BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

Cryer thinks unlikely and whilst he gets more right than wrong, I think he is wrong on this and, IMO, Shearer is trailing OGS by not very much:

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

@roversrovers I wouldn't worry about shearer to be honest! Unlikely

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cryer thinks unlikely and whilst he gets more right than wrong, I think he is wrong on this and, IMO, Shearer is trailing OGS by not very much:

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

@roversrovers I wouldn't worry about shearer to be honest! Unlikely

Where do you hear that about OGS? He won't come to rovers.

Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Martins plus a couple of more went aswell.

Ashley mess NU up big time with 4 managers that season and Dennis Wise as DoF.

Ashley realise his huge mistake and change the club from Top to bottom now.

Habib Beye and Bassong wasn't it.

I really don't know what to say if Shearer does come in. It is not as if I don't want to see him get a shot at the job..

The appointment just wouldn't excite me, although I would be happy to see him at the helm.

I think that's the general feeling of quite a few.....although I'm sure everyone will back him if he does get the job so people shouldn't worry about that......I think the only people who some fans wouldn't back would be Black or Hendry.

One advantage with OGS (compared to lets say a London-based club) - he still has a house in Manchester, right? Or at least that is his second home anyway.

If it wasnt for the norwegian football league reaching its final stages this month, with Molde at the top by a point or two, I could easily see Solskjær wanting to come.

Wow.. 77% of people expect Venkys to make the wrong decision (based on a comparison of votes for who we want compaired to who we expect).. that some statistic despite the efforts Shebby has made.

What efforts exactly??? I heard him talking on Radio Rovers about a feel good factor now Kean has gone... If this is the case then why didn't he sack him on appointment? I heard some 'Rovers fans' chanting "We are Rovers Shebby is our King" which disgusted me.

He's another spineless Venky boy.

Hot off the press Journalism of courage. A good insight into the contrasting cultures reporting and accuracy . Worthy of a titter !!

http://www.indianexp...right/1013423/1

Jesus I see what you mean.. thats impressive on so many levels.. I especially liked how Venkys hired Jnr H and Martin Olsson, how Sam was a likeable chap and the oh so brilliant summary at the end.. apparently it does not matter who Desai hires..

What efforts exactly??? I heard him talking on Radio Rovers about a feel good factor now Kean has gone... If this is the case then why didn't he sack him on appointment? I heard some 'Rovers fans' chanting "We are Rovers Shebby is our King" which disgusted me.

He's another spineless Venky boy.

For a start he is engaging with the fans allot more, he pretty much made it clear early this season what he felt about Kean and in my humble opinion without him I doubt Kean would of left.. at the very least he has given Venkys a dif perspective on the going on in the UK.

I am no huge Shebby fan, but he does at least deserve a little recognition for Keans exit.

OGS might as well hold out for a PL manager to get the sack and throw his name into a much more illustrious hat, some managers are certainly on the ropes now.

Maybe he'd prefer to get us promoted, build his CV and grow with the team than to go to a struggling Prem league team?? Who knows.

I wouldn't trust Shearer to manage Rovers any more than I'd trust Adele to manage a Krispy Kreme franchise.

Agreed. If we appointed Shearer, I would have the same sense of doom I had when we appointed Kean, and even worse than the sense of doom I had when we appointed Ince (I was unhappy with that appointment but at least he'd done well uptil then).

The fact he was an amazing player for us means almost nothing when it comes to appointing him as a manager.

whoever gets the job needs to be given funds in January and allowed to bring in their own backroom staff with no interference what so ever and will have to get rid of some of the dross we have because for Rovers to go up this time it's going to take one all mighty turn around

It will seem like back to square one if Black is appointed. We need a clear out of all the management team that was under Kean. Let a new manager bring in whoever he wants. First things first though, that the squads fitness needs to be assessed/addressed. Then he can have a look at the entire squad and work out his best starting 11. I know what mine would be

My prediction is that we still won't have appointed a new manager by the Derby game. Let's face it - Venkys want Black to succeed and will give him the time to attempt to do so. Lack of urgency so far has shown that.

Time will tell , but it looks ominious !

Although he isn't even close to being my preferred choice I'll be getting right behind Shearer if he is appointed manager and will just have to trust that he's going to do a good job.

A lot of people won't, I'd expect. They won't boo things immediately, will maybe give it a couple of games, then many of those who never backed him will start to get on the team's back. We need an appointment that can unite the fan base. Only a manager with a proven record will be to everyone's liking.

Archived