BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Is it safe to assume Shebby is looking for a tiki-taka manager?

If it was indeed Shebby that brought in all those Portuguese players then I can only assume this philosophy that he is speaking of is some sort of Barca-esq football?

We can certainly knock a few names off the poll if that is the case.

you have a point .....thats one of reasons i always like shuster or rikaard or even contemplate the idea of a strong DOF to clear house and bring structure and culture in rovers

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SHEEEEAARER!!!! But not as manager.

Greatest striker the club has ever seen. Possibly the best player the club has ever had (who else has won 3rd place in the World Player of the Year awards?). But I absolutely don't want him as our manager until he's proven himself elsewhere. If he gets it I will support him til it is obvious he is out of his depth, and I doubt that would take long. It would leave a really sour taste in the mouth for him to Kean things up as our manager. Would really kill the dream of him the little boy in me still holds so dear.

you have a point .....thats one of reasons i always like shuster or rikaard or even contemplate the idea of a strong DOF to clear house and bring structure and culture in rovers

Not having a go but what's the big obsession with Rijkaard? I don't know where you get the idea he would ever come here, especially in the Championship.

Shearer at Ewood would inspire everyone once appointed. He'd do as good a job as Hughsey in my opinion.

The problem is Hughes is smart and intellgent, Shearer is not. After the debacles with Ince and in particular Kean, appointing another inexperienced rookie such as Shearer would be madness. Rovers need a strong, safe pair of hands who is going to shake the players out of their current lethargy. Mick McCarthy fits the bill perfectly.

Not having a go but what's the big obsession with Rijkaard? I don't know where you get the idea he would ever come here, especially in the Championship.

no obsession ... just want someone who i believe can do the job well and instill disipline to rovers ... someone who has worked at topmost level and can try to replicate the model of top clubs ... i do also like laudrup , shuster , OGS and few others ...

The problem is Hughes is smart and intellgent, Shearer is not. After the debacles with Ince and in particular Kean, appointing another inexperienced rookie such as Shearer would be madness. Rovers need a strong, safe pair of hands who is going to shake the players out of their current lethargy. Mick McCarthy fits the bill perfectly.

Can't argue with any of this, Shearer great player that he was isn't the man for the job and he'd bring another lying swine with him in Dowie, no thanks.

Maybe not a client but this from a LT article from Dec 2010 is worrying: "SEM oversaw six of Sven-Goran Eriksson’s nine signings during Shinawatra’s season at the helm (of Man City), including Elano, Valeri Bojinov and Gelson Fernandes".

No thanks, Shebby.

He's forgotten more than 'Big Al' knows.

Give me ONE good reason for Shearer being a managerial success here.

And no, his playing career or any imaginary backroom staff don't count.

Because every single fan would be behind him...

First choice or not.

Not sure that we can presume Alan Shearer isn't intelligent. Wouldn't call blowing 20+ million on midfielders and forwards and nothing on defenders "smart".

If that's the thinking then... I'd rather have Curbishley. Mccarthy is a dinosaur of football who can't buy footballers.

What isn't good enough for Wolves, isn't good enough for us.

Maybe not a client but this from a LT article from Dec 2010 is worrying: "SEM oversaw six of Sven-Goran Eriksson’s nine signings during Shinawatra’s season at the helm (of Man City), including Elano, Valeri Bojinov and Gelson Fernandes".

No thanks, Shebby.

Athole Still is his agent.

His non-operatic client list has included past Scotland managers Craig Brown and George Burley, Celtic boss Gordon Strachan, Vialli, Coppell and Eriksson. Probably less favoured by Palace fans is Still’s involvement as agent for Gus Poyet, manager at Brighton. This summer, the former opera singer conducted the move of Paul Lambert from Norwich City to Aston Villa.

Sounds like Still and you know who have had a good working relationship in the past/present Londoner's work hand in hand.

Because every single fan would be behind him...

First choice or not.

You could say that about every manager going apart from Ince, Kidd, Black and Hendry....that's hardly a reason.

Not sure that we can presume Alan Shearer isn't intelligent. Wouldn't call blowing 20+ million on midfielders and forwards and nothing on defenders "smart".

If that's the thinking then... I'd rather have Curbishley. Mccarthy is a dinosaur of football who can't buy footballers.

What isn't good enough for Wolves, isn't good enough for us.

Have you not seen him on MOTD? He's hardly captain charisma either.....I can't really see him motivating the players with rousing speeches.

Wolves fans don't speak highly of McCarthy in the prem but he would likely take us up so it's a weird one....I'd prefer him to some candidates but not others.

Strange response to the Sven question in that sky sports interview i thought.

Yep, it's looking like Sven to me. It reminded me of League of Gentlemen when the policeman walked into the local shop..."We didn't kill him!"

You could say that about every manager going apart from Ince, Kidd, Black and Hendry....that's hardly a reason.

Have you not seen him on MOTD? He's hardly captain charisma either.....I can't really see him motivating the players with rousing speeches.

Wolves fans don't speak highly of McCarthy in the prem but he would likely take us up so it's a weird one....I'd prefer him to some candidates but not others.

Do you genuinely believe that what he's like in the MOTD studio is the same as what he's like in a changing room?!

It's known that Shearer was one of the big leaders in the Rovers dressing room in his time here and, if anything, he was a bit too passionate and authoritive in the few games he took over Newcastle.

They had massive problems with fitness, morale and motivation and although he banged some heads together, it was just a case of too little too late in their season.

Why do I get the nasty feeling that Sven is SEM/Kentaro?

No he isn't.

His agent is, or at least was, a guy called Athole Still - now, IMO, he is a strange guy !

Also, IMO, not a chance of him getting the job.

Archived