BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always risky to speculate in how persons you really know nothing about works and acts, but while Larsson probably is the definition of a great footballing brain I find it very hard to see him lead and inspire a team with his extremely leisurely and deliberate personality... The man is about as exciting as a sack of potatoes.

As always I hope we look abroad for a new manager. France, Germany (not Schuster though!), and Holland all produce arguably better coaches than England, and even as a Championship team we can probably offer a decent wage package (depending on the mood of our "beloved" owners, that is).

It's always risky to speculate in how persons you really know nothing about works and acts, but while Larsson probably is the definition of a great footballing brain I find it very hard to see him lead and inspire a team with his extremely leisurely and deliberate personality... The man is about as exciting as a sack of potatoes.

As always I hope we look abroad for a new manager. France, Germany (not Schuster though!), and Holland all produce arguably better coaches than England, and even as a Championship team we can probably offer a decent wage package (depending on the mood of our "beloved" owners, that is).

Why wouldn't you want Schuster?

dont know you anyone has stated,

but where will the interviews take place ?

who will be doing the interview ?

Desai will be interviewing the prospective manager's wives at Pune XPRS, followed by a quick shopping trip . Extra points will be given for no knowledge of football and the best cake recipe using ajwain

Get your money on OGS:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19806122

I understand Rovers spoke with him some time ago back in the PL when Kean was under pressure and he is still very much in their thoughts.

Odds are attractive at the moment, I've put a bob or two on, but falling as not insignificant money is going on OGS.

Betting aside, I think he's the type we need and fits the 'progressive' description being bandied about.

i thought solskjær would never happen because he has previously said he would only consider taking on a premier league club, but if representatives of him have contacted the club then it could happen.

he has done very good with regards to the results he has produced with molde, but thats not really what have impressed me the most. He has gotten involved in everything at the club, from academy to nutrition and the work etchics he has demanded from the team on training is what have produced results. This is a guy who during his active career had a diary and wrote down what sir alex did in what situation, what happened, how he and his teammates responded to different half time pep talks etc. He is so professional its almost ridiculous.

I have previously said that rovers will have an advantage over many other clubs due to the short distance from manchester, he can still live in his house in manchester and his family actually miss england.

Solskjær realized quite early he wanted to go into management, and he did it for the right reasons. On the opposite side you have Alan shearer who now wants to go into management because he miss being in the spotlight.

If solskjær wants to come here its a nobrainer imo. he demands alot from his players, himself and everyone involved in the club. would be a bit shocked if it happened

Whilst I don't want to plug, I'd hope you enjoy reading this article. It rounds up what the criteria should be for the selection process and assesses the current names being thrown around as well as offering 1 or 2 alternatives:

What Next for Blackburn Rovers? Assessing the candidates for next manager

There is a vote there too.

OGS for me , english football experience , lived in north west , ticks all other boxes , this guy could be the real deal

as i see it , for me , there is only 1 thing that would stop him becoming manager

how the hell do you sing "Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's blue and white army"

OGS for me , english football experience , lived in north west , ticks all other boxes , this guy could be the real deal

as i see it , for me , there is only 1 thing that would stop him becoming manager

how the hell do you sing "Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's blue and white army"

Could sing Baby-faced Assassins blue and white army instead.

So Solksjaer turned down premier league Villa, but will come to us? Not convinced. He'd be an excellent choice if he was interested, though.

He didnt turn Villa down. Molde refused to let him go and he agreed to remain till the end of the season (next month).

• Backroom

He didnt turn Villa down. Molde refused to let him go and he agreed to remain till the end of the season (next month).

Is that so? Last quotes I saw from Solksjaer suggested he didn't want to leave Molde, rather than that he was forced to stay. Though I did read some stuff a while ago about how Molde's millionaire backer threatened to withdraw his support if Solksjaer left. Thought that was a rumour, though.

he turned them down. he has a release clause if a premier league team wants him. i will explain what really happened with Villa. The owners of Molde said they he could talk to Aston villa if it were held low key. What happened was that Randy Lerner sent his private jet to pick him up and fly him to birmingham, which turned into a media circus. The owners got angry because they thought he would stay for at least 3 years, and they have invested alot for him to bring in the right players and change the whole club. The official statement was they he and his family decided that they were not ready to move back and the total package wasn't tempting enough.

who knows, maybe we can give him the total package, because they can move back to manchester

Di Canio is the outstanding candidate "by a mile" you said.

All he's achieved so far is the same thing that Paul Ince managed to achieve before joining us - League Two promotion.

If he didn't have the fancy name then you wouldn't be suggesting him. What about the other managers that achieved League Two promotion that year - why aren't you suggesting them?

Based on Kamy's intel that Venky's favour a younger, up and coming manager I think he's the best candidate. Name me any better ones in that category?

My preference over all would probably be Curbishley or Holloway.

Based on Kamy's intel that Venky's favour a younger, up and coming manager I think he's the best candidate. Name me any better ones in that category?

My preference over all would probably be Curbishley or Holloway.

Poyet is easily head and shoulders above Di Canio wouldnt you say? Then you have people like Solskjaer as well as Karl Robinson too along the same lines as Di Canio if not better. No "outstanding" option from the younger ones IMO.

Archived