BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

I'd be 100% happy with Curbishley.

Just hope Venkys don't let us down. I've honoured my vow to Venkys, I said I wouldn't put another penny in their pocket whilst Kean was around. I have persuaded two workmates to come along and ordered three tickets this morning for the Sheffield Wednesday game.

My message to Desai is spend that £87 wisely and there will be plenty more to come!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a passing comment, spoke with Alan Curbishley an hour ago...asked him outright if he's consider the rovers job...basically, he'd take the job if he's offered..

I a little bit, accidentally told him he'd be loved by the fans if he came..... :D he would be though right? I'd be very happy if he was offered the gig

I understand that Curbishley has been sounded out before during Kean's reign - in fact there were strong rumours in London circles that he would replace Kean and he was just waiting for the axe to fall.

Whether he gets chance now under different circumstances, and possible requirements, is debateable.

No doubt, the central area of JW Upper will see some very familiar managerial faces tomorrow.

It will be no surprise to see Dowie & Newell there ;)

The thought of Dowie on our coaching staff makes me cringe.

No doubt, the central area of JW Upper will see some very familiar managerial faces tomorrow.

It will be no surprise to see Dowie & Newell there ;)

I have no idea where Newell lives if its round here or down south and this may mean absolutely nothing but he was at Preston train station yesterday.

Curbishley is London...I doubt he would move up here and I don't want another manager like Kean who keeps his family home 200 miles from his place of employment. When you are paying someone x millions a year it's not unreasonable to ask them to live in the area. I also don't understand this enthusiasm for Curbishley - he's been out of the game for a long tome and although he did a good job at Charlton he failed miserably at West Ham.

Curbishley is London...I doubt he would move up here and I don't want another manager like Kean who keeps his family home 200 miles from his place of employment. When you are paying someone x millions a year it's not unreasonable to ask them to live in the area. I also don't understand this enthusiasm for Curbishley - he's been out of the game for a long tome and although he did a good job at Charlton he failed miserably at West Ham.

We don't know if he will move up here.

And he did a great job at West Ham.....he won 7 out of their last 9 matches to stay up then came 10th the next year....then they were relegated a few seasons later.

I think he did a great job at Charlton as well.....7 consecutive finishes from 7th to 14th, then look at them once he left.

I don't see how he failed at west ham, kept them up and got a decent mid table finish until he quit. Replaced with Zola who nearly got them relegated if I remember correct

For what its worth I am with you on this one been out of the game far too long imo.

Curbishley's a good pick but the issue with him besides the amount of time spent out of the game is that all his teams finish and pack up after Easter - 2 months early as his teams have nothing to play for from then on in. Happened a lot when he was at Charlton I seem to remember.

Curbishley resigned over transfer policy though so not sure if this will square with our Portuguese signing policy and especially not with Vinny Rao's Facebook/Championship manager effort last summer.

I thought they sold players behind his back?

Curbishley's a good pick but the issue with him besides the amount of time spent out of the game is that all his teams finish and pack up after Easter - 2 months early as his teams have nothing to play for from then on in. Happened a lot when he was at Charlton I seem to remember.

Yea, because they were comfortably mid-table and had nothing really to play for.....I long for those days and I will be far from the only one.

I don't believe we can afford to take the risk with Shearer. A bad appointment now and we will be finished for a very long time.

We need someone very reliable, we did have one in Sam and that's the sort of manager we should be looking for------tough, no nonsense, huge involvement in the English game etc etc.

One look at how Newcastle have been straightened out shows this is the way to go.

Curbishley has been there and done it and I'd be very happy with him.

Archived