuster IN !!

would be amasing with Schulster as manager, but this have to be a wind up...but who knows ,strange times at rovers since Venkys took over..

Ah so that's how it starts! Let's nip it in the bud - Schuster! :)

I would be pleased with Schuster, much more so than the likes of Shearer, Sherwood, Black etc.

However the guy has a somewhat chequered career. He's been fired from quite a few of his jobs for poor results.

Still, would be very pleased to see him, but his record isn't quite as good as it might seem!

Archived