BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that people refer to Hughes' time at Fulham as a great success. I know someone fairly well with decent contacts down there and he's always said that Hughes started the season badly with them and the senior players, including Murphy, basically rounded on him and told him they were going to do it their way, results then picked up.

He is very scathing in his comments towards Hughes and regards him in a similar vein to we hold Kean.

Groan.

I've heard it said that the best players are often the ones who come from modest backgrounds because they want and need it more. Does this apply to managers? If so, Sven surely has millions in the bank already from multiple pay offs when he's exited various jobs. Why would he want to come to Rovers? He surely doesn't need it.

It seems that big money has been put on Mick McCarthy being new Manager over the last 2 hours, he is now bookies favourite.

What a dull appointment that would be just who would be his backroom team be though.

It seems that big money has been put on Mick McCarthy being new Manager over the last 2 hours, he is now bookies favourite.

I think it will be Sven because I feel that we are only looking for a coach. Sven has shown himself to choose jobs simply for the cash and would put up with outside interference.

What a dull appointment that would be just who would be his backroom team be though.

Terry Connor is out of work again. I expect whoever comes in will have to take on Black so we don't pay them off.

Dull maybe fits the bill, a bit like a big sam appointment, just gets the job done. He also can handle a bit of pressure, that could be a very important quality in our next manager.

Do you know if Venky's would go down this route, Kamy? He'd be a good choice, in my opinion.

Looks like the Brothers want an experienced manager, whereas Shebby would prefer a younger man. In the end it will be the Brothers who decide. It would be a sensible appointment, he's not a "sexy" appointment but he knows how to get teams out of the Championship. But I don't think that they will go for him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2007/aug/21/agentandersonthemanbehind?INTCMP=SRCH

Sven and Jerome go back a long way.

Anderson's role in the recruitment of Eriksson became public when Eriksson's own agent, Athole Still, appeared unaware that discussions were taking place; then on the day Eriksson was unveiled as City's manager, Anderson publicly discussed the scale of the job required at City. After that, he marshalled his energies and contacts book to help deliver the players.

Dull maybe fits the bill, a bit like a big sam appointment, just gets the job done. He also can handle a bit of pressure, that could be a very important quality in our next manager.

I agree with this. Would get behind anybody bar Eric Black but a solid, reliable pair of hands is what this club needs, there doesn't appear to be one in the building or, I should also add, India. Oh yeah, I forgot Zurich as well.

Looks like the Brothers want an experienced manager, whereas Shebby would prefer a younger man. In the end it will be the Brothers who decide. It would be a sensible appointment, he's not a "sexy" appointment but he knows how to get teams out of the Championship. But I don't think that they will go for him.

who are the Brothers want tho??? Benitez?

Shebby probably want someone like Karl Robinson.

Venkys only want a yes-man who won't expose the utter shambles that has been and remains their "management".

Hear! Hear! Somebody like Eriksson would be a match made in heaven for Venky's, it really would. I would still get behind Sven though as he's not Eric Black.

Thanks for this. Struggling to see a better, experienced (at this level) candidate for the job out there apart from possibly Redknapp (not going to happen), Curbs or Sven. Money on Sven is starting to look tempting.

Odd that Ladbrokes, StanJames, BetVictor etc.. have all dropped their next blackburn manager specials.. SkyBet still has it up and running but you cant get odds on Curbs, Schuster and a few others that are known to of applied.

Odd that Ladbrokes, StanJames, BetVictor etc.. have all dropped their next blackburn manager specials.. SkyBet still has it up and running but you cant get odds on Curbs, Schuster and a few others that are known to of applied.

That usually happens late evening. Will be available again tomorrow.

Groan.

I've heard it said that the best players are often the ones who come from modest backgrounds because they want and need it more. Does this apply to managers? If so, Sven surely has millions in the bank already from multiple pay offs when he's exited various jobs. Why would he want to come to Rovers? He surely doesn't need it.

Most managers are former players and in that sense pretty well off and in no need of more money. By your logic - if Sven doesn't need the money, wouldn't he want the job purely motivated by being a successful manager?

There will be three options then:

1) Shebbys choice, youngish

2) Venky boys choice, seasoned

3) Mrs. Desais choice - the cheapest

In the end she will decide, again...

Archived