BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A word of caution on OGS, wasn't AVB getting the kind of results and being talked about as the next big thing before his disastrous spell at Chelsea?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we got him but it would be a gamble, some people are talking as if OGS would be a guaranteed hit. The remark from Fergie about him 'studying the game' from the sidelines sounds more like Fergie excusing his constant position on the bench rather than promoting him a a manager and I'm sure SAF has said similar things about Paul Ince and looked how that turned out.

I'd be more happy getting OGS if we were a solid but safe mid-table Prem team but if he does get the gig I don't think we can just 'expect' promotion from him with a zero record in English professional football.

The diffence is AVB came from portugal. Solskjær has played 10 years for manchester, coached the reserve team for 3 years, he know english football better than AVB.

noone is a guaranteed hit, but you imo you have to take a calculated gamble once in a while. (Youknowwho were not a calculated gamble, just utter madness)

A word of caution on OGS, wasn't AVB getting the kind of results and being talked about as the next big thing before his disastrous spell at Chelsea?

To be fair, I think AVB will still turn out to be a brilliant manager, he just didn't fit at Chelsea. Too many egos there didn't like a young manager coming and trying to change things. At Spurs that doesn't seem to be a problem, they've had a good start and made some good signings.

To be fair, I think AVB will still turn out to be a brilliant manager

I agree. There was a .pdf floating about (scouting report for Newcastle I think, was a fair few years ago now) that he wrote. The attention to detail was ridiculous, I doubt even the fans of Newcastle could have wrote up such a well documented file about their team and tactics haha.

Obviously the step up to manage a team like Chelsea with the players that Mourinho uses.. It was never going to be easy. As LeChuck says, the ego's alone would cause enough issues, then there was the added pressure of him making his mark and being different to Mourinho.. It was a tough gig but at Tottenham he will find it a lot easier. I would take AVB here in a heartbeat.

The strange thing is, OGS really does remind me of AVB. Meticulous eye for detail, young and hungry, great tactical awareness.. The difference is, OGS has a very long and arduous playing career. I believe he could manage the egos of senior players a lot better than AVB showed at Chelsea.

Hmmm, not sure that interview convinces me that there's plenty of interest in the job. He doth protest too much I think and came across as trying too hard to reassure the fans

I would be very surprised if the vacant job interests any decent managers ...

Been told to stick some cash on Billy Davies, not even looked at the odds yet.

I was told that on Monday ...Spooky

Ignore anyone that says anything like that. They haven't even shortlisted yet!

I'm not gonna go silly, its 33/1 so a few quid won't do any harm. I'm not daft enough to think he's a dead cert to get the job either but this ain't coming from a 15 year old just plucking names out of a hat.

I have faith in Shebby and Rao's brothers to bring in the right manager.

just have to be patience for the minute.

I can see the new manager being appoint by next Saturday.

The Rao's Brothers are over for the Wolves game on Saturday and hopefully meeting potential new managers next week with Shebby.

nicko reckons shearer is getting some big backing, i would put my money on al, would be the kind of appointment that would lift the fans as long as he has experienced people behind him

Rumour has it that his backroom staff will be Mike Newel and Ian Dowie - apparently his backroom at Newcastle.

Not impressed if true - not impressed at all.

Shearer would need an assistant in the Ray Wilkins mould to pull it off IMO.

Cant see that happening so Im def. not a fan of Shearer coming here.

Just an opinion :-)

Rumour has it that his backroom staff will be Mike Newel and Ian Dowie - apparently his backroom at Newcastle.

Not impressed if true - not impressed at all.

Shearer would need an assistant in the Ray Wilkins mould to pull it off IMO.

Cant see that happening so Im def. not a fan of Shearer coming here.

Just an opinion :-)

Yeah, I agree totally with this. Not anti-Shearer or anything but he would have to bring a successful experienced man with him and he's too much of an old boys type of guy. IF he brought in a number 2 who had achieved a lot in a coaching capacity, then I would be much more welcoming.

Archived