BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shortlist drawn up for Thursday? How long do these guys want to bleddy take? That'd mean the new man in by the middle of next week at the earliest, giving him a couple of days to prepare for Derby. FFS, looking like it''ll be Black at Derby as I said earlier.

Well that gives them plenty of time to do another list, possibly another one as well before then.

We know how the Venkys are with those lists.

It's ridiculous! If they have lots of interest and applicants as Shebby claims then surely they can draw up a shortlist now rather than waiting another few days. Anyone who is really interested in the job would have applied by now so there is no need to wait any longer, just get on with it. How long does it take to draw up a shortlist? I'm sure most people could manage it in less than a day...

Actually you can do it in less if you only have 20 or so applicants. You bin the no hopers. You bin those who can't be bothered to spell people's names right, you bin any you think are not suitable for whatever reason and then you interview and appoint eric Black.

Job done

Agreed. If we appointed Shearer, I would have the same sense of doom I had when we appointed Kean

I don't understand that. One is arguably the greatest player rovers have ever had, a club legend, admittedly with little managerial experience, who may be appointed on the back of arguably the worst manager in our 137 year history.

The other was somebody who not many realised was even at the club until his strange projection into the limelight, who many had never even heard of, who barely played professional football, let alone even manage, and replaced somebody who was doing a perfectly decent job. Further, we all anticipated a top class manager coming in before he was appointed. I emphasise this is not a retrospective assessment.

How can you say that you would have the same doom about a shearer appointment as you did when kean was appointed?

I don't get your dislike, and others, of shearer? I understand why some have reservations due to his managerial experience; a perfectly valid point. But your disregard of shearer seems a little deeper. So much so that any pro shearer supporters are 'talking nonsense.'

Others have described him as thick as two short planks. I fail to see that. Gazza is thick. Merson is thick. Shearer has never struck me as being thick. Perhaps a little lazy, but certainly not stupid.

I want shearer to be appointed. This is metaphorically the lowest the club has been since perhaps the 90-91 season when we nearly got relegated from this league. We need an appointment to galvanise. Not some uninspired product of the managerial merry go round, ie curblishley, McCarthy etc

• Backroom

Others have described him as thick as two short planks. I fail to see that. Gazza is thick. Merson is thick. Shearer has never struck me as being thick. Perhaps a little lazy, but certainly not stupid.

He called Chelsea the closest thing we have in England to Barcelona. He's pretty dumb.

Nonetheless, you're right in saying his appointment wouldn't be on anywhere close to the same level as Kean. I wouldn't be optimistic that we'd go anywhere with Shearer and would fear that his legacy here would be damaged considerably by a poor stint as manager... but nonetheless, he's Alan Shearer. I'd accept it and hope for the best.

What do people about Paulo Sousa becoming next Rovers manager???

according to LT, he has applied for job.

Has managed QPR, Swansea and Leicester in championship and is doing well at his Hungarian Team Videoton FC. beat Sporting Lisbon in Europe league.

And with Rovers signing alot of players from Portugal come be a very good option.

and according to Andrew Cryer on twitter that Shebby has just said short list drawn up for Thursday. Nothing too new really, but there will be more in tmrws LT

Yea would be happy with him......despite the ridiculous comment the other day about how nobody would want him if he was called Paul Smith, he would be a really good appointment due to his experience in English football.

He plays with the ball on the deck which would suit our current squad....especially Rhodes.....with our spending and wage bill, we should in theory be able to play our way out of this division....after almost 2 years of our players passing it to each other and standing still that doesn't seem likely atm but I am still confident we have the players to play some decent football.....and mostly based on his time at Swansea, I'm confident Sousa could get us out of this division.

Thursday seems excessive but you would think that means they are doing the proper research......I don't mind them taking their time if they end up making the correct decision.....which I doubt will happen but you never know I guess.

lol.. I did not mind em taking their time for the first week.. but surely with OGS, Schuster, Shearer, Sousa and sixteen or so others.. really can we actually have a better set of candidates? Far better to get them in early this week and at least give them some time before the next game.

I think we pretty much know eight of the guys who have applied.. that still leaves fourteen (probs including a fair bit of dross).. so the shortlist can't be that difficult to whittle down.

I do worry with both Venkys and the likes of Shaw and Agnew involved..

He seems pretty stupid when talking about football.....his analysis is embarrassing for a so-called pundit imo.....I would argue people like him and Garth Crooks are stealing a living.

I am not usually one for self-important, capitalised, "I am right you are wrong" posts. But....

ALAN SHEARER'S BLUE 'N' WHITE ARMY :tu::rover:

If that doesn't exite you; you're dead inside!

It's the Goal Machine FFS! The man who personifies our peak during Jack's-era.

After the last two fun-free years, I will love it if Shearer (with the right backroom staff; better add that caveat) gets the gig.

What do people about Paulo Sousa becoming next Rovers manager???

according to LT, he has applied for job.

Has managed QPR, Swansea and Leicester in championship and is doing well at his Hungarian Team Videoton FC. beat Sporting Lisbon in Europe league.

And with Rovers signing alot of players from Portugal come be a very good option.

and according to Andrew Cryer on twitter that Shebby has just said short list drawn up for Thursday. Nothing too new really, but there will be more in tmrws LT

didnt come across very well in the qpr documentary

whats his actual points record like?

But you are wrong when you are talking to people who never saw Shearer in a blue and white shirt and for whom the emotion of Shearer scoring goals is not there because they were not part of it. It's not that we are dead - it's that we simply do not see why this is a heart over head situation. give me a good appointment who knows what he's doing rather than a punt on someone who may be a club legend but who has no experience bar a faiulure to save newcastle from relegation

I am not usually one for self-important, capitalised, "I am right you are wrong" posts. But....

After the last two fun-free years, I will love it if Shearer (with the right backroom staff; better add that caveat) gets the gig.

I imagine the Newcastle fans said much the same in 2009.

Shearer is a plank of wood with a microphone. I'd accept him but he'd have to learn management damn quick! Does he have all the badges?

Yeah he does have all his coaching badges now.

:D

Not even drawing up the shortlist til Thursday. Typical of this lot to mess about. Get on with it!

OMG! Months of hell, Kean's finally gone, fans coming back, and this is probably the most important decision in the clubs history! It has to be right Martonrover!

Crucial, show patience fella!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8149788? - Shebby Singh Interview

I've got to say, the more I listen to Singh, the more concerned I feel. There is, in fact, a rush to get a manager Mr. SIngh. You'll have dawdled for nearly 2 weeks before a shortlist has even been drawn up. This is not taking your time, this is trying to give Eric Black an opportunity.

How about appointing someone now so we call all get behind the new man and give him some time to prepare for the Derby match. Words fail me.

Archived