BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Shaw sounds like the meekest, most ill informed, most un-autharitive yes men a bunch of clueless indian famers could wish to ever employ. He has the exact same utterly pathetic tone to his voice as he who i will never name again has

IMO, the guy is so uninspiring. Reminds me of the old type who used to run the local sweet shop - IMO, that's his level.

Why? You throw your darts at the board and that's what it came up with?

Poor Chaddy, lad doesn't half cop for some stick !

He'll be lying awake thinking about all this tonight !

i'll go Ossie Ardiles, Peter Reid, Maradonna, Shebby in disguise

Shaw the other day when interviewed made it sound like he has no involvement in the process mumbling somthing along the lines of not being in the loop, so i guess it is only shebby thats need impressing the man who thinks Gerrard should be a fullback, i have very low expectations of a sensible choice

Quite interested in Solskjaer and Larsson. Both of these are up and coming managers who seem to be intelligent and insightful as well as being ambitious and well thought of. Great contacts as well.

Shearer on the other hand proves every time he is on TV that he is too lazy to do any proper research and so I don't think he could hack it as a manager. You have to be thorough and willing to put the hours in and I can't see Shearer being bothered to do this. I can't imagine him at reserve games and spending his nights watching players up and down the country. He is still tainted for me by his "no-one knows anything about him" comments about French international Ben Arfa. Can't imagine ferguson or Wenger saying that. Maybe his lazyness is just down to him being in a confort zone but I suspect it is just what he's like and he could only succeed as a figurehead with other people doing all the work.

I don't think this is what we need. Not doubting Gunnars ability I just think we need more of a been there done that sort of manager. One with a proven track record of success, Curbs style.

I think if Solskjaer is interested then we have to take it very seriously indeeed. We can't attract the established top drawer managers of this world at present so the only chance of getting someone who is potentially real top drawer is to take a punt on a promising up and comer.

Just because it didn't work with Ince doesn't mean it can't work in future. I'd far rather we took a punt on someone like Solskjaer, Robinson or Di Canio than on a tired washed up old hack like MCCarthy or Curbishley.

I'm not including Kean in that equation because he was never even a manager in the first place.

IMO if Schuster and OGS have applied for the job.. get either of them em in now.. sod the waiting etc.. we have as good as they get in terms of candidates lets not be daft and wait for one of em to take a job at bolton etc....

In my own profession (web consultancy/dev of the highest level) if I find a candidate of a level that is superior to what I expect then I hire them on the spot.. You simply do not kean around with the like of schuster/OGS/?/? They are too good for that kind of treatment.

IMO if Schuster and OGS have applied for the job.. get either of them em in now.. sod the waiting etc.. we have as good as they get in terms of candidates lets not be daft and wait for one of em to take a job at bolton etc....

I agree completely. No old hacks or Championship battlers who get relegated from the Premiership..

We want someone who will maximise the results with what we have and build from it to take us to Premiership competitiveness.

And if Tugay wants to join the backroom staff, grab him. A Rovers legend who loves the club and has a footballing brain.

John

Brisbane

What's wrong with Paulo Sousa? Other than his disaster at Leicester City, he actually did pretty well at Queen Park Rangers, Swansea and his new club Vincento (or however you spell it, the Hungarian club). I'm not sure why people are criticizing him and against him for joining. Note that I'm not advocating him, but I'm curious about the hostility directed toward him. Or is it merely because it was braddock who said he wouldn't mind and everyone is just having a go at him?

I think the hold-up right now is deciding between Ole Gunner Solskjaer and Schuster. Shebby Singh right now is probably debating which of the two he should go for - an illustrious manager with lots of experience at the highest level, or a young, promising and upcoming manager who could very well stay with us for a long time to come and lead us to the ultimate heights of football. Maybe, this is just me speculating though.

Shebby debating? Shebby thinking? :lol:

Like I said, it was just speculation. But you've to admit, Shebby does think of some crazy stuff, like Steven Gerrard playing at right back, etc. Then again, it was his crazy ideas that got us Nuno Gomes and Jordan Rhodes, so maybe it's a good thing.

Not sure why they are waiting until next week to put a shortlist together... Why not do it now?

I still don't think that steve kean's resignation has sunk in yet for me, after all the time he was in charge, now that he is gone it just feels weird - in a good way.

The reaction to Shaw's comments is ridiculous. The company he works for are about to be subjected to a lawsuit from a former employee for wrongful dismissal, and you expect him to go out in public and criticise the guy suing them?! He did exactly the right thing by the club saying what he said. Ditto Shebby yesterday. You don't need to be a genius to figure out their motives.

Archived