BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

I would be happy if Sousa got the job.

If he was called Paul Smith and not Paulo Sousa, nobody want want him near the job.

What's wrong with Paulo Sousa? Other than his disaster at Leicester City, he actually did pretty well at Queen Park Ranger

No he didn't. He won 26.9% of games. That's about the same level as Kean.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why they are waiting until next week to put a shortlist together... Why not do it now?

To be honest I think Shebby Singh and friends have already put a shortlist together, he's just saying he hasn't so that the players and Eric Black won't get distracted by the speculation about who the new boss will be. I think Shebby Singh is holding his cards close to his chest and will only reveal them over the international break.

Not sure why they are waiting until next week to put a shortlist together... Why not do it now?

I still don't think that steve kean's resignation has sunk in yet for me, after all the time he was in charge, now that he is gone it just feels weird - in a good way.

Most probably still getting CV's sent through Lukey. Once all are in they'll produce a short list from there, I would have thought.

It's great to hear that there's so much interest in the Rovers job, but not all that surprising given that we've won the Premier League. Managers across the globe are more likely to know our name, history and tradition than half (or even two-thirds) of the teams in the top flight at the moment.

Talk of a "young, dynamic" manager is all well and good, but if someone like Bernd Schuster comes calling it's madness to turn them down. (That said, I'm not sure he would appreciate the working conditions under Venky's, but you never know.)

Fair enough, I hope that is the case. Just going quitely about their business talking with managers, not letting anything out to the media.... would probably be one of the most appropriate and well run processes that has been accomplished in recent times if true?

If Schuster has really applied for the job, like the articles are saying, then he would definitely be my number 1 preference.

Yeah definitely the two preferred options. I'd be over the moon with either to be honest, however Schuster is the man if you want experience.

Itd be absolute madness to choose Eric Black, Sherwood, Shearer, Flitcroft etc. if we were able to get Schuster or OGS

For sure Bernard Schuster is the number 1 choice for many people, but so is Ole Gunner Solskyjaer. I think it's fair to say the community is split between the two. Maybe we should have a vote for them.

For me Solskjaer is the better option. I think he'd generate a bigger buzz around the club and would genuinely unite everyone.

Alex Ferguson used to say he liked using him as a super sub because, whilst his team mates were jumping around and shouting, OGS would just sit there observing the game, looking for opposition weaknesses. That's why he scored so many as a sub. It seems like those years have helped in management, what he's achieved at Molde is fantastic.

We know he'll be settled immediately in the area as well, and there would be no language issues (how is Schuster's English?).

Keep your Kean out t shirt and add an E if Roy Keane comes.........Dalglish & Souness with their Liverpool backgrounds have done us proud before so another ex Liverpool manager is ok for me.Benitez please

All these names that everyone puts forward.. Will it be that Venkys simply override all opinion and sense in favour of a some kind of daft publicity stunt...Maradona or someone just as silly

Andy Cryer - McCarthy would be perfect For the Rovers Job

http://www.talksport...urn-job-182306?

I respectfully disagree. Especially with names like Bernrd Schuster and Ole Gunner Solskjaer coming in, it would be daft to drop them all in favor of Mick McCarthy.

And it seems that almost everyone in the media have forgotten about his reign at Sunderland. They're only mentioning how he kept Wolverhampton up by their skin of their teeth, but his 18-point disaster during Sunderland's brief stay in the Premiership will always remain on my mind. Even worse than Roy Keane, if you ask me.

Andy Cryer - McCarthy would be perfect For the Rovers Job

http://www.talksport...urn-job-182306?

I genuinely think McCarthy would guarantee us promotion if he came in. He knows how to get out of this league.

He wouldn't be as long term as Solskjaer or Schuster because there are serious doubts over his ability in the PL, but we could just cross that bridge when/if we came to it.

I don't think OGS or Schuster would be long term either if they did well because bigger clubs would then come fishing pretty quickly.

I think OGS would be slightly more long term, he'd have to prove himself in the Premier League for at least a couple of seasons before bigger clubs came calling. Unless he had an outstanding debut season like Rodgers - but then he'd leave us in a very strong position to carry on progressing (again, like Swansea).

This Rovers team is unfit, disorganised and demotivated and it needs a strong character like McCarthy to sort it out. I admit he's no managerial genius but he's just what we need at this present time and know how to get results in his division. I think with a bit of luck he could get us promoted this season and should be given a short-term contract with a bonus if promotion is achieved. The club could then the look at the situation again next summer.

This Rovers team is unfit, disorganised and demotivated and it needs a strong character like McCarthy to sort it out. I admit he's no managerial genius but he's just what we need at this present time and know how to get results in his division. I think with a bit of luck he could get us promoted this season and should be given a short-term contract with a bonus if promotion is achieved. The club could then the look at the situation again next summer.

If Solskjaer is unavailable/unattainable then that is my preferred option at the moment.

I'm beginning to go off the idea of Schuster. His record is pretty much a 50/50 split between good and bad jobs. Take out his year at Real Madrid and it's nothing special. He hasn't achieved anything relevant to the Rovers job since Getafe over 5 years ago. Might as well go for Curbishley if we're looking that far back, at least he did it in England.

I'd obviously take him above the other names, but after OGS and McCarthy.

Schuster not the best with smaller clubs, is he, failed several times to gain promotion, I'd hope he has learnt enough to reverse his earlier track record. In his last appointment he filled the squad with Portuguese players also taking Guti out of Sam's reach, eventually sacked, (from wiki) making controversial statements and walking out of press conferences, He was criticized by the Turkish media for trying to implement a reckless attacking style of play.

Hmm! have we not just endured similar.

Is he a big club big budget manager?

Must admit swaying towards OGS out of the two so called favourites.

I would have been happy with McCarthy or Robinson until I heard the BS and OGS rumours. Either of those would be great. I keep changing my mind as to which I prefer - so i've decided not to try anymore and see what happens. In Shebby I trust (have to after he got rid of K**n)

Imo Schuster represents the best of the experienced applicants and Solksjaer represents the best of the young progressive managers , i suppose its down to shebby to convince Mrs D which option would be best

Solskjær wants the united job. If he joins us and does well maybe he gets it. if he does well and don't get it he may stay with us long term due to our location. he lives in kristianssund now. Its roughly 1 hour drive to molde, he drives to work and home everyday. if he wants to move back to manchester there are limited top clubs in that region. There is rovers, bolton (ok neither of the clubs are in the top flight now), everton, liverpool, maybe stoke (a bit far away perhaps).

i dont see him accepting a liverpool job, he may accept an offer from everton, and i think he will rather be manager for blackburn than bolton. Stoke's philosophy won't appeal for him and its maybe too far away from his home. If leeds fight their way back maybe that would be tempting but leeds and manchester united have their rivalry.

So in conclusion i think that if he accepts an offer from rovers he may be here longer than we think if he's succesful and doesn't get the united job when sir alex retires

edit: just like to add that i don't think he will accept an offer, and think he will stay in norway for at least 1 more year.

Solskjær has been linked to 4 or 5 different english clubs over the last 2 years. This is not a once in a lifetime opportunity for him. He will get offers in the future too if he declines

Archived