BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

My prediction is that we still won't have appointed a new manager by the Derby game. Let's face it - Venkys want Black to succeed and will give him the time to attempt to do so. Lack of urgency so far has shown that.

I agree, I think they are just dangling a carrot with Shearer/Sherwood,

Then when the Season Tickets finish selling. 19th October...They'll appoint Black.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I think they are just dangling a carrot with Shearer/Sherwood,

Then when the Season Tickets finish selling. 19th October...They'll appoint Black.

That won't stop people cancelling them though

End of the day if they appoint black it shows how deep the kean runs. I think it will tip a lot of fans over the edge if they do. Every keanite needs exterminating and fast , balls to this patience lark .GET I T DONE NOW

End of the day if they appoint black it shows how deep the kean runs. I think it will tip a lot of fans over the edge if they do. Every keanite needs exterminating and fast , balls to this patience lark .GET I T DONE NOW

plus 1 million

It could be argued that those against Shearer because of his Newcastle record are right to be concerned, but I would be in the camp that would support his appointment, with the proviso that he gets a good backroom team in with him.

His presence would surely invigorate the players, fans and media spin of the club. The key is who is assisting/advising him as tthese players need to go back to basics as to me they have been under coached for far too long. On paper the squad is far superior to most if not all others in this league, and even better than some in the Premier League IMO, but they have underperformed for too long under the management of Kean.

The Rovers job should be attractive as any half decent manager should be able to get us promoted, and if I was one the managers I would be ensuring I had something written in to my contract that ensured a big bonus on promotion and certain guarantees about budgets etc when promoted. Whoever comes in has a great shot of being the manager of a Championship winning team.

I understand why people may be against a Shearer type appointment due to the lack of experience but I think with the right team behind them a manager that can come in and improve the atmosphere and attitudes of players/fans will reap the benefits.

Look how fine the line was when Kean took over a well organised and fit squad, it didn't take long for things to turn around. People also forget that Mark Hughes had no club management experience at all when he took over and is possibly the best manager we have had since Dalglish. International experience, meeting the players for a few days every couple of months and having a bunch of players whose wages and contracts, general fitness and training is not a good comparison to being a club manager, yet Hughes and his very good backroom team performed wonders IMO with Rovers.

Maybe it's the romanticism of someone like Shearer but I believe that if done right it should be a success, it certainly can't be any worse than what we have had for the past 18 months.

Doesnt suggest he is interested in the Blackburn job but what do people think of this???

http://www1.skysport.../11676/8147993/

"Clement worked with the likes of Ancelotti, Guus Hiddink and Jose Mourinho at Chelsea before linking up with the Italian again at PSG earlier this year."

I'm sure they've missed someone out there.

Abcelotti, Hiddink, Mourinho and Kean. It doesn't get any better than that.

I would relax about Black being appointed for the moment.

Shortlisting will take place today and they they will start to contact candidates who have been shortlisted.

Fingers crossed that they make the right decision and get it sorted by the end of the week.

Cheers for info Kamy.

Shortlisting will take place today and they they will start to contact candidates who have been shortlisted.

Fingers crossed that they make the right decision and get it sorted by the end of the week.

Do you think it could be end of this week or next week ?

i would take Sherwood over Shearer mainly because Sherwood is actually engaged in the football world (rather than just sitting on the bbc couch), is respected by professional, and would take the job seriously. Shearer would worry me, I am not sure he would take the job that seriously. Also he just does not seem that sharp to be completely honest

I would take an experienced manager - Curbishley, OGS, Schuhster over either of them.

I wouldnt mind Shearer or Sherwood to be honest i think either would have enough ability to whip the squad into shape and bring in playes with good quality if they had funds. I would prefer Shearer or Sherwood to Roy Keane even though Roy has a fair bity more experience (for better or worse).

I hope the shortlist doesnt include Black but it pobably will do. On the shortlist i imagine will be only people who have applied for the job, so that could rule out a lot of candidates the media are pushing to the front. Personally as i've stated a few times before i would like Mick Mc, though OGS does interest me somewhat, i just find it unlikely he will come to us. Whoever gets the job provided it's not Black i will back, i wont back Black because to be honest even though i'd like him to stay a coach i think it would be a massive middle finger to fans if Venkys appointed him.

Do you know yet who will be interviewing the candidates Kamy?

Haha yeah I'm still looking soft lad. How can you honestly have a pop at anyone with your "Princess of BRFCS" status and your strange creepy avatar hahaha.

Just so I understand you...

You are trying to turn the need for you to insult folk into me defending my status and avatar.

Right-o.

Do you know yet who will be interviewing the candidates Kamy?

No idea. Shebby will be heavily involved in the process, the owners are still in Zurich so maybe candidates will go out there to meet with the owners. If we are after Shearer then he would certainly want to talk to the owners directly.

I voted OSG because :

1. He did well with United reserves

2. Has done well at Molde

3. Young up and coming manager

4. Well respected in the game

5. Big enough name to get sponsors and hopefully fans back

I admit he is possibly more of a risk than McCarthy for promotion this season - but if successful more likely to keep us up if we do get promoted. Every appointment is a risk - even with Williams in charge we got it wrong.

Sounds very similar to that guy we appointed before by the name of Ince.

It could be argued that those against Shearer because of his Newcastle record are right to be concerned, but I would be in the camp that would support his appointment, with the proviso that he gets a good backroom team in with him.

His presence would surely invigorate the players, fans and media spin of the club. The key is who is assisting/advising him as tthese players need to go back to basics as to me they have been under coached for far too long. On paper the squad is far superior to most if not all others in this league, and even better than some in the Premier League IMO, but they have underperformed for too long under the management of Kean.

The Rovers job should be attractive as any half decent manager should be able to get us promoted, and if I was one the managers I would be ensuring I had something written in to my contract that ensured a big bonus on promotion and certain guarantees about budgets etc when promoted. Whoever comes in has a great shot of being the manager of a Championship winning team.

I understand why people may be against a Shearer type appointment due to the lack of experience but I think with the right team behind them a manager that can come in and improve the atmosphere and attitudes of players/fans will reap the benefits.

Look how fine the line was when Kean took over a well organised and fit squad, it didn't take long for things to turn around. People also forget that Mark Hughes had no club management experience at all when he took over and is possibly the best manager we have had since Dalglish. International experience, meeting the players for a few days every couple of months and having a bunch of players whose wages and contracts, general fitness and training is not a good comparison to being a club manager, yet Hughes and his very good backroom team performed wonders IMO with Rovers.

Maybe it's the romanticism of someone like Shearer but I believe that if done right it should be a success, it certainly can't be any worse than what we have had for the past 18 months.

Can see where your coming from and im in the same boat - would love Shearer to work, but needs a very good team around him to succeed, aswell as a pot of cash to change a few things in Jan.

Maybe he'd prefer to get us promoted, build his CV and grow with the team than to go to a struggling Prem league team?? Who knows.

Kean left for the chance of earning more money out of the situation. Shebby will deserve credit when he actually makes a good decisive decision for once... IMO.

AT LAST!!!!

A Rovers fan who talks sense. That was a much welcome post after endless "Shearer is a worse manager than Kean"... After only 8 games in charge.

Archived