BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

I have absolutely no idea who the next manager is going to be , just hope that Shebby has a clue .

What do Venkys want ?

Unambitious manager McCarthy , Curbs etc ?

Cheap option Black , Hendry , Hill ?

Roy Keane , volatile man but he could be what is needed behind the scenes and on the pitch ..Agnew will be looking forward to dealing with Roy !

Every managerial appointment is a risk , nothing is written i..

Only one man can get Ewood Park buzzing , that man is ALAN SHEARER , But can he manage ?

Unfortunately , the longer it goes it on and we win today against Wolves , Black is favourite ,possesion is 9 tenths of the law .

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shebby will go to Shearer was my opinion even when Kean was still in charge. He is a huge name and even the bros might have heard it. The short spell in Newcastle shouldn´t be noticed at all. They were going down in a big way and he couldn´t stop the train.

But he refused the Cardiff job in a last minute and has only been sitting on a studio couch at weekends. To me he sounds like a little bit chicken. To Venky´s chicken may be the voice they like. I think the job is Shearer´s if he takes it. I still have the posters of his in somewhere. My mother had no problem I kept those on the wall. Maybe I will know if the wife thinks the same??

If only you were from Burnley, you'd already know.

I dunno about Shearer sometimes his lack of knowledge on prem players is scary and it's his job to watch them week in week out think what he'll be like with the championship.

We may think it's Shearer's job to watch premiership football weekin, week out, but i assure you it's not. That's the job of BBC minions who then provide him with the bits of the match he's going to talk about. when you see those pundits up front, remember the work already done by APs, producers, researchers and editors. And Shearer still sounds like he knows nowt.

We are talking the same Roy Keane here that dumped Rhodes (yes our Rhodes) against the advise of fans and coaches alike, did an awful job at Sunderland and Ipswich, dumped us last second and went to ManU and has a peputation for being an egocentric fool.. http://www.sharethem...rgivable/260202

I don't like Roy Keane since he walked away from the 2002 World Cup, but in the above link I agree with him and it's the journo that is the egocentric fool.

Anyway there's no way I'd want him at Ewood, he simply hasn't established himself as a valid managerial option.

Resigned in a hissy fit over transfer policy, sold some of the best players and Hammers fans hated him with a passion.

If he were that good he would have been back in the game quickly but he's now been out of football since 2008 - why do you think that is ?

Rovers should steer well clear of Curbishley.

Wrong again Jim! He resigned because players were being sold because the club had some money problems. The recession hit and the money dried up from Iceland. Oh and like Tom says, Curbs has a higher win ratio than your hero Allardyce. Bet you don't like that eh??!!

Wrong again Jim! He resigned because players were being sold because the club had some money problems. The recession hit and the money dried up from Iceland. Oh and like Tom says, Curbs has a higher win ratio than your hero Allardyce. Bet you don't like that eh??!!

This is back in 2010 after big sam was given the boot!!

Next Blackburn Manager Odds

Betting on who will be the next permanent football manager at a club is an increasingly popular market to bet on, especially when it comes to clubs such as Blackburn Rovers. New Indian owners came in and promised Sam Allardyce time at the club and money to spend but he was unceremoniously sacked after several poor results. Steve Kean is in charge at the moment but he is under massive pressure and clearly unpopular with the club's fans, but it remains to be seen what the owners do next . Keep your eyes peeled on this page where we'll have the latest odds on who the next manager might be should Kean be the Next Manager to be Sacked.

I don't like Roy Keane since he walked away from the 2002 World Cup, but in the above link I agree with him and it's the journo that is the egocentric fool.

Anyway there's no way I'd want him at Ewood, he simply hasn't established himself as a valid managerial option.

Link was not from a journo it was a fan peice.. I live in East Anglia so very used to the opinions of both the Norwich and Ipswich fans.. Keane was a disaster (both in terms of transfer market and results) at both Ipswich and Sunderland so I dont get how he has established himself beyond being a failure.. he did not just fall out with the fans at both his clubs and was loved by Norwich fans just like Burnley loved our own Kean,,, he has already fallen out with Rhodes our 8m signing and supposed star striker.. that imo should automatically scrub him out as any form of candidate.

You are one of my favourite posters but I can't agree this time. Hiring off-the-wall pundits results in unprofessional, off-the-wall comments as with Pedersen and ineffective ultimatums as with Kean. I reckon Shebby is a jolly good guy but his responsibility for removing Kean seems to boil down to the fact that he made Kean's job totally untenable with unprecedented levels of interference. Why didn't he just sack the guy instead of piddling around and making the job look a lot less attractive to prospective managers out there?

These are the times when it hits hard that we lost something special when the likes of JW and TF walked out the door. It just doesn't seem to be the same place anymore and no, I haven't forgotten Ince.

Perhaps, but my point was that punditry maybe isn't his real forte, even though he has made a living from it for 15 years. As to why didn't he sack him, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if, as an employee of a company such as Venky's, Shebby was not empowered to commit them to a million quid payoff on a whim. I had a pretty successful corporate career and I was never empowered to spend that much without getting approval. As we all know, getting approval from Mrs D to sack Kean wasn't easy, so maybe he did the next best thing: make Kean's life a misery so he walked?

If Shearer is so keen to be a manager why hasn't he been and done his pro licence?

Surely that's the first step people take. That's a requirement for a top flight manager and not doing it surely shows something about him.

My pet theory would be because he's a big-head and thinks because he was a top player, he can just walk into a club and get it sorted. Given his bland unsophisticated analysis on Match of the Day, I would have grave doubts about him as long-term manager for Rovers.

I feel we need someone more sophisticated for the long term. Someone who can set a team up and get them organised, fit and motivated. Someone who can anticipate the flow of the game and change his plan to suit. Not some lump on the sidelines trying to gee them up and clapping and leaping around like a marionette - whose masterstroke is to bring on a different centre forward after 60 mins. It may well work for O'Neill (although he is probably a bit moire sophisticated than that), but we need someone with something about them. An up-and-comer.

So I would say Solksjaer. But after Kean got rid of every player (seemingly) with a backbone and a will to win, we would need someone as assistant to reinforce discipline.

Replace Kean with Keane, almost scary. Well look on the bright side when he fails all you have to do is add an E and the KeanE out banners are ready to be used again. I think I would lean toward Curbs, absolutely NO on Shearer.

He would be. It's too logical an option for Venky's, imo they are going to make a pigs ear of it, I can feel it.

For those talking about Shearer, he's probably going to reject us for the 4th or 5th time on Football Focus.

Yep we will have applications from the likes of Schuster (king of man managment), Daum, OGS (one of the brightest up and coming managers), Curbishly (a sensible choice), Grayson (who has done well and got the best out of Rhodes).. etc etc... and end up with Keane, Judan Ali or Shearer/Dowie..

when it comes to hiring a manager, i cant believe people want ex rovers players as manager. Shearer, sherwood, tugay, salgado and what not. Ince, kidd and kean were in the same boat as them, when it came to experience. We need a proper manager, who has been in the game and therefore has the experience and know-how. We need a manager, who hasnt been out of the game for several years and is somewhat up to date.

This is probably one of the most important decisions in recent rovers history and people are calling for absolute rookies to get the job. Pure madness, would you do the same, if they had not played for our club.? you wouldnt even consider them for a nano second, exactly the same goes for black.

if its true that he applied for the job, id love someone like schuster. Daum was also mentioned, another one with a good record. If those guys are interested, thats exactly the type calibre we should look at, when it comes to our next manager. We dont need another "gem"

Some people on here remind me of a recently released, badly treated hostage upset about being offered sirloin or veal because he'd prefer lobster.

People have such short memories. Little over a week ago, virtually all of the names being mentioned were only in our wildest dreams. Now the Keanwit has gone people are suddenly "not going back" if we get such-and-such-abody.

I think Blackburn folk just like to complain about something!

I think this is 12 months too late for Curbs and under present circumstances and requirements, is possibly seen as another of yesterday's men.

I understand he came very close to taking over from Kean at one stage but we know who wears the trousers at Venkys.

I am still very confident that OGS will become our next manager.

From Alan Shearer's comments on FF, I think we should rule him out. Legend he may be, he hasn't earned the managerial respect to expect a call. He has to apply like everyone else because there are far better options out there. So if he is expecting a call, given the people who have actually applied, he might as well switch his phone off.

Shearer has neither the balls or brains for management. Several opportunities have come his way over the years and he's turned them down because he's too cosy on the MOTD sofa. He only went to Newcastle because it was last chance saloon and he wanted to take a stab at keeping them up - and failed miserably.

Anyone who wants him here, do yourself a favour and slap yourself.

Archived