BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Voted Solskjaer.

Would be more than happy with proven names like McCarthy & Curbishley, but I have a good feeling about Solskjaer. His young ambition could be just what we need to get a feel-good vibe back at the club and unlike Ince he actually has a brain in his head.

Expecting Black. Because Venky's.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voted Solskjaer.

Would be more than happy with proven names like McCarthy & Curbishley, but I have a good feeling about Solskjaer. His young ambition could be just what we need to get a feel-good vibe back at the club and unlike Ince he actually has a brain in his head.

+1

I voted McCarthy but Shearer to get it. I am warming to the Shearer idea, he is a little older and therefore should be a little wiser. Pundit work is not his strong point IMO, he always gives the impression he feels awkward. He's a football man and he has thrown his hat into the ring and he would give supporters something to unite behind. His choice of backroom staff would be very interesting, should he be appointed. The niggle is his inexperience, that is why I choose McCarthy.

Voted Solskjaer.

Lots of talk at yesterdays game about Solskjaer, but I can't see that happening, he turned Villa down didn't he? why would he come here and not go to Villa?

I also want Solskjaer in, I think he's going to be one of those managers who if we don't get in will end up very successful at some other club over here. I get a feeling we'll end up with Shearer though which could be risky but at least he's not Eric Black.

Fancy daum/ hitzfeld , great experience and used to working under directors of football ECt ,

Who gets it , Is anyone's guess as Venkys don't tend to do the obvious

But I think trapattoni may just get it

Do we have a director of football???

Or will the new manager have to work under a director of football.

I really hope we dont Trapattoni. Ireland tactics have been found outdated and not good enough but he wont change them.

Cant see Hitzfield or Trapattoni leaving their national team jobs to take over a Championship.

Daum is possible choice but unlikely

INFO:

I had a chat with Lars Bohinen yesterday. He was adamant that Ole Gunnar Solskjær will not come to Blackburn Rovers.

Bohinen knows OGS personally, and they have played together for years in the national team.

Another TV-pundit, Alexander Schau, who was sitting around the same table basically said the same.

was told yesterday by somobody working on it that OGS has an house in Alderley Edge and is having some renovation work done , had it for a while but has just recently been paying more attention for its condition and is having iitems like furniture and electricals delivered , maybe just coincidence but you never know

some things i now know after going to yesterdays game

1) Black is deifinately not manager material

2) we're still crap defensively

3) the players are clearly still playing without any confidence

but i think more importantly

4) the party atmousphere i was expecting after Kean's resignation just wasnt there , an extra 4k fans came , but there still feels like dark clouds over us , admittedly the game was very poor and some players were diabolical but its clear somebody has to come in and lift the entire club , the players and fans are at such a low at the moment its transmitting into performances , i wasnt in the Pro-Shearer camp before but i'm slowly coming round , he may not be the best coach or tactically astute , he may not be the most experienced , he may not have all the credentials but i just cant help thinking that once he gets the feel good factor back at Rovers we would get on a roll and be unstoppable in this league

I voted McCarthy but Shearer to get it. I am warming to the Shearer idea, he is a little older and therefore should be a little wiser. Pundit work is not his strong point IMO, he always gives the impression he feels awkward. He's a football man and he has thrown his hat into the ring and he would give supporters something to unite behind. His choice of backroom staff would be very interesting, should he be appointed. The niggle is his inexperience, that is why I choose McCarthy.

Eight games into the season and the guy called Chelsea the new Barcelona last night.

He's a clown who's been living off his footballing career for so long that people think he's some managerial mastermind in the making. He is not.

Souness - his done it once, he can do it again! I think it'll end up being Sherwood or Dickov (basically an ex-player)

Funny you say Dickov I was sat next to him and his son at the game yesterday in the jack walker.

Solskjaer won't come - his mentor Sir Alex Ferguson will have told him to avoid Venky's with bargepole.

Either way, this situation needs resolving quicky and not to drag on for weeks. The owners sacked Sam Allardyce pretty sharpish so it shows they can make speedy decisions when they want to.

were u??? I dont think so pal.

Paul Dickov is Oldham manager who were playing at the same time as rovers at home and won 3 1.

I was sat on top tear level with the half way line, I could have sworn it was him ! Must have been his stunt double, my mistake !

Eight games into the season and the guy called Chelsea the new Barcelona last night.

He's a clown who's been living off his footballing career for so long that people think he's some managerial mastermind in the making. He is not.

I didn't see it as I find that programme very poor. I know where you're coming from, that's why I mentioned his backroom staff selection as interesting as I feel he would need carrying for a while. I suppose I'm seeing him as somebody who could unite the club, create the interest to increase attendances and generate a spirirt similar to when Kenny first took the reigns. Surpising how a 'feel good factor', can sometimes move mountains.

• Backroom

Voted Solksjaer but expect Black... because Venky's are keaning idiots and since day one have been doing everything in their power to weaken the club. Why break the habit of a lifetime?

I didn't see it as I find that programme very poor. I know where you're coming from, that's why I mentioned his backroom staff selection as interesting as I feel he would need carrying for a while. I suppose I'm seeing him as somebody who could unite the club, create the interest to increase attendances and generate a spirirt similar to when Kenny first took the reigns. Surpising how a 'feel good factor', can sometimes move mountains.

No, a "feel good factor" on its own usually does absolutely f all let alone move mountains.

Kenny taking charge was big because he had proved himself as a manager, and the spirit only lasted because he won games.

You can't pick a manager and say "but only if he has these people as backroom staff". The manager should be the mastermind behind the operation, not the backroom team.

Archived