BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to remember us going for Eriksson like ten years ago?? I think he pied us and went to Lazio or something.

I think Eriksson would actually be a good choice, far worse on the list. He has a ridiculous CV, and I thought he had a shocker at Leicester but it wasnt too bad especially the first season. He left with them sitting two points off the playoffs

With us he would have the best squad in the division. If we got him I'd be pretty confident of promotion.

Anyone else showing up with an honours list like this(takin from wiki, but think its accurate):

Degerfors IF

IFK Göteborg

Benfica

Roma

Sampdoria

Lazio

England

The last achievement of any note whatsoever on that list was over 12 years ago.

No way to Sven.

I think Sven was the first of the new breed of lovey-dovey managers who treat their players with affection and respect. At first it was a novelty and lots of his ex-players probably performed for him on that basis. But these types are ten-a-penny nowadays and i think Sven has been found out. I would be very disappointed if he got the gig.

http://www.guardian....ind?INTCMP=SRCH

Sven and Jerome go back a long way.

Anderson's role in the recruitment of Eriksson became public when Eriksson's own agent, Athole Still, appeared unaware that discussions were taking place; then on the day Eriksson was unveiled as City's manager, Anderson publicly discussed the scale of the job required at City. After that, he marshalled his energies and contacts book to help deliver the players.

Seems to have a history of being involved in dodgy or ignorant owners. Over paying for players. etc etc.

Burnley will soon have a vacancy too. Howe to Bournmouth is very much live as we speak.

Really? I would be amazed if that happened.

Tony F was on talkshyte this morning and said Hughes is going no where at the moment.

............Thats Hughes looking for another job then.

Seems to have a history of being involved in dodgy or ignorant owners. Over paying for players. etc etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Anderson_(football_agent)

See Manchester City.

"At Manchester City, between £5 million and £7 million was reported to have been paid in commission to Anderson as part of the recruitment of eight new players in the weeks following the takeover of the club by Thaksin Shinawatra May 2007.Anderson advised Shinawatra on the takeover, introducing him to Keith Harris (whose firm, Seymour Pierce, handled the deal) and recommending as manager Sven-Göran Eriksson, before his influence waned as the new owners balked at such payments and other figures –notable Kia Joorabchian and Pini Zahavi– became involved"

Sven, also involved at Notts County...

Sven-Goran Eriksson joins BEC Tero Sasana of Thailand... 03 Sept 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19462568

No. No Sven for me thanks very much.

I suspect if Coyle is sacked today Bolton will move quick to get in another manager because I think they will know exactly who they want. I can see someone like McCarthy getting the job.

He seems to be the current favourite for us but Andy C in the LT is saying the brothers want someone who shares their passing football philosophy so I guess that rules him out.

I have changed my mind about 4 times who I want as manager and today I think I would want OGS. He has a balance of some experience and he will bring fresh ideas to the table.

I suspect if Coyle is sacked today Bolton will move quick to get in another manager because I think they will know exactly who they want. I can someone like McCarthy getting the job.

Yes, I can't see them going for a young manager again this time, I imagine they'll get an older experienced head who has got teams out of this division already.

I wonder which will be the most sought after job, ours or the Bolton one?

Yes, I can't see them going for a young manager again this time, I imagine they'll get an older experienced head who has got teams out of this division already.

I wonder which will be the most sought after job, ours or the Bolton one?

Good question.

I guess from the outside looking in we have spent a lot more money than Bolton and you could say that the owners have shown loyalty to the worst manager in our history so the new guy will be thinking he will get time.

On the other hand Bolton seem a hell of a lot more stable than what we do.

If we both go for the likes of McCarthy and Curbs then I think they would choose Bolton over us because they know exactly what they are getting themselves into.

Archived