BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DE im not saying i want him, no way, he was terrible at ipswich and not much better at sunderland, just saying his name stands out more than dross like flitcroft and black

Didn't he get Sunderland promoted or have I imagined that?

Either way, not the right man for the job at Ewood.

theres something about Roy Keane that really has me intrigued. I think it might be the way he would openly criticise the players when they have a bad game. That approach may just work for us after having a compulsive liar at the helm for so long.

Well we would see it all the time seeing as he's a shocking manager.

Ask DE4Life to ask some Ipswich fans what they think of Keane.....then we'll see if anyone still wants him.

The media love Roy Keane. Venky's love the media.

Out of all the names I have read, this one has to be the most likely. I know Shebby talks of our owners turning a corner, but we all know in reality that this will never happen.

The stuff about Rhodes and Keane just make this an even juicier prospect for all those involved in the profiteering.

I'm sure if the media keep printing a different name every day they will finally land on one who gets the job. Talk about scatter gun approach, then they all claim an exclusive after the event.

Watching the events of the last few days, i've seen so many people give so many conflicting stories, be that they will go for young, to the they will go for experienced, its quite laughable really.

Truth is Rovers dont even know which way they will go now, they had a list of their own idea's and now loads have chucked their names in the hat. So its rather a big list now.

I was confident on one manager a couple of weeks ago and will keep that under my hat for now, as there is that many names now i'm not too sure which way they will jump.

I said he'd be German a couple of weeks ago and I will stick at that for now.

Eric Black shows he is not a Steve Kean stooge (link to Eric Black topic)

http://www.brfcs.com...20#entry1317084

Clearly thinking about his next job, whether that is with Kean or another person he can be a yes man for. People like this are probably installed in positions all over our beloved club because of Kean. Fingers crossed we appoint someone who is capable of seeing how slimy some of these individuals are and isn't afraid to give them the boot.

• Backroom

I'm sure if the media keep printing a different name every day they will finally land on one who gets the job. Talk about scatter gun approach, then they all claim an exclusive after the event.

Watching the events of the last few days, i've seen so many people give so many conflicting stories, be that they will go for young, to the they will go for experienced, its quite laughable really.

Truth is Rovers dont even know which way they will go now, they had a list of their own idea's and now loads have chucked their names in the hat. So its rather a big list now.

I was confident on one manager a couple of weeks ago and will keep that under my hat for now, as there is that many names now i'm not too sure which way they will jump.

I said he'd be German and I will stick at that for now.

Don't 'keep it under your hat' and then tease with 'he'll be german' when you JUST stated that even Rovers don't know. I appreciate your efforts recently, but if you don't know, then just say that and stick with that. Say who you'd LIKE, sure. But no need to pretend you know something we don't, when you don't. After months of Kean being a twazzock, we don't need more irritation on here.

Don't 'keep it under your hat' and then tease with 'he'll be german' when you JUST stated that even Rovers don't know. I appreciate your efforts recently, but if you don't know, then just say that and stick with that. Say who you'd LIKE, sure. But no need to pretend you know something we don't, when you don't. After months of Kean being a twazzock, we don't need more irritation on here.

My bet is already on, like I said had an incline a couple of weeks back, but now no-one knows because there is that many names names out there, So on that basis, I dont need to name who I thought it would be. If I get an indication its a goer as always I will post it

On who I'd like, I'm not too sure to be honest, as more and more names appear, more become more appealing than others

My bet is already on, like I said had an incline a couple of weeks back, but now no-one knows because there is that many names names out there, So on that basis, I dont need to name who I thought it would be. If I get an indication its a goer as always I will post it

On who I'd like, I'm not too sure to be honest, as more and more names appear, more become more appealing than others

Do you believe the majority of these links are legit though Glen? I'm sure i'm wrong, but i can't remember anyone of the ilk of Schuster ever being interested in managing us when we were a PL side. Now, after the most turbulent 2 years in our history, playing in the english 2nd teir and the club closely resembling the Billy Smart circus we are attracting managers of real calibre?! The suspicious side of me wonders where these links are coming from.

Do you believe the majority of these links are legit though Glen? I'm sure i'm wrong, but i can't remember anyone of the ilk of Schuster ever being interested in managing us when we were a PL side. Now, after the most turbulent 2 years in our history, playing in the english 2nd teir and the club closely resembling the Billy Smart circus we are attracting managers of real calibre?! The suspicious side of me wonders where these links are coming from.

Thats a very good question, some of the names are obvious and pop up for all jobs. The ex-players come as no surprise either, I believe Schuster will also be genuine due to certain links he has with Shebby Singh.

Love him or hate him, Shebby Singh does have some massive footballing contacts worldwide and in particular in Spain, Germany , Croatia and Portugal. Its these links which could bare the fruits of an established European coach, although the worry would be , how they adapt to the English Championship.

Its like anything, people use their contacts and we are in the position where we have someone at the club who has them

Watching Salgados time line today has been interesting, I could just imagine his facial expression when fans tweeted Schuster's name, Umm! maybe a quick phone call.

Still think Ragnick will come into contention, what he did at Hoffenhiem was legendary in the extreme. Not afraid to drop down the leagues as he did when taking their job on.

Have a feeling this is Glens man.

Roy Keane? F*** no. Horrific manager, failed miserably at both Black Cats and Ipswich. I'd rather have Roy Orbinson (would never ever do the "would rather have Steve Kean" joke, though!)

NFW. Horrible divisive failure who destroyed Ipswich. In all honesty I would prefer Kean to Keane and that is how deeply i feel about how awful he would be.

Thats a very good question, some of the names are obvious and pop up for all jobs. The ex-players come as no surprise either, I believe Schuster will also be genuine due to certain links he has with Shebby Singh.

Love him or hate him, Shebby Singh does have some massive footballing contacts worldwide and in particular in Spain, Germany , Croatia and Portugal. Its these links which could bare the fruits of an established European coach, although the worry would be , how they adapt to the English Championship.

Its like anything, people use their contacts and we are in the position where we have someone at the club who has them

Well you won't hear me bad mouthing Shebby Singh for the time being. He is unorthadox but i must admit that thus far i think he's been a positive influence around the place. The first and biggest obstacle has been removed and for his part in that (whatever that may or may not be) i am extremely grateful for that.

Ii'm gald to hear he has contacts in football. This will be no end of help to our owners who clearly have nobody but agents to guide them through the muddy waters. I hear what your saying about foreign managers adapting to the English game. But i think the vast majority of fans will be happy (in light of the last 24 months) to have anyone who even resembles a professional football manager in charge. I just have my reservations about why some of these names are 'throwing their hat in the ring' when we must be one of the least attractive propositions in European football. As with everything Rovers, it just makes no logical sense.

Providing the next appointment is sensible, i hope they are given a fair crack of the whip by the fans and the owners. This Kean debacle will have altered a few mindsets at home and in Pune. I hope they don't lurch from being overly patient to trigger happy if we get a decent manager in place.

NFW. Horrible divisive failure who destroyed Ipswich. In all honesty I would prefer Kean to Keane and that is how deeply i feel about how awful he would be.

He's not high on my list either to be honest. But i do hope we get somebody who is willing to ruffle a few feathers. It seems obvious to me that this squad has been taking it easy for at least 18 months.

I really think with the quality we have, a good coach really should take us up. Yes the Championship can be hard to adapt to, but Robbo, Givet, Martin Olsson, CKR, Etuhu, Vukicevic, Rocinha, Gomes and Rhodes all have done or would look at home in the Premier League (though next season if we go up Gomes may not). Additionally people like Leon Best (when fit), Dann (if part of a well drilled defence) would be amongst the leading players in this league but might fall short in the PL.

One thing that I am happy with is our current squad, I was fearing the worst when we got relegated but we managed to keep some good players and add some real quality.

no thx to Roy keane. Actually I don't want anyone with kean in their name.

Schuster looks interesting and glen posted that they were interested in someone german, dunno if it's him or not.

But Germans play man to man defense, and I think many clubs in spain does aswell. I remember last year when Ståle solbakken went from Fc copenhagen to cologne. He tried to implement zonal marking bit the players had a really hard time adapting and their defense were a disaster. So that's the only thing I'm worried about if we get a German manager.

I want a manager who Is ready to utilize and improving our academy players and not just buy has beens or foreign ones. Anyone know what schuster usually do?

Archived