BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather have another Hughes who comes in for 2/3/4 years, performs miracles and then moves on to a bigger club, leaving a bit of a legacy behind.

I know, I know. I just yearn for a manager that wants to be here for the long haul haha. Maybe if we moved our stadium to the edge of a fjord we would stand a better chance.

Also a name that is mention in the Independent article at the bottom of it is Paulo Sousa.He has experience of working in the Championship and was very unlucky not to take Swansea into the Playoffs. missing out by 1 goal. Could be a outside chance of getting the job.

My ex-housemate at uni was a Swansea fan and he rated him...said later on that he doesn't get enough credit for the level that Swansea are at these days......sacked from Leicester after 8 games or something like that but he likes to play with the ball on the deck and maybe it would have just taken time to implement it....just speculation on my part but I wouldn't mind if Sousa was appointed.

I have that feeling about him though! I have heard all sorts about his lack of tactical knowledge and he'll need a world class team to be seen as a good manager, we don't have that haha! :)

I agree about Klinsmann.....it would be a bit like wanting Avram Grant because he almost won the Champions League with Chelsea.

Some interesting new names coming up for sure.. seeing Ole and Schuster in there makes me wonder why we would still be wanting to try and talk to Sherwood..

List so far for me would be topped by Schuster followed by Ole, Daum and Grayson..

A few maybes in there only because I doubt we could get them like Holloway (who I doubt we could get) and Curbs (who I dont think would come)

Agree with all of that.

On the other hand, it would be refreshing to have a manager who doesn't lie to us after we've lost a game. :D

I agree in the sense that Keane's man-management skills are a double-edged sword. He has the discipline of Cloughie & Fergie but none of their people skills. It could work against him or it could straighten up a very disorganized group of players.

And did he really do *that* badly at Sunderland? I know the wheels came off in the PL, but they were rock bottom of The Championship when he took over and he steered them to the title.

I'll put this down to a case of the Soueys. My head says NO but my heart says WHY NOT?

It was only 4 games into the Championship I think.....4 games into the Prem last season, Wolves were in the top 4 I believe.....not a fan of Keane as a manager.....him, Shearer and Fltcroft shouldn't be considered imo.....great player though.

Regarding this sarcastic comment and to digress a little but why is Guardiola regarded in the same echelons of management as Mourinho? Guardiola has managed one team and luckily got the era when Lionel Messi came of age. My nan could have managed that Barcelona side to numerous trophies.

When it comes to tactical nous Guardiola has been found out time and time again, then spits his dummy out and claims his side won the moral victory by playing the better football. Most over-rated manager methinks and whilst he would never come here in a million years I honestly don't think he'd be as good as people think if he did.

Guardiola's only a good manager because of Messi? What about the games he doesn't play in and they still win......he's clearly a good manager.....hence 2 seasons ago when they won every competition they entered.....but Barca is a weird one because they play the same way throughout the youth system......still has something about him and you still need to be a good manager....otherwise why would they bother to pay for one?

Rijkaard was a good manager and Barca didn't win anything of note in 06/07 or 07/08.....alright Messi was a bit younger but Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o. Henry, Puyol, Ronaldinho etc are still pretty decent players.

Then Guardiola comes and they're the first Spanish side to ever win the treble.

Just seen OGS pre-match press conference quotes. I have got to say, from these quotes, he would definitely be interested. I'm sure he has some reservations but for me he's the stand out candidate from all the rumoured candidates anyway.

I have said previously that I would prefer experience and there are some exceptional older candidates rumoured to be interested but he seems to be on the rise and after reading up more on him, he seems to be somebody I would be able to trust to run the team.

It would be foolish of Solskjær to rule anything out at this stage. He might be eager to find out more about the job so gets his manager/friend Jim Solbakken to gather more information. I am pretty sure between here and him accepting the job is a loooong stretch - he's not one to make hasty decisions.

Quite interested in Solskjaer and Larsson. Both of these are up and coming managers who seem to be intelligent and insightful as well as being ambitious and well thought of. Great contacts as well.

Shearer on the other hand proves every time he is on TV that he is too lazy to do any proper research and so I don't think he could hack it as a manager. You have to be thorough and willing to put the hours in and I can't see Shearer being bothered to do this. I can't imagine him at reserve games and spending his nights watching players up and down the country. He is still tainted for me by his "no-one knows anything about him" comments about French international Ben Arfa. Can't imagine ferguson or Wenger saying that. Maybe his lazyness is just down to him being in a confort zone but I suspect it is just what he's like and he could only succeed as a figurehead with other people doing all the work.

Quite interested in Solskjaer and Larsson. Both of these are up and coming managers who seem to be intelligent and insightful as well as being ambitious and well thought of.

Similar in playing career....chalk and cheese in managerial terms.

Solskjaer won his team's first title in 100 years and is on course to do it again.

Larsson is struggling in the Swedish second division and was subject of Kean-esque protests from home fans because he was doing so badly. We can't take a risk on him with his current record.

Derek Shaw blowing smoke up Keans arse on 5 live.

I wouldn't worry about it too much someone has to put the knife into Kean's constructive dismissals claims.

Not heard the interview but needs to read like this

• Very talented up and coming manager, did a good job in difficult circumstances (Fans)
  • Well regarded would be a great addition to any football club, will be back in management very soon, etc..
  • Had the full support and unwavering support of everyone who runs the football club and owners
  • All very disappointed things have turned out this way, no-one running the club wanted or expected this
  • But... part and parcel of football we all have to move on, wish Kean the best of luck...

... and hopefully with that we will see the back of the slimeball, now how do we get those documents back from the FA, football league and premier league?

With applicants coming thick and fast and the season being a 46 game season then the international break makes more sense . I'd go as far as saying this is one of the biggest decisions in the history of our club. We can Ill afford a knee jerk reaction or to get it wrong .

Another uninspirIng match , but a clean sheet and a point . If results go well Saturday we could be top again . So it's not the end of the world . If we was sat in the relegation zone I could understand the panic , however a rushed decision is just not what we need . Get the right man in , and give him 35 games to get us up

Glen pr Kamy, How many applicants has they been so far???

I believe we have had some very good managers apply for the job so far that have shock Shebby???

Archived