BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Good question.

I guess from the outside looking in we have spent a lot more money than Bolton and you could say that the owners have shown loyalty to the worst manager in our history so the new guy will be thinking he will get time.

On the other hand Bolton seem a hell of a lot more stable than what we do.

If we both go for the likes of McCarthy and Curbs then I think they would choose Bolton over us because they know exactly what they are getting themselves into.

any club is more stable than us at the moment, but are they not 100 million in debt

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the new Bill Shankly joins his fellow Scot on the managerial scrapheap. A certain Daily Mirror reporter will be mortified.

It will be interesting to see how quickly Bolton move to replace him. I suspect they have someone lined up already. It's what well-run club does. Meanwhile our indecisive lot continue to stare at their collective navels......

Hahaha Nixon will be choking on his cornflakes this morning - that's for sure.

As I said the other day though, Bolton sacking Coyle isn't good for us as personally I think that many managers would favour their vacancy over ours, therefore causing us big delays.

Lol was just thinking that myself , his two buddy's out of work

Keep in mind that debt is almost entirely owed to the owner Eddie Davies and not banks. With Coyle gone they will attract managers (some of the ones we are likely to be after) and they have a man there who has experience of carrying out a proper managerial search process and getting it done. Who do Rovers have with that experience?

Keep in mind that debt is almost entirely owed to the owner Eddie Davies and not banks. With Coyle gone they will attract managers (some of the ones we are likely to be after) and they have a man there who has experience of carrying out a proper managerial search process and getting it done. Who do Rovers have with that experience?

We can promise them a much better squad than Bolton's as well as money to spend in the transfer window. I presume with Bolton, the order will be sell before you buy.

Them 2 factors alone makes us a better proposition in my view.

Burnley will soon have a vacancy too. Howe to Bournmouth is very much live as we speak.

Correct - Bournemouth have a bit of money also. Rovers, Bolton dingles looking for new managers. Not good for Rovers. Hughes at QPR could also go.

£110 million in debt. Hardly well run and our owners are irrelevent in that context

The debt is owned by Davies, not the banks as in our case. Davies is a football man and well regarded in football, not like our owners. If McCarthy or Schuster or whoever were offered the Rovers and Bolton jobs, which do you think they'd choose.

Keep trying.

The debt is owned by Davies, not the banks as in our case. Davies is a football man and well regarded in football, not like our owners. If McCarthy or Schuster or whoever were offered the Rovers and Bolton jobs, which do you think they'd choose.

Keep trying.

We are probably about to find out Jim

Correct - Bournemouth have a bit of money also. Rovers, Bolton dingles looking for new managers. Not good for Rovers. Hughes at QPR could also go.

I'd be worried about competition for managers from Bolton but not Burnley, even with owners like ours they'd struggle to attract anywhere near the same calibre of manager as us.

Keep trying.

I'm sure managers don't think like you Jim so don't worry

I'm sure managers don't think like you Jim so don't worry

I can assure you they do. You don't seem to realise how toxic Venky's are within football. There are plenty of good people who would consider us but will no do so because of our owners.

Come on Nixon, have some balls and come back on here, lets here your excuses for your mates..

Anyway, was talking to a bloke who has something to do with Bolton, he said yesterday that Coyle had gone and they were talking to McCarthy.

Archived