BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What amazes me is that we all wanted Coco gone, and now we couldn't be more divided on who to replace him! For me Black is no option at all, and Agnew & Shaw should follow him to the DWP. OGS is interesting, Shearer could be interesting, but there isn't one outstanding candidate! Frustrated of Clitheroe!

That's the thing, there is no decent, realistic experienced candidate who has managed in England before (who has been strongly linked anyway) - difficult decision....

That's the thing, there is no decent, realistic experienced candidate who has managed in England before (who has been strongly linked anyway) - difficult decision....

Does McCarthy not fit all of the above criteria ?

Not being considered according to Cryer - he's not been linked yet even though he jumped well up the betting odds over the past 24 hours. Bolton apparently looking at him.

Bolton have responded to us sacking Kean by sacking Coyle, as they knew the best manager available and were obviously concerned we'd get him. McCarthy is evens on sky bet for the Bolton job. Bugger!

I would love to see a list of who forum members would consider acceptable respectively unacceptable (and yes if after 6 months it is going tits up it is then permitted to request the managers removal even if you wanted him in the first place!) :rock:

I'd be pretty much happy with any of the candidates in the list with the exception of Keane, McCall and Larsson and Shearer (forgot he was even in the running...)

Beat me to it. People are seeing past the experienced and successful managers because they are looking too far down the line. Lots of fans championing underqualified, inexperienced in general/in this division managers. Big Mick has proved himself, Alex McLeish has too - but they aren't deemed "exciting enough" or are criticised for suffering relegation in the past. Let's get out of this league first and start worrying about relegation if and when we make it to the Premier League.

Poppycock

He owes us and he knows it.

He is a complete and utter mercenary. I always think that he walks into jobs with the sole intention of serving the minimum time to then get the maximum payout.

Besides anyone who goes back on a gentlemans agreement with Uncle Jack isn't worth a fig.

McCarthy holds the title of lowest points gained in PL

He is a complete and utter mercenary. I always think that he walks into jobs with the sole intention of serving the minimum time to then get the maximum payout.

Besides anyone who goes back on a gentlemans agreement with Uncle Jack isn't worth a fig.

Germany 1-5 England

That's enough for me :-)

Beat me to it. People are seeing past the experienced and successful managers because they are looking too far down the line. Lots of fans championing underqualified, inexperienced in general/in this division managers. Big Mick has proved himself, Alex McLeish has too - but they aren't deemed "exciting enough" or are criticised for suffering relegation in the past. Let's get out of this league first and start worrying about relegation if and when we make it to the Premier League.

Personally it's not really because of their style or the fact they were relegated (because Holloway went back down)......rather McLeish's Prem sides never look like scoring and McCarthy's normally look like conceding.

No Owls' bet.

First rule of betting, don't bet what you can't afford to lose, second rule, be as certain as you can be when you part with your brass.

Owls didn't tick box for rule two.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that reads your posts and wishes the first rule of betting was the same as the first rule of Fight Club....

Personally it's not really because of their style of the fact they were relegated (because Holloway went back down)......rather McLeish's Prem sides never look like scoring and McCarthy's normally look like conceding.

But we aren't a Premier League team.

If they take their time and appoint that Swedish guy I'll be very unimpressed too. Am i the only one who is totally against his having anything to do with Rovers? I'm prepared to accept that it might be just me with an irrational loathing but his Well! is as annoying as any of Kean's liplicking etc

Nope.

Poppycock

He owes us and he knows it.

He owes us? He went back on his word. Game over. Same with Keane.

Read back Bucky, he was linked to a certain agent when at City, he was involved at Notts County when they were taken for a ride, he did take a job as Director of Football for The Kings Head in Thailand - last month. He was also crap at Leicester in this very division. Well past his sell by date for me.

"So Sven, that's the 18th defeat in a row, Rovers are in danger of being relegated now, and are conceding on average 4 goals every 90 seconds. You've come in on £2m a year on a 8 year contract. What's going on? "

Sven: " *sigh* Well... "

That sort of thing gumboots?

Well there you go. I wasn't copying! Honest!

Are you sure it didn't read sharing "their philosophy for talking out out their arses" ?

I know Bob-what a farce this whole gig is.I mean who have we got making this choice for us?Some posters are saying its a good thing because we have Shebby!!! Sweet Jesus, the guy is a total air head who seems more intent on being in the Uk media than actually doing something fundamentally benficial t.o the Club.There are some pretty ugly rumours doing the rounds about his involvement in the asylum seeking Portugese crew that seem to arrive weekly .

Frankly i just don't see any way back for the Club or anyway of having our fans unite whilst these goons are in charge.

Derby County hold the record and had at least two managers that season 2007/2008 I think. One of which was Davies, the other Jewell.

Correct. Davies was sacked Oct/Nov, they got about 11points in total.

People overlook McCarthy also kept teams in the Premier League too.

"So Sven, that's the 18th defeat in a row, Rovers are in danger of being relegated now, and are conceding on average 4 goals every 90 seconds. You've come in on £2m a year on a 8 year contract. What's going on? "

Sven: " *sigh* Well... "

That sort of thing gumboots?

exactly that sort of thing. And it's not just on edited highlights of press conferences - he does it all the time apparently. My daughter went to one of his press conferences and couldn't help but laugh every time he did it. Besides, as has been said, he's a mercenary and as Teflon coated as kean in that he's had very little success in the last 10 years or so and yet somehow manages to avoid being labelled a failure and always gets talked up as a good manager. Well, he might have been earlier in his career but now he's great at taking money and leaving clubs worse off. Sounds all too familiar - I expect him to be appointed. I know there are drawbacks with all the candidates and we're never going to get a perfect match such as Souness and Hughes at the times they were apoointed, but I'd take most of the other names being mentioned and have a good shot at getting behind them.

According to GM latest tweets after the meeting tonight with Shebby, Shebby will recommend then the family will decide.

Heres what else he put about the criteria

If things go to plan the manager has to tick a lot of boxes , Be squeaky clean , British , never been relegated , not the finished article

Must have the ability , drive and football philosophy to want to go all the way to the top . Served a good apprenticeship

Whatever he had achieved as a player or big name will have no baring on final decision . They want a footballing man, they want to create their own mourinho

according to glen, we will be get a no-mark as a manager, someone up and coming (ie cheap and a yes man) also british, so expect, a paul dickov or hill, so we can forget about any decent manager because venkys are cheapasses

Archived