BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it really doesnt surprise me that so may established names want the job.

you have the worlds most patient owners and hardly any media attention.

perfect if you just want to get on with the job at hand!

• Backroom

Although we need to make sure we make the right choice if this goes beyond the international break it would be ridiculous

By now the candidates will be known and it surely can't take 3 weeks to discuss

Steve Kean had more media coverage than any manager in any division, so I think the new manager will get plenty of coverage, unless he does very well then they won't care because the fans are not jeering and they don't have a person they victimise whilst making the fans out to be worse than the Nazi party.

Judan Ali anyone?

Heaven forbid but apparently he's a 20 to 1 shot

quite frankly insane he is even being mentioned, but that goes to show, how much faith the footballing world/bookies have in our owners and their decision making.

I seem to remember us going for Eriksson like ten years ago?? I think he pied us and went to Lazio or something.

I think Eriksson would actually be a good choice, far worse on the list. He has a ridiculous CV, and I thought he had a shocker at Leicester but it wasnt too bad especially the first season. He left with them sitting two points off the playoffs

With us he would have the best squad in the division. If we got him I'd be pretty confident of promotion.

Anyone else showing up with an honours list like this(takin from wiki, but think its accurate):

Degerfors IF

IFK Göteborg

Benfica

Roma

Sampdoria

Lazio

England

Given his history in Portugal he could probably speak portuguese as well.

Not my favoured option but we would be silly to discount him as a viable choice.

I would still like to see Rafa Benitez given the job but i do accept the chances of this happening is minimal.

Kamy is their any chance you could get in touch with Guillem Balague to see if he knows whether ior not Rafa is at least interested?

Sven agreed to become manager before we appointed Hodgson if I remember right, even signed the contract but then at the last minute changed his mind and went to lazio.

Yep, he actually signed for us in 1996 but due to contractual obligations was not able to start for us until summer 1997... six months later he was called by Lazio and changed his mind....

from an interview with Sven..

Is it true you’d already agreed to join Blackburn in 1997, changed your mind and joined Lazio instead?

Matt Davis, Nelson, Lancs

It’s true. I signed a contract with Blackburn Rovers chairman Jack Walker and then went back to Italy. I then received a call from Lazio who told me they wanted me to be their manager. It was a difficult situation so I saw Jack Walker a day later. Lazio offered to pay compensation but after much discussion, Jack tore up the contract, said, “We are friends, Sven. I understand.” That was the end of the matter. Jack Walker was a good man.

This Morning's LT reports that Javier Clemente wants Rovers job. Also that Peter Reid has applied.

Javier Clemente Lázaro, (born 12 March 1950 inBarakaldo) is a Spanishfootball manager. Nicknamed The Barakaldo blonde one for his place of origin; the veteran La Ligamanager has spent most of his career at two clubs:Athletic Bilbao and RCD Espanyol. Between 1992 and 1998, he managedSpain and went 31 games unbeaten. After training Spain and especially recently, has largely been chosen to train teams in difficult situation, but most times finished in relegation or failing to qualify in the objective competition: Betis,Marseille, Tenerife, Athletic Bilbao, Serbia, Murcia,Valladolid, Cameroon andSporting de Gijón

This Morning's LT reports that Javier Clemente wants Rovers job. Also that Peter Reid has applied.

Oh dear. Clemente is on a different planet. This article is (lets be honest) pretty funny. But it also highlights why he shouldn't be anywhere near the job.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/02/javier-clemente-stunt-final-straw

Interesting having a skim read though here. There are a few names which allow me to indulge in a dreamy fantasy - Shearer, Sherwood, Tugay et al leading a stylish Rovers to be champions. Won't happen.

Curbishley? Out of work for 4 years which is too long, ask any middle-aged man, and there must be a reason.

OGS - turned down Villa for family reasons, excellent decision. Why then come to Blackburn?

Black - no

McCarthy at a push for the season.

Hill, Robinson - let's be realistic shall we

Holloway would be lots of fun. I'd be happy with him. He'd be totally nuts to leave Blackpool for Ewood

Assorted foreign managers - unlikely for all in my view. SGE? Absolutely not.

All of which leaves us with, from the lists above, Roy Keane. I can't say it fills me with enthusiasm and I could see him walking out inside six months.

Venkys and Shebby are facing a massive problem. How on earth do they find a quality, credible manager to work under their perceived regime? I suspect we may all be somewhat underwhelmed by the appointment. It may well take several weeks

Clemente is a very good follball manager. But very much only stays with a club for 1 or 2 seasons at the most.

Peter Reid is a very good football person but hasnt done well in management in last 2 jobs.

Given his history in Portugal he could probably speak portuguese as well.

Not my favoured option but we would be silly to discount him as a viable choice.

I would still like to see Rafa Benitez given the job but i do accept the chances of this happening is minimal.

Kamy is their any chance you could get in touch with Guillem Balague to see if he knows whether ior not Rafa is at least interested?

I can see Sven coming in as manager. probabaly will bring in Derek Faz with him as number.

He did fail at Leicester massivly and im wasnt his biggesr fan when he was England manager, but I will support him if he become Rovers manager.

I have FAITH in Shebby to appoint the right manager for Rovers

I will be if it's Eriksson! Somewhere in the depths of our loft we have the programme announcing him as our new manager. It was that close. He may have an impressive CV but what has he done in the last 10 years or so to persuade anyone he'd be a suitable manager to bring any kind of success here. Still fools and their money are easily parted.

I will be if it's Eriksson! Somewhere in the depths of our loft we have the programme announcing him as our new manager. It was that close. He may have an impressive CV but what has he done in the last 10 years or so to persuade anyone he'd be a suitable manager to bring any kind of success here. Still fools and their money are easily parted.

Would anybody like to see a management team of Sven, Faz, Tugay as first team coach.

Rovers better move fast with rumours that Bolton are set to sack OC as manager

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4578965/Owen-Coyle-set-to-be-axed-by-Bolton.html

Archived