BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of all names mentioned ,

only three names sounds interesting ..... OGS , shuster , daum

i hope they don't go for shearer .... but i also feel if we go OGS route we need a OLD head as DOF to do some spring cleaning and set-up back our academy and help setting up a board and structure ....just feel too much mess for young manager like OGS.

I don't have any faith in anyone at Rovers making a sensible decision because even without Kean the club is still a complete circus. Remember that they didn't even sack Kean in the end but stalled and looked like they were going to keep him on. On saying that they might get lucky, here's hoping. I'm thinking OGS as I'm sure they wouldn't appoint an old stager like McCarthy.

Just checking the odds. Didn't realise what a hot favourite OGS is. He's evens or there abouts with the nearest other candidates being about 4s or 5s.

Who's going to be first to start the rumour that Steve Kean and his Glasgow gangster cohorts faked his own resignation so they could cream a fortune off the bookies. What price Kean on the bench on Saturday I wonder.

I wouldnt trust anyone from Venkys to manage a FIFA13 team ,let alone get this massive decision right. How can the stupid cow get it right when shes only ever been to one game in her life and didnt sack numb nuts. Im very worried .

Just checking the odds. Didn't realise what a hot favourite OGS is. He's evens or there abouts with the nearest other candidates being about 4s or 5s.

Who's going to be first to start the rumour that Steve Kean and his Glasgow gangster cohorts faked his own resignation so they could cream a fortune off the bookies. What price Kean on the bench on Saturday I wonder.

would anyone be shocked though.Ploy to sell tickets...get the suckers in.

Not so much as to hold his hand but to reinforce the qualities of Alan Shearer so that we get a better all-round package.

What qualities? Being the biggest stuffed-shirt on MOTD?

It would be Venky's-esque to appoint someone with a worse PL record than Kean, though.

I don't have any faith in anyone at Rovers making a sensible decision because even without Kean the club is still a complete circus. Remember that they didn't even sack Kean in the end but stalled and looked like they were going to keep him on. On saying that they might get lucky, here's hoping. I'm thinking OGS as I'm sure they wouldn't appoint an old stager like McCarthy.

I was actually about to post something similar.

A lot of the names so far (McCarthy, Solksjaer, Schuster) are all good shouts, and any club in our position would be seriously considering them, but this is Venky's we're dealing with here. As you quite rightly pointed out, they were still stalling over Kean's future to the point that it took a resignation to finally see the back of him. They've monumentally screwed up every major decision at the club thus far. What makes people think they're going to stop now?

Oh right, Shebby Singh and his box of tricks.

What qualities? Being the biggest stuffed-shirt on MOTD?

It would be Venky's-esque to appoint someone with a worse PL record than Kean, though.

That's a bit harsh. I would suggest that his players would respect him, although he is dreadful on screen, he's actually very charismatic in person. Serving under the likes of Keegan, Dalglish and Bobby Robson, he will have picked up a few things.

It've very difficult to pass too much judgement on his managerial ability as he's only been one for six games(?). He could easily be hit or miss, like most candidates linked to the job. My biggest concern with Shearer would be who is he likely to surround himself with and i'm not confident on the names being touted, so would therefore not go for him myself. But the chap clearly has some qualities.

How about an ex England manager for the job?

Capelllo

Mclaren

Ericsson

Keegan

Taylor

Hoddle

Mike Bassett?

Even those supposedly in the know can make a hash of it. (REPEATEDLY!!!!!!)

In Shebby we trust.

Hiccup,

more beer wench!

That's a bit harsh. I would suggest that his players would respect him, although he is dreadful on screen, he's actually very charismatic in person. Serving under the likes of Keegan, Dalglish and Bobby Robson, he will have picked up a few things.

It've very difficult to pass too much judgement on his managerial ability as he's only been one for six games(?). He could easily be hit or miss, like most candidates linked to the job. My biggest concern with Shearer would be who is he likely to surround himself with and i'm not confident on the names being touted, so would therefore not go for him myself. But the chap clearly has some qualities.

+1

molde beating stuttgart 2-0 now, not too shabby really. If they go through from the group stages interests around him is really gonna hit sky high

Possible his stock might right too high for us at this rate.

I've got no doubt that he's the real deal.

molde beating stuttgart 2-0 now, not too shabby really. If they go through from the group stages interests around him is really gonna hit sky high

Stuttgart is quite a scalp for them, they finished sixth last year and the Bundesliga is as strong as the PL nowadays (just look at Dortmund vs City the other night).

I guess the one hope is that he might only want to move his family again if it's back to the north west of England.

Odds affected by wishful thinking more than anything me thinks. Still early days...

The Shearer bashing on here is absolutely ridiculous!

He managed 8 games!!! No wonder he has a worse record, that's just totally unfair.

Obafemi Martins refused to play & Joey Barton was got sent off for him, not to mention that they were already doomed.

He's not my first choice but just to balance things up...

SHEARER IN!!!

Odds affected by wishful thinking more than anything me thinks. Still early days...

I haven't actually read any of Solskjaer's comments on the matter, but I'm bored so I thought I'd Google. It's more promising that I thought!

"We have gone up this path before and it is only speculation. It will happen when it happens, that I have to pick up the phone to [Molde owner] Kjell Inge Rokke regarding a job offer, but I have not spoken to Blackburn as yet. I cannot say any more about Blackburn now."

Hardly a flat-out "no".

The Shearer bashing on here is absolutely ridiculous!

He managed 8 games!!! No wonder he has a worse record, that's just totally unfair.

Obafemi Martins refused to play & Joey Barton was got sent off for him, not to mention that they were already doomed.

He's not my first choice but just to balance things up...

SHEARER IN!!!

Well said.

Impossible to judge from eight games. It wasn't like it was the opening eight games to a season either, but the closing eight. Newcastle were already in a huge mess, nobody can turn a season round in eight games.

I have a feeling that people are expecting a big name and everyone is gearing themselves up for disappointment.

In a few cases I wonder who our own fans think we are to be honest. I doubt we can snap up a big name just like that although I'd love to be proved wrong!

I disagree tbh...maybe a minority are....I would argue that deep down the majority know Venky's will make the wrong decision.....the biggest name we've been linked with is Schuster who has managed lower-end La Liga teams before....it's not like we're expecting Rijkaard or Slaven Bilic or someone....and the Benitez thing is just because he wants to stay in the North West and most highly doubt he would come anyway.

Ince worked with the greatest manager in the last 20 odd years.......in Shearer's 8 games in charge of Newcastle,...they lost at home to Chelsea, drew away at Stoke, lost away at Spurs, drew at home to Portsmouth, lost away at Liverpool, beat Boro, lost at home to Fulham, then lost away at Villa.....some hard fixtures in there but in particular losing at home to a Fulham side who are normally dire away from home and drawing at home to Portsmouth isn't very good.

You could argue Newcastle were on a downward slide and 8 games might not have been enough time but who better to motivate a team then a proper club legend.....obviously having Iain Dowie is not ideal but that's who we will have as well if Shearer came......this point has been made several times now but proper managers when doing punditry work offer fantastic insight into games......Souness is the perfect example of this......Shearer on the other hand states the obvious and not once has he ever impressed me with his reading of the game......doesn't guarantee anything but Ince and Kean have mostly put me off experience for the time being.....Solksjaer possibly being an exception if we can't get some other targets.

If Shearer gets the Rovers manager job, I will totally back him and I reckon he will be a success here.

He will bring in Newell and Dowie with him. I can see Black staying on as part of his coaching staff aswell. But Brunskill and Hendry will be gone.

Archived