BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just been scrolling through the past few days posts on this subject to find 'Blackburn Rovers' fans saying they would rather have Eric Black as manager than Shearer....

Words absolutely fail me.

Well I went for Schuster.. a few people have not seemed that interested in him mainly down to comments on his wiki page, which actually came about mainly due to him falling out with the press and his win percentage especially at Levante and Getafe is deceiving as these where small clubs with low budgets in one of the worlds big spending leagues..

The most important things for me are his reputation in the game, his experience, his style of football, tactical ability (he often switches formations based on opponents), his contacts, his ability to attract players, his eye for a good player and the king of the lot his ability to work with players with attitudes... any manager who can work with and get the best out of Raul, Quaresma, Robben, Robinho, Heinze, Guti et al has the man management ability to deal with the likes of Murphy, Givet, Simon, Olsson..

I've just been scrolling through the past few days posts on this subject to find 'Blackburn Rovers' fans saying they would rather have Eric Black as manager than Shearer....

Words absolutely fail me.

I don't want Eric Black to manage the club, I would be dead against it.

But words fail me that some Rovers fans would want a man whose only experience in coaching is relegating Newcastle United by only getting five points from eight games at the end of their season.

All this stuff about how it would be a "feel good factor" and how that would somehow win us games and get us up the division when he's clearly tactically naive is some of the biggest rubbish I've ever heard.

It's more a comment on how bad an appointment Shearer would be that I'd prefer someone who has much more experience assistant managing and coaching.

No, a "feel good factor" on its own usually does absolutely f all let alone move mountains.

Kenny taking charge was big because he had proved himself as a manager, and the spirit only lasted because he won games.

You can't pick a manager and say "but only if he has these people as backroom staff". The manager should be the mastermind behind the operation, not the backroom team.

Can't disagree with you SR, its just the way different people see things. The atmosphere and negative outlook is going to be a huge hurdle for whoever the next manager is. That is why I can see some positives with Shearer, he may be given more time than other options.

I think the next manager must have the backing of the vast majority of the fans. As I have said, McCarthy is my 1st choice and if Souness and Hughsie were an option I'd have struggled to choose. The situation we are in calls for experience IMO.

But words fail me that some Rovers fans would want a man whose only experience in coaching is relegating Newcastle United by only getting five points from eight games at the end of their season.

All this stuff about how it would be a "feel good factor" and how that would somehow win us games and get us up the division when he's clearly tactically naive is some of the biggest rubbish I've ever heard.

It's more a comment on how bad an appointment Shearer would be that I'd prefer someone who has much more experience assistant managing and coaching.

ERIC BLACK WAS SACKED BY COVENTRY!!!

Mark Hughes has just got 2 points from 7 games, would you take him?

There was a time when the best players to play for your club were given the chance at management e.g Kenny, Souness, Keegan... It's an old fashioned way of thinking but for me, Rovers fans could do with a little old fashioned.

Harry Harris and the short list - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1183568?&cc=5739

Singh plans to speak with Shearer on Monday and interview three or four candidates when he draws up a shortlist, which will also include Tim Sherwood - despite Tottenham being unwilling to release him from his coaching position at present - and Roy Keane.

Italian David Ballardini, the one time Lazio coach is also available, while ex-Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster is another favoured candidate, though his salary demands could push him out of the equation.

Harry Harris and the short list - http://soccernet.esp...183568?&cc=5739

Singh plans to speak with Shearer on Monday and interview three or four candidates when he draws up a shortlist, which will also include Tim Sherwood - despite Tottenham being unwilling to release him from his coaching position at present - and Roy Keane.

Italian David Ballardini, the one time Lazio coach is also available, while ex-Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster is another favoured candidate, though his salary demands could push him out of the equation.

Well they're claiming Kean was sacked in that report which makes me question the whole article

My thoughts....

If going down the inexperienced route then OGS for me - at least has SOME experience of managing and seems very well respected (from what he has done so far).

If going experienced - Curbs, Hitzfield, Schuster, or maybe Mick McCarthy.

Ideally need someone who can hit the ground running, with the foreign experienced managers there would be a concern that they would not know any of our squad!

I really don't want McCarthy. He 's a dinosaur & cannot buy a player to save his life.

Don't get me wrong, I'd get 100% behind him but if we're going to go for that type of manager then... Curbs for me.

People need to forget all about Holloway.... Will not happen.

Steven Fletcher, Kevin Doyle... McCarthy is a great manager to get you out of the quagmire! You cant knock hs record at this level.

Our squad is woefully indisciplined and lazy. I'd want a manager that would correct this and then play our best 11 players.

I'd also like to see the likes of Raheem Hanley or O'connor given an opportunity ahead of these Portuguese nobody's!! We spent a fortune developing these lads.

Steven Fletcher, Kevin Doyle... McCarthy is a great manager to get you out of the quagmire! You cant knock hs record at this level.

Our squad is woefully indisciplined and lazy. I'd want a manager that would correct this and then play our best 11 players.

I'd also like to see the likes of Raheem Hanley or O'connor given an opportunity ahead of these Portuguese nobody's!! We spent a fortune developing these lads.

We definitely aren't fit enough. I doubt Kean has heard of the bleep test.

Archived