BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

I think someone pointed out earlier that Schuster has a good win %, but that it's been (falsely?) inflated by his time at Real, where it is difficult to lose too many games.

Having said that, I reckon Kean would get Real relegated.

True but an important thing to consider is the fact that Real Madrid wanted him as their manager.

Get a sense of humour.

If Dougie Freedman is in the frame as the Telegraph suggests, I would be very happy with that appointment. Fantastic young manager with a good passing philosophy and has done an excellent job at Palace.

I agree, Freedman is probably in my top 5 realistic choices......he can bring Zaha with him as well :)

Redknapp last nite said if the was a team who had ambition and could go up he would be intrested goal.com

Why he hasn't been linked god knows.

Wasn't London too far north for him? With Hughes' situation at QPR and the rumblings of discontent from the players about Martin Jol at Fulham, I doubt Redknapp would take a Championship job any time soon.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats he achieved exactly and as for passing philosophy didnt we witness this yesterday.

No we didn't witness this yesterday, what we saw was us playing a back 5 against 1 man up front. Yesterday was more about the way we set up so defensively and our lack of presence of upfront which Black rightly picked upon, unfortunately at the end of the game.

As for his achievements, he kept Palace when they looked doomed a few years back and has since stabilised a club that looked like it was falling apart, like ours is at the moment. He has done it on a shoe string budget and is getting a good reputation. This article is a good read.

http://www.guardian....alace-stability

I'm surprised that people can refer to Shearer's several games with Newcastle as 'proof' that he's not cut out for management.

To be honest, with the squad/problems they had that season, added to the negative momentum built up before Shearer took over meant that he was on to lost battle before he even got going.

For me, and from what I've read and heard about him professionally, he would potentially make a very good manager - but time will tell.

And besides...'Alan Shearer's blue & white army'...

:brfc::tu:

shearer it is then!!!

interesting reading the bolton message board, they are talking about some of the managers we have been linked with, ogs, roy keane, they havent even sacked coyle yet and look unlikely to do so, bunch of muppets!!!

shearer it is then!!!

interesting reading the bolton message board, they are talking about some of the managers we have been linked with, ogs, roy keane, they havent even sacked coyle yet and look unlikely to do so, bunch of muppets!!!

Didn't Abbey also say they wanted Steve Kean to, keaning loons!!!!!!

shearer it is then!!!

I think that might change soon!

Would not be surprised at all if soundings are being taken about potential replacements!

The squad that they came back up with the following season? Minus Damien Duff.

Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Martins plus a couple of more went aswell.

Ashley mess NU up big time with 4 managers that season and Dennis Wise as DoF.

Ashley realise his huge mistake and change the club from Top to bottom now.

Ashley has done a superb job in putting Newcastle back on a sound financial footing and bringing back some realism into football.

He drives a hard bargain, as do his business associates / colleagues and that is from personal experience !

Martins was a loss, remind me again what the other two sick notes did?

Ashley did change things, that for sure, but given that squad shearer should have done better.

Don't forget he had dowie "assisting" him there to, worked well didnt it.

I'll back shearer if he takes over, but I'm not keen on the idea, we could do better if the list of candidates is to be believed.

Archived