BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Don't want a fascist at the club thanks.

All because you don't like his political views it doesn't mean he's a bad person you moron. It's not as if he's racist. I'd be surprised if the people condemning Di Canio's "fascist views" were even aware of his actual views/what his comments have been and what this entails.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theoretically speaking, how would people react if we announced Solskjaer had signed a contract and would be taking over as our next manager but not until the Norwegian season had finished on 18th November? Until that time Black would be in charge of the team. Good or bad?

Definitely bad but also highly unlikely tbh.

Theoretically speaking, how would people react if we announced Solskjaer had signed a contract and would be taking over as our next manager but not until the Norwegian season had finished on 18th November? Until that time Black would be in charge of the team. Good or bad?

I'd be delighted. I believe he's going to be a cracking manager, so its worth waiting for just a few weeks to get the right man for the job

Bad of course. Let's say he doesn't take over until after the 18th November, that means we would have Black in charge for these games:

Derby (a)

Sheff Wed (h)

Watford (h)

Palace (a)

Huddersfield (a)

Brum (h)

Peterborough (a)

So 7 games and a possible 21 points for grabs.

That's far too many games to give a demoralised squad and a poor manager like Black. Rovers are already 5 points off an automatic promotion place, if Rovers lose the majority of those games under Black then promotion could be very difficult for anyone who comes in.

The new manager needs to be ideally appointed before the Derby game. If not then the Sheff Wednesday game, any longer and our promotion aspirations could implode.

All because you don't like his political views it doesn't mean he's a bad person you moron. It's not as if he's racist. I'd be surprised if the people condemning Di Canio's "fascist views" were even aware of his actual views/what his comments have been and what this entails.

Not a fascist, just a bit impulsive:

"While it's a matter of record that Di Canio has previously declared his sympathy with the historical tradition of fascism, such pronouncements don't represent an area of his life he wishes to relive or revisit. There is no denying the DVX tattoo on his shoulder (the Latin appellation for Benito Mussolini). It's the symbolic expression of an opinion expressed in his autobiography, in a passage which has frequently been misquoted so as to appear more incendiary than it actually is. "I am fascinated by Mussolini," Di Canio wrote. "I think he was a deeply misunderstood k individual. He deceived people. His actions were often vile. But all this was motivated by a higher purpose. He was basically a very principled individual. Yet he turned against his sense of right and wrong. He compromised his ethics."

The truth is that – today at least – you don't have to spend long with Di Canio to realise he is not a demented fascista; neither does he have any time for the sort of repugnant racial opinions held by at least two English Premier League footballers I can think of (and that's without even trying). While he was in Italy, his column in the national sport newspaper Corriere dello Sport routinely took the form of a rant against the idiocy of racism.

"The truth is very simple," said one respected source who knows Di Canio well, but was insistent that his name should not appear in this article. "Paolo is not, and has never been, a bad person, or an ideological fascist. Certain things he has said and done – like the salute with the Lazio fans – have to do with his psychological history, particularly his former compulsive tendencies and pronounced mood swings. Paolo is not mad. But he has had, as he describes in his autobiography... episodes."

Excellent article here: http://www.independe...me-6273526.html

Vital Football are reporting that Trappatoni has joined the list, i think I would class that as a no brainer

Really? His stubborn attitude with the Ireland team has baffled me. For whatever reason, he seems to pick based on favouritism rather than form or ability.

Quite why he has kept the likes of Ciaran Clark, Seamus Coleman, Darron Gibson, James McCarthy and James McClean on the fringes of the team to play vastly inferior players instead is beyond me.

I think there are better options available to us.

Shows how narrow minded you are. I run multimillion pound projects. If any business had you in-charge of recruitment they would be well and truly screwed.

Quite the opposite.

To get the best, you have to have exceptionally high standards and the small details are often the most telling.

Both spelling and grammar are extremely important in everyday life (though not so much on a football messageboard).

...and 'in charge' isn't hyphenated ;)

Because every single fan would be behind him...

First choice or not.

You and others who support appointing Shearer seem to live in some sort of a fantasy world. One where trifling matters like tactical ability, record in the transfer market, previous experience and man management skills are far less relevant to predicting the success of a potential manager than whether the "fans will get behind him" or his record as a player for the club over fifteen years ago.

Funnily enough, those who think that Rovers will succeed with Shearer at the helm are following the exact same thought process as those who called up talksport and said the fans were to blame for Kean not doing well as we didn't get behind him.

You and others who support appointing Shearer seem to live in some sort of a fantasy world. One where trifling matters like tactical ability, record in the transfer market, previous experience and man management skills are far less relevant to predicting the success of a potential manager than whether the "fans will get behind him" or his record as a player for the club over fifteen years ago.

Funnily enough, those who think that Rovers will succeed with Shearer at the helm are following the exact same thought process as those who called up talksport and said the fans were to blame for Kean not doing well as we didn't get behind him.

THANK YOU.

Really? His stubborn attitude with the Ireland team has baffled me. For whatever reason, he seems to pick based on favouritism rather than form or ability.

Quite why he has kept the likes of Ciaran Clark, Seamus Coleman, Darron Gibson, James McCarthy and James McClean on the fringes of the team to play vastly inferior players instead is beyond me.

Really? Better than Trappatoni? Seven times winner of Seri A? Three time winner of the UEFA Cup and winner of the Champions League?

Come on, let's be serious.

Really? Better than Trappatoni? Seven times winner of Seri A? Three time winner of the UEFA Cup and winner of the Champions League?

Come on, let's be serious.

What decade were all those achievements in? Might as well sound out Howard Wilkinson, George Graham and Ron Atkinson.

The guy is 73 and has shown with Ireland that his tactics haven't really progressed with the modern game.

It's hard enough for foreign managers coming to England for the first time as it is...imagine how hard it'd be for someone as long in the tooth as Trappattonni.

Believe it or not but football is 11 men against 11 men kicking a ball with the object of getting it into the other net more times than it goes into yours. Be it 2012, 1912 or 1886

Don't let Sky baffle you with waffle about tactics and bluster about 'the modern game'

Believe it or not but football is 11 men against 11 men kicking a ball with the object of getting it into the other net more times than it goes into yours. Be it 2012, 1912 or 1886

Don't let Sky baffle you with waffle about tactics and bluster about 'the modern game'

What a load of nonsense, the game has changed massively over the past 20-30 years and it will continue to change and develop, if you can't see that then you have something seriously wrong with you.

And rocket science is just firing shít in the air. You can make anything sound simple if you don't understand it.

I think you have to be careful about hiring people with a great CV.

Football does move on and develop. Sometimes, managers don't move with it. It is easy to say such-and-such has a great CV, he would be great here. But what if they haven't done much for years. Trapatoni, would he be doing anything now if Eire didn't want him?

When we got Hughes, it was perfect timing, a sharp guy, new ideas, very tight on training and innovations and fitness, but he didn't have much of a track record. Given the stature of the club, I feel we need to be looking for someone on the up-and-up, ready to make a name for themselves.

That's why I would say

Curbishley: No chance, had his day, never convinced me he was hungry

Schuster: unremarkable apart from Real Madrid

Daum: hmmmm, maybe he would shake things up, not sure

Shearer: not sophisticated enough to use anythign ground-breaking. More likely to get Davros to run them into teh ground and then set them up with a basic shape

Can't think of anyone else to knock back right now. But in any case, I think this is why people are wanting Solksjaer.

But I'm sure there must be some more decent coaches already operating in England who are innovative and hungry and could help get us up if not this season then next.

Trouble is, they probably won't be considered.

What a load of nonsense, the game has changed massively over the past 20-30 years and it will continue to change and develop, if you can't see that then you have something seriously wrong with you.

If you mean a simple game has been over-complicated to justify massive wages and expenditure then I agree.

Still the objective is the same as it has always been

You've missed the apostrophe out of the first "its". Good luck with the job application full of grammatical errors.

Wrong Jim. The contraction of "it is" has an apostrophe, the possessive form of "it" does not.

Perhaps you should brush up on your own grammar skills before criticising?

Archived